Guest uroffal

i was on soul source today laughing at some of the topic replies

she came into my "office" to see what the fuss was about

not in the least bit interested really she read a few replies

her opinion was"northern soul is like a youth club for the over 40,s"

then she went back to what she was doing

just wondered if anyone else got same type of opinions from g/fs or wifes

moldie

The one and only 'event' that I ever took my partner to (some 16 odd years ago) she described as "Some sort of cult, where everyone looks brainwashed." :tumbleweed3:

And yes, she does think that this forum is a bunch of old saddos talking about the 'old days' and ancient record matrix numbers.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Helen thinks we're on some sort of offshoot of 'Friends Reunited' type trip here. Little does she know how much we all hate each other! :tumbleweed3::thumbsup::lamsey:

..."Oh well, at least it keeps you from spending time and money on eBay" she says. I haven't got the heart to tell her how much the SS "Sales and Wants" section has cost me just this week, let alone since I've joined...

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

Helen thinks we're on some sort of offshoot of 'Friends Reunited' type trip here. Little does she know how much we all hate each other! :tumbleweed3::thumbsup::lamsey:

..."Oh well, at least it keeps you from spending time and money on eBay" she says. I haven't got the heart to tell her how much the SS "Sales and Wants" section has cost me just this week, let alone since I've joined...

TONE :ohmy:

has helen never been to lightwater with you tony?

moldie

Social source share

carol used to come with me all over the place but couldnt understand the way i looked at records with such a loving eye...holding then like i used to hold her lololol

she still joins me occasionally but really took the piss one night when me and a few mates had our baggies and vests on for a laugh

dont think shes ever seen me in the same light since

moldie

ps..would never stop me enjoying my first love :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

moldie

==============

My son thinks we're the real 'cocoon', and my daughter after meeting some of my friends, thought we were all very strange. A couple of my sisters thought we were very 'formation dance troupe' when we were all 'cutting a rug'. Does the outside world really percieve us like this? :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

==============

My son thinks we're the real 'cocoon', and my daughter after meeting some of my friends, thought we were all very strange. A couple of my sisters thought we were very 'formation dance troupe' when we were all 'cutting a rug'. Does the outside world really percieve us like this? :tumbleweed3:

my brothers son who is 11 thinks we are so sad...the music is dull...and laughs at all the pics or videos i show him of nights out etc

i remember that one night whilst at morden which i promoted with dave rivers a group of about 8 non soulies came upstairs to the venue and looked around

they had paid there entrance fee of a fiver but then wanted to get there money back as they thought theu had entered a gay club as all the dancers on the floor were male

some people just dont get it do they

moldie

Social source share

==============

My son thinks we're the real 'cocoon', and my daughter after meeting some of my friends, thought we were all very strange. A couple of my sisters thought we were very 'formation dance troupe' when we were all 'cutting a rug'. Does the outside world really percieve us like this? :thumbsup:

Didn't you introduce me to your daughter at your 50th..... :lamsey:

Everytime I read anything out from here, Dean asks if we ever talk about northern..... :tumbleweed3:

He also refers to everyone on here as my virtual friends.... :ohmy:

Social source share

my brothers son who is 11 thinks we are so sad...the music is dull...and laughs at all the pics or videos i show him of nights out etc

i remember that one night whilst at morden which i promoted with dave rivers a group of about 8 non soulies came upstairs to the venue and looked around

they had paid there entrance fee of a fiver but then wanted to get there money back as they thought theu had entered a gay club as all the dancers on the floor were male

some people just dont get it do they

moldie

==============

Indicative of the inability to attract youngsters onto the scene. Think its time we had something like "Pro evolution northern soul 2006", now if someone can just convince Nintendo or X box :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Didn't you introduce me to your daughter at your 50th..... :lamsey:

Everytime I read anything out from here, Dean asks if we ever talk about northern..... :tumbleweed3:

He also refers to everyone on here as my virtual friends.... :ohmy:

================

And the die was cast............... :D

Think she found us at our strangest a couple of times I bought friends back after nighters and she was there. Incessant babble I think she said :thumbsup:

Social source share

Because I listen to our music at home mostley via The Soul Club Jukebox, The Gary Glitter fan and the kids have started to say "he's on the sadclub jukebox again"!!!!!!! :angry:

Sod em!!!!

I wouldn't want to be a member of anything that they were members of anyway. :tumbleweed3:

KTF

Drew.

Social source share

moldie

Can say only this: my missus has "NORTHERN SOUL IS A RELIGION" tattoed on her decollete... I'm not kidding...

Roccia

Social source share

Can say only this: my missus has "NORTHERN SOUL IS A RELIGION" tattoed on her decollete... I'm not kidding...

Roccia

bloody hell she must have a large decolette. :tumbleweed3: ...errr what is it anyway?

Social source share

moldie

Hi Moldie I'm 54 my wife is 42.....her fave tune is "lost" figure that one :lol::P ATB Steve
Social source share

Hi Moldie I'm 54 my wife is 42.....her fave tune is "lost" figure that one :lol::P ATB Steve

im 43 mrs is 57

steve is that the great darlettes tune?

really nice track

moldie

Social source share

bloody hell she must have a large decolette. :D ...errr what is it anyway?

do you really not know what a decolette is? :P

its the chest area....

I'm a wife and I don't think I'm strange for coming on here and looking at pictures of old, plump, badly dressed, wide-eyed, sweaty, bald people :lol: It gets a bit embarrassing when my kids ask if I'm looking at pictures of my boyfriends though :P

Social source share

its the chest area....

I'm a wife and I don't think I'm strange for coming on here and looking at pictures of old, plump, badly dressed, wide-eyed, sweaty, bald people :lol: It gets a bit embarrassing when my kids ask if I'm looking at pictures of my boyfriends though :lol:

:Dkinnell kirsty how spooky is this my other half described a northern night as being a night for "old, fat, badly dressed, sweaty bald blokes" a few themes running there so i was going to take some pictures of a northern night to prove her wrong but.... :P

Social source share

no ive never heard the word...is it a commonly used one then?

its the chest area....

I'm a wife and I don't think I'm strange for coming on here and looking at pictures of old, plump, badly dressed, wide-eyed, sweaty, bald people :lol:

and thats just the women.. :D

Mrs Bicknell can be at her most dangerous when our monthly bank statement arrives, debits to x,y,z record dealers can often be very difficult to explain with a lump of steak over a black eye or worse...lol

Mark Bicknell.

the amount you spend im surprised you can afford steak :P

Social source share

the amount you spend im surprised you can afford steak :lol:

Ok Mince then...lol and they all cost a fiver.....well that's the old chestnut used often resulting in a second black eye...lol oh and the last three records i bought were £30.00, £75.00 and £60.00 so not a huge amount as i don't really go crazy these days....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Mrs Bicknell can be at her most dangerous when our monthly bank statement arrives, debits to x,y,z record dealers can often be very difficult to explain with a lump of steak over a black eye or worse...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Seperate bank accounts Mark..............really, you should have this sussed by now :lol: .

Say, hi to Jackie for me mate.

Russ

Social source share

:Pkinnell kirsty how spooky is this my other half described a northern night as being a night for "old, fat, badly dressed, sweaty bald blokes" a few themes running there so i was going to take some pictures of a northern night to prove her wrong but.... :lol:

Some friends used to drop their teenage kids off at a Raves on thier way to Allnighters, the kids would refer to the Allnighters as geriatric raves :P:D:lol: .

Russ

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i wish i had a girlfriend then i could turn her into a soulie if not one already.

My dad would say me missues not care that he is off but jokes at times i could sell some of your stuff like Jimmy Ruffin LP - jimmy ruffin way and the sam cooke - sugar dumpling and your mad paying that price for a record

my words is but it's an obsession of Northern soul

Social source share

I took my 16 year old daughter to the recent EASC City Club bash last night over Dinner the Mrs asked her if she'd enjoyed her night out with Dad.

LUCY "IT WAS FANTASTIC MUM!!!!"

ME... :lol:

MUM.... "what did you like about it Lucy?"

LUCY..."Ive never laughed so much since I watched the Peter Kay dvd earlier this year, it was like going to Grans Old Peoples Home Chimbo Party but with the music the blokes do Rollie Pollies and occasionly for no apparent reason would just fall backwards onto the dance floor, one bloke near where the DJ's were would step around and then decide he'd be a kids spinning top for 5 secs, have a step around and then have another go this time in an opposite direction.

After every record those dancing applaud, those sitting didn't, the worse the record the louder they clap, there must have been a sizebale party there who were forced into wearing what looked liked the dresscode from a Peruvian River Tribe they all had baggie trousers and skirts on, Dad for the first time ever looked the most normal person there, at one point I listend too two blokes have a 10 minute conversation about talcum powder ohmy.gif on the dance floor, I'm now 100% convinced that dads mates are completley 100% doo wally tappo"

ME... blush.gif

MUM...Told ya it was garbage, so I take it you won't be going to The Velvelettes night?

LUCY....you must be kidding I wouldn't miss it for the world, this time though I'll take TWO pairs of knickers with mem everywhere you look there are harmless nutters.

kids don't ya love em?

Social source share

I took my 16 year old daughter to the recent EASC City Club bash last night over Dinner the Mrs asked her if she'd enjoyed her night out with Dad.

LUCY "IT WAS FANTASTIC MUM!!!!"

ME... :lol:

MUM.... "what did you like about it Lucy?"

LUCY..."Ive never laughed so much since I watched the Peter Kay dvd earlier this year, it was like going to Grans Old Peoples Home Chimbo Party but with the music the blokes do Rollie Pollies and occasionly for no apparent reason would just fall backwards onto the dance floor, one bloke near where the DJ's were would step around and then decide he'd be a kids spinning top for 5 secs, have a step around and then have another go this time in an opposite direction.

After every record those dancing applaud, those sitting didn't, the worse the record the louder they clap, there must have been a sizebale party there who were forced into wearing what looked liked the dresscode from a Peruvian River Tribe they all had baggie trousers and skirts on, Dad for the first time ever looked the most normal person there, at one point I listend too two blokes have a 10 minute conversation about talcum powder ohmy.gif on the dance floor, I'm now 100% convinced that dads mates are completley 100% doo wally tappo"

ME... blush.gif

MUM...Told ya it was garbage, so I take it you won't be going to The Velvelettes night?

LUCY....you must be kidding I wouldn't miss it for the world, this time though I'll take TWO pairs of knickers with mem everywhere you look there are harmless nutters.

kids don't ya love em?

the sad thing is that's exactly how I see it too laugh.gif:D:)

Social source share

moldie

I think she might be right laugh.gif

The one and only 'event' that I ever took my partner to (some 16 odd years ago) she described as "Some sort of cult, where everyone looks brainwashed." :lol:

And yes, she does think that this forum is a bunch of old saddos talking about the 'old days' and ancient record matrix numbers.

laugh.gif

Lesley used to say it was toys for boys.

. . wot about the girls?

Social source share

Love all the comments about what people think of us lot! Cheered up right up today! thumbsup.gif

But then Im not bald with belly!!

My son is getting into the music - which is great - hoping I can persuade him soon to come to a do!

I took my daughter to couple of places, few years ago, she didnt like the music and found it bit strange! If I went to an 'normal' thing with her - her words - she would tell me not to show her up by dancing ! :lol:

Then we went somewhere where the girls and guys were showing off, of course half my age! She must have got annoyed as she said ' mum get up and dance - show them how to do it!' - nicest thing she has ever said to me!!! yes.gif

Social source share

The one and only 'event' that I ever took my partner to (some 16 odd years ago) she described as "Some sort of cult, where everyone looks brainwashed." laugh.gif

My wife is Australian and a few years younger than me, i used to drag her to the soul nights when i dj,ed. one night i was playing i looked around the room and didn,t see her for at least an hour.I finished feeling slightly worried and got a girl to check the ladies and

she was asleep on the toilet...bored shitless was her response. I go on my own now. she also couldn,t understand why we all shuffle around the dancefloor and don,t lift up our feet!

The best was that it reminded her of a gay night, "all these blokes dancing on their own"

she also questions why all the songs have "Baby" or "love" in the lyrics.

guess i will not convert her :-(

pete m

Social source share

Guest uroffal

she was asleep on the toilet...bored shitless was her response. I go on my own now. she also couldn,t understand why we all shuffle around the dancefloor and don,t lift up our feet!

The best was that it reminded her of a gay night, "all these blokes dancing on their own"

she also questions why all the songs have "Baby" or "love" in the lyrics.

guess i will not convert her :-(

pete m

:yes: pretty sure I remember my other half also saying that, " ... they'e all misfits, people who don't fit in anywhere else." Well, I've been to some of these "anywhere else" places and I'm glad I don't fit in!

She tends to call the dancing "square dancing" too!

Recently, however, as I currently have Stanley Mitchell's Quit Twisting My Arm as a text message alert on the phone, she has started to sing along with it.

She's probably taking the p*ss though ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest uroffal

She tends to call the dancing "square dancing" too!

She also does this ridiculous p*ss take dance that involves her dancing round like the Asian woman in Goodness Gracious Me clapping her hands together ranting_1.gif

I want a divorce :yes:

Social source share

Some friends used to drop their teenage kids off at a Raves on thier way to Allnighters, the kids would refer to the Allnighters as geriatric raves :D:(:( .

Russ

I think of Northern Soul as a passport to eternal youth. thumbsup.gif My mate who I took to a (albeit, bad) soul do likened it more to Pheonix Nights! :yes:

Social source share

This is my seven year old who I caught dancing! Took it with my phone (not very good quality but you get the drift...) He was also playing the playstation at the same time.

As soon as he can drink bitter Im gonna take him. :thumbsup: My 17 year old says my music is sh*te but sings along to them!

Social source share

my missus kept asking me to play "that" dusty springfield record, i played everything i had by dusty, but she said no thats not it, a few weeks later i put on a compilation and out of the speakers came the inticers since you left, my missus almost leapt out of the chair and said "this is it, did it get in the charts" huh.gif

Social source share

Guest just mo

This is my seven year old who I caught dancing! Took it with my phone (not very good quality but you get the drift...) He was also playing the playstation at the same time.

Untitled.WMV

As soon as he can drink bitter Im gonna take him. :D My 17 year old says my music is sh*te but sings along to them!

My 17year old daughter says my music makes her eyes burn! Knows the words to quite few too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!