Selling Records On Soul Source - Comments Please

Guest lolmil

Not sure if this is the right forum, please move if not.

Is it right when selling items on this site that you attach a link to a clip from another site?

i.e. items for sale, most with sound. Suely if someone is selling something then the soundfile should be from the actual record that is for sale (unedited) so that you can here exactly what you are buying.

Only a thought, any comments?

Lol

Edited by lolmil
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is it right when selling items on this site that you attach a link to a clip from another site?

i.e. items for sale, most with sound. Suely if someone is selling something then the soundfile should be from the actual record that is for sale (unedited) so that you can here exactly what you are buying.

Lol

when sound files from another site are used - its just so that you know what tune it is :thumbsup:

If you're like me, your memory is shocking, and a quick clip is whats needed to make sure that its DEFINATELY that one :thumbsup:

I'm sure if you wanted to make a major purchase you could make arrngements with the seller to have tune played down the phone, or have track emailed to you.

Social source share

Lol

And dont forget the unwriten soulsource rule number 1,you know,the one that says,50% discount for fellow sourcers. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lol

know what you're saying, but don't people who do use actual clips from the actual 45s flogging, usually point it out ?

interesting and timely point though as now can use the refosoul clipboard thing, to post clips in sales without any uploading

Social source share

Lol

I offer 100% money back if not happy with grading on anything I've sold. I've only ever made one error and had to give someone their money back.

As stated above I only use the sound clips on other sites so people can be sure it's the correct record.

I'd be more than happy to play anything down the phone to someone but it'd take ages to record onto cd, convert to mp3 and load on here if I had a number of things to sell

Edited by richard
Social source share

Lol

I offer 100% money back if not happy with grading on anything I've sold. I've only ever made one error and had to give someone their money back.

As stated above I only use the sound clips on other sites so people can be sure it's the correct record.

I'd be more than happy to play anything down the phone to someone but it'd take ages to record onto cd, convert to mp3 and load on here if I had a number of things to sell

Gotto` bakc you up on that,good service Richard :yes:

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Nov 3 2006, 10:27 AM) link

hi pete are these ok which one do you have only ask because i have heard that the software is a bit crappy do you use different software.

mark

It's fantastic mate, the software that came with it was faulty so it took me a while to get it set up but then when I cam to throw the box away I found the replacement software!!!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

know what you're saying, but don't people who do use actual clips from the actual 45s flogging, usually point it out ?

All the 45's put up for sale here by myself, have been recorded from the actual 45's. However, it should also be pointed out, you can enhance the sound of a record by using the cleaning function!! :tumbleweed3: Not used by myself, a little hiss if there is one adds to the record - sometimes.

Martin

Social source share

I only use clips directly from the records I'm selling - thats why I bought a usb deck :D

hi PETE

SHAME YOU WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF BUYING A USB DECK WHEN I JUST PLUGGED MY DIRECT DRIVE STRAIGHT INTO PC SOUND CARD AND USED THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED BY MICROSFT: START/ALLPROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/ENTERTAINMENT /

SOUND RECORDER :lol:

AS THEY SAY PETE "IF IT WORKS ,IT WORKS :thumbsup::lamsey::ohmy:

BUT YOU BEING THE BEST RECORD SELLER ON THE SOURCE AND HAVING THE BEST SALES PAGES WITH NICE PICCYS ETC

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :tumbleweed3:

ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MUCH BETTER RECORDING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS ON THE MARKET THAN MICRSOFT BUILT IN ONE IT WORKS FOR ME. I ALSO USE NERO TO CUT UNWANTED BITS FROM RECORDINGS.

NEV

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

hi PETE

SHAME YOU WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF BUYING A USB DECK WHEN I JUST PLUGGED MY DIRECT DRIVE STRAIGHT INTO PC SOUND CARD AND USED THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED BY MICROSFT: START/ALLPROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/ENTERTAINMENT /

SOUND RECORDER :thumbsup:

/quote]

No it's not a shame. My deck is f*cking great and pisses on your mickey mouse method :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!