Songs for a funeral

Andi

In  a "Look in your box" topic, BBRICH said of THE MARVELLOS Something's Burnin' 

"Told my wife i want this one for my funeral (not actually one of my favourites) but would be appropriate when the curtains draw and coffin starts to make its way to the incinerator......"

My mate Steve "Cardboard" Eaton had Prince Buster's version of "Enjoy yourself" at his.

So I wondered what other suggestions people had for a funeral ...

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Diana ross !!!someday we'll be together and joe walker !!! This is my last goodbye :wicked:my missus told me she gonna dance when the curtains close :ohmy:not sure if its for love or thank f... xx:D :lol: sure its the love :yes: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

Don't you mean "I'm on my way to a better place"?

This is certainly a popular choice according to the YouTube comments, depending on any other offerings, it may be my pick. Not that I'm planning anything soon.

Social source share

8 hours ago, Andi said:

This is certainly a popular choice according to the YouTube comments, depending on any other offerings, it may be my pick. Not that I'm planning anything soon.

Of course it all depends on the faith of the deceased, I plan to be pegged out on a rock for the birds to feed on, that way they might just shit on someone that shat on me in the past, if not, who really cares?

Social source share

6 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

A popular subject for discussion! There's a looong thread on funeral songs via the link below and which is a good read:

There's also a shorter thread from 2010, and I'm pretty sure a couple of others from before then. 

Is there one for Weddings?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!