SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

If you have ever been through a divorce or broken up from a  loved one you may well shed a tear or two.

Modern Soul From One Of The Greatest Singer/Song Writers Ever, What Can I say, NOTHING Coz the record Speaks for Its Self mmm mmm mmm :yes:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
extra text required
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

A bit of Ronnie Walker with an early Philly sound  from me today 

The Vid of the tube i the 1st press on Nico i have the W/D on ABC with the Nico N NWA-1 scratched out so its the 1st press with a ABC  W/D label :g:

Ronnie Walker - Its A Good Feelin'

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Put correct info about my ABC W/D scratched out matrix info
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Walter Jackson - Let me come back (Brunswick)

Long history with this one - first heard spun by Cliff Steele I think in Cleethorpes old upstairs modern room mid 90's - just caught the end of it and was blown away. Took a while to get one at the right price but eventually did from Paul Capon, who described it as 'sex on vinyl' lol.

Over the years though, much as I have liked it I would never really say I absolutely loved it - to some extent it's a bit of a dog's dinner with almost too much going on rhythmically and musically, and WJ sounding like he turned up at the wrong studio and got roped in.

However started playing it again on the headphones as a late night spin and suddenly it all makes sense - the lyrics, the grooving bassline, the Jeff Perry arrangement - just fabulous. You probably don't get the best of it here but stick it up loud with plenty of bass and enjoy :thumbup:

Good pick Chris. A big spin in my gaff - as you say needs blasting out of the amp.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

33 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

I Love eddie and ernie BUT...................pump up the volume and let it soak all over you  :yes:

Great record this.  Both sides are fantastic.  Took me a while to get one of these.

i dont think he made a bad record.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, dylan said:

I tried to find it on YouTube to add here but it doesn't seem to be on....

One of his hard ones i believe and not heard it personally although the 'A' side is a bit of a funk affair, will have to try and get to hear this Dylan, Interesting, Cheers, Rick. 

Edited by RICK SCOTT
mistake
Social source share

I seemed to buy a lot of Mojo singles at the time of release. To me the standard was high, up there with other UK labels that sourced from various US labels.

This is a great double sider from Art Gentry - Breakthrough/Wonderful Dream. Written and produced by George Jackson.

Edited by JohnLloyd
added another soundclip
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, JohnLloyd said:

I seemed to buy a lot of Mojo singles at the time of release. To me the standard was high, up there with other UK labels that sourced from various US labels.

This is a great double sider from Art Gentry - Breakthrough/Wonderful Dream. Written and produced by George Jackson.

I really like that John - new to me. You generally can't go wrong with George Jackson on the credits - one of my favorite artists ever - he was a real, cool soul man, love all of his stuff.

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

I really like that John - new to me. You generally can't go wrong with George Jackson on the credits - one of my favorite artists ever - he was a real, cool soul man, love all of his stuff.

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Absolutely george jackson made some amazing soul music my favourite

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, dylan said:

This is odd....

all the tracks seem embedded in the wrong postings ?

rick

i never heard that GG from 93 before but it seems to have disapeaed and gas been replaced by petes selection.

Dylan, it is from the " Heart to Heart collect"  CD on Black Grape, May be hard to come by now as when i bought that as a new release CD the track was very popular at the time, to my knowledge not available on vinyl, pure Quality that is for sure :yes: Rick

Social source share