The Dells

Jaco

Digging through some old LP's recently made me think are the Dells the greatest soul group ever?

In terms of longevity they are probably unsurpassed and I believe the line up is virtually unchanged since their early days.

"It's all up to you" is one of my all time tracks - simply flawless in my opinion.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Digging through some old LP's recently made me think are the Dells the greatest soul group ever?

In terms of longevity they are probably unsurpassed and I believe the line up is virtually unchanged since their early days.

"It's all up to you" is one of my all time tracks - simply flawless in my opinion.

Brilliant Tune sadly stuff like this not getting played due to too many DJs Playing Safe IMO

Steve :yes:

Social source share

one of my favourite dells tunes is "hallelujah baby"...

never seems to get plays..

couldn't be because its the flip of one of their biggest hits could it..?

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

are the Dells the greatest soul group ever?

...Unquestionably so.

Soul music just does not get any better than "Does Anbody Know I'm Here", "The Love We Had (Stays On My Mind)", "Please Don't Change Me Now" etc. I sometimes wish that those who just know the Dells tunes that have been played out down the years would dig a little deeper to find that "Make Sure" is not the alpha and omega of the Dells - but if they only know the dancers, they are blessed nonetheless...

TONE :yes:

Social source share

=============

Saw them at Trentham Gardens, and they were rather good :lol:

Social source share

=============

Saw them at Trentham Gardens, and they were rather good :lol:

I was there as well they were very good.Otis leavel on as well.Shame it was very poorly attended though.

Stay in my corner has to rank as a bench mark record fantastic.

Social source share

Guest kofi333

I was there as well they were very good.Otis leavel on as well.Shame it was very poorly attended though.

yea i think that song seems their best song.very nice but my favourite is love is so simple.

Social source share

=============

Huge venue, everybody seemed to leave once the Dells had been on :D I've got a vague recollection of the fire alarm going off in the morning, with about an hour to go, which kind of signalled the end of the night. It happened at Stoke as well, so I could be getting mixed up?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!