Roburt

Favour For Lou Ragland (Al Serafini 45)

After Lou Ragland worked with Tom Baker (no, not Dr. Who) on his "I Travel Alone", Tom took Lou's songs and used them on tracks that were released as by veteran sax man Al Serafini. Lou has never heard the cuts and asked if anyone had the 45 and could forward mp3 copies to him.

If anyone has the 45 and can forward sound files to Lou, PM me and I'll pass along his contact details.    CHEERS  . . . 

LouRphonePic.jpg

AlSerafini45B.jpg

Neither of the videos plays . . .. is this a situation where they only play in the US but will not play if you're based in the UK (if so, I have 'location hiding' software on my other laptop).  

Just chatted with Lou and asked him to try playing the Youtube vids.

They played OK for him & this was the 1st time he had ever heard either "Hey Soul Man (I Travel Alone) or Lil Rosey (not Big Wheel, Lou says it's the 3rd track he cut at that studio session). So he's a happy man now (but not a Travelin Man).

A sample of "Lil Rosey" (Lou's track with his vocals removed and Al Serafini's sax added + a new melody developed by Tom Baker for the song) .....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lil-Rosey/dp/B005DXHUC0/ref=sr_1_12?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1490716310&sr=1-12&keywords=Al+Serafini

Lou listening to "Hey Soul Man" . . . 

LRphone2.jpg

Edited by Roburt

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.