Playlist: Beachtend Ballroom in Cleveland, Sunday, March 19th

Nice variety which is nice to see, well done great set, the beauty of posting playlists is it allows potential punters to make informed decisions on whether or not to attend an event, which is surely the best way to advertise rather than get all your mates to bump up threads, sorry for digressing, great variety to the set, once again well done, cheers dekka

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Nice to see 'The Spoiler' played. Don't think I have ever heard it played. Also 'Standing in the darkness' which I equate to being the fist Philly track just preceding Back stabbers etc. Thom bell must have thought what the hell happened there?

Social source share

On 3/29/2017 at 00:40, dekka said:

Try flipping the Dean Parish mate, deffo one of my favourite tunes and one I play out regularly

speaking of flipping records... flip that Jeff Dale (where did i go) and spin "come to me girl"... a super powerful mid tempo swayer!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 3/30/2017 at 16:25, BrianB said:

I bet 7 rooms of gloom sounds brilliant at a venue.

The main reason I play that and Shotgun and The Horse is that this crowd is pretty much a dining crowd. They don't know jack about Northern soul, so I throw in a few familiar pieces/artists to make it a little more palatable for them. It is nice when you get someone who shows up who knows what you're spinning (Hi, Grahame!).

Best,

Mark

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 3/28/2017 at 23:03, Stubbsy said:

Bloody hell Mark, that's one hell of a playlist. How long were you on for? You sure you haven't listed your record collection by mistake? :D

All of the DJ's who work the brunch do it for the full five hours, which is 10 AM to 3 PM (there are other DJ's who entertain the crowd each week, playing all different sorts of music...this is, after all, by and large an alternative music club). When I was first approached to DJ back in 2009, I was advised to bring about 100 records with me, which is what I always do. I swap out a lot of stuff from the box before every gig I do, just so different things can get spun...I have a lot more than what is in the box.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!