SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

6 hours ago, Keeper said:

Dragnet ....that's the b side to Derek and Ray methinks ???

Neil

"Dragnet 67" (not the original TV theme tune)  it was called & Dickie S played it on the odd occasion at Wigan & wouldn't mind a copy just for that side alone :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Love this Martyn, need to find one :D 

Rick is right, reminds me of Batman running around with the unexploded bomb 

Chris

Well I am surprised,looks like my work is done with you :lol:.............now where is Peter :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

9 hours ago, gazman said:

a couple getting some action in my wee record room this morning. Some Gospel funkiness and a sublime SLAB of SOUL..............

gary

Gary

Ohhh like the Stevie Hawkins :thumbsup:

Bit of info please............Is it LP only?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Initially I thought Gary's post of Stevie Hawkins was a version of this Bobby Bland track but on closer listening it's not.So thought I'd post the Bobby track as I'd forgotten how good it is :thumbsup:

Bobby Bland-Back In The Same Old Bag Again Duke

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, hullsoul said:

B side time from me today,been playing this side more then the top side (Drown My Heart) recently.

David Coleman - My Foolish Heart Barry

I foolishly sold this some years ago and if my memory serves me correctly the other side ain't at all bad too ta for reminding me just HOW good.....Silly Me

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

I foolishly sold this some years ago and if my memory serves me correctly the other side ain't at all bad too ta for reminding me just HOW good.....Silly Me

Rick

The other side has been massive for a few years now.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I supplied the music for a friends Wedding over the weekend and as per usual with me over the years dj-ing a wedding I gave this Classic from Martha Reeves & the Vandellas a spin, any excuse. :) :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Superb spin from Tyrone (The Wonder Boy) Davis - Please Consider Me  :yes:  :hatsoff2:

Someone put me out my misery please?This is the same backing as something else (which I've got I think???) anyone tell what please.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Hi Martyn, it starts like 'Running a losing race', also by him - is that what you're thinking of?

Chris

That's the baby thanks,only bought a copy of it recently............old age is no fun when record collecting :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

I am a bit of a jazz fan on the quiet :rofl: Been spinning this one a lot recently, Billy Taylor Trio 'Sunny' (Tower)

Chris

Not sure I want to hear this out (it's the piano bit in the middle) but great home listening :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Give this one a go Martyn, Ivan Boogaloo Jones 'Black Whip' (Prestige) - reckon it would sit nicely alongside some of your Latin tunes as an early doors spin

Chris

Not so sure about this,maybe a step to far even for me :lol:Plus it's 6+ mins long I'd be killing some of the owld buggers :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 10/07/2017 at 12:14, hullsoul said:

LP track from me today,don't think this has ever had a 45.The LP also has "I've Just Got To Tell Someone" which I think did get a 45 release?Both great dancers.

Gloria Lynne - How Did You Make Me Love You Happy & In Love LP

Nice one Martyn, thanks for posting.

Despite her rather fragile vocals, I always loved her "I'm so in Love" DJM LP, which this cracking track is also on.

I never realised though, until you posted this that the DJM  album was a re-issue or more accurately a re-compilation of Happy & In Love

which I now find out was released 4 years earlier on MOJO (Fontana US). Dunno how I missed it at the time, I could have had 4 more years of listening pleasure.

"I've Just Gotta Tell Somebody"  B/W I'm so in Love" to was released on a label called "Shotgun", as 45 a few years ago.

Whether this was a boot or not , I don't know but it looks legit.

Anyway for the un-initiated:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

6 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I can't remember if I posted this before but it's a very sunny day. Album only - Luther Vandross. Follow My Love. What a voice Luther had - wonderful. 

Nice choice of song Pete from Luther Vandross, he did so many great tracks, one of my big favourites is So Amazing blew me away when I first heard it which was when it was played at a wedding reception bash. :) :hatsoff2:    

• Helpful 2
Social source share