SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017 (I FEEL SO GOOD, I WANNA JUMP BACK)

dthedrug

13 hours ago, Patto said:

LOVE that Delfonics Bruv

Heres one from me that took me ages to get hold of.I first heard it mid 80s but it may have had earlier spins.On the Frog label this is the first Grade.

Thank you for posting Patto,  pleased you got yourself a copy in the end.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One of the first singles I bought in the late 1970's having got the bug bad for Soul Music... :hatsoff2: 

It's The Boogie Man Orchestra with Mel Hayes on vocals - Lady, Lady, Lady (are you crazy for me)  :) 

R-648714-1150137366.jpeg.jpg

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Bruv said:

One of the first singles I bought in the late 1970's having got the bug bad for Soul Music... :hatsoff2: 

It's The Boogie Man Orchestra with Mel Hayes on vocals - Lady, Lady, Lady (are you crazy for me)  :) 

You must endeavour to get a grip of how this is done!!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Bruv said:

Nice one Bruv.All time Cleethorpes classic.Which do you prefere the vocal or instumental

• Helpful 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Been trying to work out what this reminded me of, and just realised it is basically a re-write of Soul Communicators 'Those Lonely Nights' on an earlier Fee Bee incarnation (1968 according to Youtube). Presumably I am late to the party and you lot knew all along? 

Chris

Tut,keep up Chris :wicked:..........took me ages when I first heard Dell Vikings as well :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

1 minute ago, SWIFTY said:

Bugger it I ain't posted for a while (Thank Fook I can hear Martyn say!) :lol: a bit of awesomeness imho - a bit of Gladys Knight X

Swifty:wicked:

Swifty

I've missed you...........I like a good laugh :lol:

One of her best(& have posted it myself in the past but well worth another outing),love it!! :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, hullsoul said:

Swifty

I've missed you...........I like a good laugh :lol:

One of her best(& have posted it myself in the past but well worth another outing),love it!! :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Haven't put anything up for a while matey , you may suffer lol! hope you're well Martyn

Just now, Peter99 said:

Sweet Swifty - 

XXXX lol !

Social source share

1 minute ago, TattooDave said:

Me too Martyn, have a great weekend if your trip to the city is still going ahead, this was played at the last one, mine's an issue...

Dave

Yep 100 Club here we come :thumbup:

UK Atlantic copy this end,bought it after Patto played it to me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 3
Social source share

8 hours ago, Patto said:

Nice one Bruv.All time Cleethorpes classic.Which do you prefere the vocal or instumental

Vocal for me Patto,  Mel Hayes voice really adds to the brilliant music. 

I wish I could have been on that pier, I'd have given the jellied eels a miss though! :thumbsup:  :thumbup:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Vocal for me Patto,  Mel Hayes voice really adds to the brilliant music. 

I wish I could have been on that pier, I'd have given the jellied eels a miss though! :thumbsup:  :thumbup:

Pier nighters a bit before my time Bruv but danced to it a few times at the winter Gardens.Vocal for me also but at the right time the Instro delivers as well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Dave

Yep 100 Club here we come :thumbup:

UK Atlantic copy this end,bought it after Patto played it to me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Cheers Martyn have a good un down at Number 100 Oxford St.Dave the Rex Garvin is a cracker and the Northern side (I Got To Go Now) is a real old skool Stormer.:yes:.

The Gong intro on Believe It Or Not, only other record ive heard start that way is So Is The Sun

Patto

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL....There I was living in yesteryear as usual, when I rememberd seeing Major Lance at the Top Rank Hanley, when I recalled 3 TAMLA MOTOWN songs 1)the Contors "baby hit & run" 2) the Isleys "tell me" 3) R Dean Taylor, I picked the RDT song because it was the one that made the charts, my 1st copy was on a budget LP, however 2 weeks ago I got a US copy from Mick Smith, in all tScan_20170406.thumb.png.841e5ef873e188118a3e26ba09571acf.pnghe years this was the first US copy I've ever had, I hope you have got a flashback to 1974.   my copies KTF

• Helpful 1
Social source share

R Dean Taylor There's  A Ghost ..

I wonder who was actually responsible for first playing it out?

Like you Dave , my first memory is buying it on one of those strange MFP Motown LP's including

the Contours and Isley's. I do recall it being played to a packed dance floor at Wigan and despite

it's chart success  and hammering, I still think its a great Motown production.

Also worth a listen on those cheap MFP LP's is Kiki Dee's cracking version of "I'll Try Something New".

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 2
Social source share