SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

On 7/27/2017 at 14:03, hullsoul said:

Rick

WOW!!This is brilliant,new to me but loved it straight away :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

There is also an uptempo remix of the song ......which i liked .....but that was before i heard the original !!!!!!!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well hope all is well with everyone, Thought it was time for a change today, something fast and funky with some mind blowing Funky Horns and some wailing vocals :yes: ( From 1974 )Some will Like Some Won't but that is what this music is all about, Me, I love it, but i love stuff that is just a bit left field and this is up there! Crank it up and enjoy. Rick 

Rick

New to me & what a cracker.Burnley nighter would love this (might be played there?)

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On 8/2/2017 at 08:55, hullsoul said:

Rick

New to me & what a cracker.Burnley nighter would love this (might be played there?)

Cheers

Martyn

You''re probably right on that Martyn, It Is a very rare record on orig as you may well know, Check the price on Popsike, but there are still the re-issues ?? (Now Again Records 2003) out there but would suspect these will disappear, Never seen the Rondo copy come up for sale. 

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

You''re probably right on that Martyn, It Is a very rare record on orig as you may well know, Check the price on Popsike, but there are still the re-issues ?? (Now and Again Records 2003) out there but would suspect these will disappear, Never seen the Rondo copy come up for sale. 

Rick

Another one onto the wish list by the sounds of it :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Following on from Bruvs RCA choice thought i would bang one up as well, this time more of a beat ballad from the label and a great tune that is not going to cost you an arm and a leg, From Freddie Paris, this is Available on his LP "Loving Mood" or on a 45 RPM, which ever floats your boat, This is "There She Goes", Enjoy, Rick

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Well time to post something something from my very early days of dee jaying, this double sider is from 1972, i know some of you guys like some of the more obscure left field stuff from my collection and some won't ) I don't mind coz it's all horses for courses but i do hope you enjoy, Rick

• Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

Back to the "Cleethorpes Pier" Niters with the next couple of tunes and a wonderfuly unusual type of record for its time (1965) Very Basic but Funky With It! :ohmy:

I can see the bodies on the dance floor now competing with one another with this quirky little number blaring out of the speakers...Magic! :yes: 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Next up back to basic proper traditional soul from 1970 Mr. George Byrd, giving the Pier Faithful a good Work Out and Then Some, The other side pretty damn good too and got many a spin  (That Being - I'm Available ) which was the PLUG SIDE, But here we have the flip side the Wonderful "You better tell her So!) And as we say, Crank Up The Volume and Enjoy, Rick :yes: 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well time to post something something from my very early days of dee jaying, this double sider is from 1972, i know some of you guys like some of the more obscure left field stuff from my collection and some won't ) I don't mind coz it's all horses for courses but i do hope you enjoy, Rick

Rick

Been after one of these for a bit for the "People" side,been a big nighter tune over the past few years.Shot up in price so might have to dig a bit deeper then I really want to for one (well I am a Yorkshireman :lol:),great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

19 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Rick

Been after one of these for a bit for the "People" side,been a big nighter tune over the past few years.Shot up in price so might have to dig a bit deeper then I really want to for one (well I am a Yorkshireman :lol:),great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn, Nice it is getting some recognition as not the most obvious of tunes (either side) and did struggle with it playing it to back in the day but over the years tastes and acceptance of styles do change so pleased i am not on my own with it, Don't know much about them either do you? I believe when i found it it was either a junk shop find or a car boot sale, Happy Days:thumbsup: Mine is a Black Issue. 

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Hi Martyn, Nice it is getting some recognition as not the most obvious of tunes (either side) and did struggle with it playing it to back in the day but over the years tastes and acceptance of styles do change so pleased i am not on my own with it, Don't know much about them either do you? I believe when i found it it was either a junk shop find or a car boot sale, Happy Days:thumbsup: Mine is a Black Issue. 

Rich

Reminds me of Empty Bottles in Leeds,a tune I associate with the younger element (no not you :lol:). Not a tune that immediately hits you (didn't me) but once it gets you it reels you in & you are hooked.

I know nothing about the band or the label?

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well hope you guys had a great weekend. Out of my 80s box for a change today and i have chosen Jim Manns version of "everybody Likes it"

I Prefer the vocals on this over the Norman Brown 7" which gets played more often probably because it is more common than the Jim Mann

Version on U. S. Black Giant 12"  (1980) Which is so hard on an orig. Though there are 2nd Issues ?? out there. Hope you like this version,

As usual, ENJOY :yes: Rick

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well hope you guys had a great weekend. Out of my 80s box for a change today and i have chosen Jim Manns version of "everybody Likes it"

I Prefer the vocals on this over the Norman Brown 7" which gets played more often probably because it is more common than the Jim Mann

Version on U. S. Black Giant 12"  (1980) Which is so hard on an orig. Though there are 2nd Issues/Boots ?? out there. Hope you like this version,

As usual, ENJOY :yes: Rick

Lovely that Rick - totally new to me mate. Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing. Any relation to Charles?

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

On 8/10/2017 at 18:44, Bruv said:

Finally have a copy now of The Third Time Around - Soon Everything Is Gonna Be Alright.  I cannot decide if I prefer the vocal or instrumental :g:  :) :hatsoff2: 

When i played this at the Cleethorpes PierAll Niters for me it was always the Instrumental version because i love the way the instrumental version builds until the Girls  come in with that rather catchy chorus towards the end, typical Cleggy Record and still love it and play it today, but the vocal did get spins too but as i say, horses for courses and you have to remember insrumentals were very popular at that time. Rick

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 19:12, RICK SCOTT said:

When i played this at the Cleethorpes PierAll Niters for me it was always the Instrumental version because i love the way the instrumental version builds until the Girls  come in with that rather catchy chorus towards the end, typical Gleggy Record and still love it and play it today, but the vocal did get spins too but as i say, horses for courses and you have to remember insrumentals were very popular at that time. Rick

I bought it for the instrumental Rick I have grown to really like it as it's one of my favourites on the Cleethorpes Story cd, but the vocal isn't bad having played it a few times now. :wink:  :thumbup: 

Social source share

Well, another forgotten Oldie, this time from Ernie Lucas who will be familiar to most of you as Arin Demain. This is the flip to the 45rpm 'Love Thief' (Okeh) "What Would I Do Without You" and is  a rather catchy little number that deserves more plays than it received over the years, as usual, Enjoy ! :yes:  Rick

• Up vote 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL  I'm sure that I have put this up before, however as I have a original copy, I believe it still should be played, how can anyone enjoy playing a bootleg when for £400 you could play one  like mine?, by the way I have the flu??

this is my copy, a 5 star gem

tony gala orig.jpg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Hi Everyone , i hope all is well, here we have a tune i played back in '85 as a new release and deserves a lot more attention than it got back in the day.

there are plenty of these about and cheap as chips so go on, treat yourself you know you want to, anyway crank up the volume and enjoy! :yes: Corky Hale - I Am The One

Social source share