Jimmy Thomas : The Beautiful Night.

Ik001

Jimmy Thomas : The Beautiful Night. U.K. Parlophone.

Still after this one. Condition not so important.

Richard Searling once described this one as " a junk shoppers record" so surely there must be a spare but well used playable copy out there (hopefully?).

Many thanks,

In Anticipation,

Ian

Edited by ik001
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Just now, sammy seaman said:

but is it for sale ?

sammy

I think it is Sammy but I've offered him £350 but not enough. I've never seen an issue before. I think he said he was going to sell sometime in the near future? so I suppose he posted to create a bit of interest? I'm just after a playable copy. Old School Northern this one not everyone's taste but I love it, especially the intro. The late Tony Banks booted this but it is an awful reproduction without the intro.  Actually saw Jimmy Thomas performing this at the Calla-gran at Fleetwood many years ago.

Social source share

13 minutes ago, ik001 said:

I think it is Sammy but I've offered him £350 but not enough. I've never seen an issue before. I think he said he was going to sell sometime in the near future? so I suppose he posted to create a bit of interest? I'm just after a playable copy. Old School Northern this one not everyone's taste but I love it, especially the intro. The late Tony Banks booted this but it is an awful reproduction without the intro.  Actually saw Jimmy Thomas performing this at the Calla-gran at Fleetwood many years ago.

old torch sound I love it as well should be interesting if and when he puts it up

sammy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, sheep said:

I have a stock copy, so that's 4.

So there could be hundreds? Think you should off-load it before the price drops LOL.

I've been after this for a long time and as someone once commented on a Soul programme "the chase/hunt for a particular record is more exciting than the end purchase" which is some respects I tend to agree with.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

when you look at the condition and take in how rare it is ...i,d expect it to go for 500 to 600 uk pds . 

Well I hope it does Stanley but I'm sure when I was taking to someone else about it they did mention £700, but at the end of the day you have to find someone to splash out that amount and I'm afraid "I'm Out" LOL, but good luck!

• Helpful 1
Social source share