SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

6 minutes ago, JohnLloyd said:

Unsure of the date on this, possibly pre his Hi recordings. As he wrote and produced this and had 4 out of 5 of the records on Royal - Tone did he own the label?

This has probably been discussed before but I can't find it any where.

Gene Anderson - Baby I Dig You

Great dance track John.

:hatsoff2:

Pete

Social source share

Just seen one of these in sales. I have the album and the 45 somewhere. I think I got the 45 as a real bargain from the states - many years after I bought the album. Can't remember who played this first but pretty certain that it was a big Clifton Hall spin. 

Bobby King - If You Don't Want My Love. 

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

On 30/09/2017 at 11:37, JohnLloyd said:

Unsure of the date on this, possibly pre his Hi recordings. As he wrote and produced this and had 4 out of 5 of the records on Royal - Tone did he own the label?

This has probably been discussed before but I can't find it any where.

Gene Anderson - Baby I Dig You

John

New to me & on first couple of plays quite catchy,maybe not quite right for "now" as they say but still half descent :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On 30/09/2017 at 11:50, Peter99 said:

Just seen one of these in sales. I have the album and the 45 somewhere. I think I got the 45 as a real bargain from the states - many years after I bought the album. Can't remember who played this first but pretty certain that it was a big Clifton Hall spin. 

Can't remember who played this first..........Whoever it was should have been shot :thumbup::thumbup:........Ahh it's been awhile Pete :shhh:........I blame the bottle of Port :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Heard this out last night & forgot how good it sounds (I expect retaliation from Pete :wink:) Come out on loads of labels,think I've got it in about right in order of rarity/price(any correction most welcome)........Correc-Tone,UK MGM,Cub,Black Verve,Blue Verve (got a black Verve one)

Wilson Pickett - Let Me Be Your Boy Verve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 30/09/2017 at 11:50, Peter99 said:

Not that I was there but late Wigan biggie wasn't it? 

I just bought some really nice new expensive Bowers & Wilkins speakers recently and this one sounds the business on them (from the album) - unbelievably crisp production for the time. Also sounded fantastic at Mark Freeman's modern niter the other week

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 01/10/2017 at 14:48, hullsoul said:

Heard this out last night & forgot how good it sounds (I expect retaliation from Pete :wink:) Come out on loads of labels,think I've got it in about right in order of rarity/price(any correction most welcome)........Correc-Tone,UK MGM,Cub,Black Verve,Blue Verve (got a black Verve one)

Wilson Pickett - Let Me Be Your Boy Verve

Just been doing a bit of jiving to that Martyn. :wicked:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Muted to be an answer song to Sonny Rhodes- You Better Stop Galaxy,not quite sure myself just know it's a cracking dancer.Great vocal from GA as well.

Gail Anderson - I Can't Stop It Galaxy

(Not the greatest copy on the vid but only one I could find,mines a minter :wink:)

Social source share

Forgot about this little bugga until the other day 

Soul Crusaders - Those Memories - LuTall reckon I had this in the Cleethorpes days , haven't heard it since to be honest , sounds great loud !

Swifty:thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY
Great slowie on B side too !
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Got to be in my top ten 👍👏👌🎶🎶🎶

53 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Been playing this oldie a lot lately, The Trends - Thanks For A Little Lovin :) 

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All .....How pleased was I to see Friday Browns, 32nd Love Affair, FONTANA. up for auction on Manships, Like most of us who started collecting rare soul back at the start of the 7ts (not exclusively) we enjoyed the search for an exclusive find to brag about to mates, as with so many rare UK soul records, back then I always could find the label but not the record, for many years I searched for the issue of Fathers Angels "Bok to Bach" MGM with no success, in the end I paid Mick Smith £30 for a copy I took of a shelf at his house and refused to replace it insisting it belonged in my collection (I still rate it as one of the real rare records to own), anyway back to Friday Brown, John's write up is bang on, in my opinion this is one of the most overlooked UK 45s when you consider it is 2017 not 1977, please if you don't know this classic play it at least 3x to realise what John is saying about it, and why I put it up with the very best NORTHERN DANCE records, plus a great B side for future play.

I rate this as a 5 star record, & one that only comes along, well never, it must be worth a bid?:thumbsup: DAVE K.

• Up vote 2
Social source share