Dezilles (devilles) On Rina Ronnie Mcneir

Guest lotusland

Guest lotusland

can anyone tell me anything about this mysterious release?

"one more time we face each other" / "somethings gotta be wrong with my baby"

the Dezilles (with a penciled in 'V' over the 'Z', so probably the Devilles w/ a lbl printing error) on RINA, 1970. is this a Ronnie Mcneir 45?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest lotusland

can anyone tell me anything about this mysterious release?

"one more time we face each other" / "somethings gotta be wrong with my baby"

the Dezilles (with a penciled in 'V' over the 'Z', so probably the Devilles w/ a lbl printing error) on RINA, 1970. is this a Ronnie Mcneir 45?

nobody? anyone seen this before?

Social source share

• 11 months later...
Guest deepgroove

nobody? anyone seen this before?

I just found your question, which is apparently the only reference to this record on the internet. I obtained my stock copy through the purchase of a collection from a lady who grew up in the Pontiac, Michigan area. One side has the vocal version of "One More Time We Face Each Other," the other has the same tune but without the vocal. I communicated with Ronnie's publicist who asked him about it, who replied that Ronnie remembers the tune and said it was his second record. I've asked some further questions but the communication is a slow process.

post-9569-1193314779_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I just found your question, which is apparently the only reference to this record on the internet. I obtained my stock copy through the purchase of a collection from a lady who grew up in the Pontiac, Michigan area. One side has the vocal version of "One More Time We Face Each Other," the other has the same tune but without the vocal. I communicated with Ronnie's publicist who asked him about it, who replied that Ronnie remembers the tune and said it was his second record. I've asked some further questions but the communication is a slow process.

The one that you have (which is a vocal / inst) is a totally different take and much rarer than the one that lotusland found (which is already rare). The one lotusland found has a better side though ("something's got to be wrong with my baby"). It sounds like both sides were recorded in a basement. The one you got is of better recording quality.

Also, on all the copies I've seen of the one with both sides, the artist name is the "Dezilles" and on most copies the Z is crossed out and changed to a V. It's correct on your press.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert