San Remos Festival Time WDJ ONLY

Edwin Starr Headline News WDJ ONLY

Eddie Parker Love you baby ASHFORD

MUST BE MINTISH ORIGINALS. No scuffs or scratches

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Reflections Just like Romeo and Juliet GW

I'm not sure if I got this or "Adam & Eve"... I'll have a look this evening, and in case PM you tomorrow...

Ciao

Roccia

Social source share

I'm not sure if I got this or "Adam & Eve"... I'll have a look this evening, and in case PM you tomorrow...

Ciao

Roccia

Definitely "Romeo & Juliet" on Golden World... I think its a cheapo, is it...?

Social source share

That Bessie Banks record is one of the most overrated soul records of all time...awful vocal...the Moody Blues version is miles better. yes I am being serious!

really Pete ? i'm suprised..i still think it's great but memories attached. Still at least we agree on Bowie & Ska. Never liked THe Moody Blues (ok jist a bit) can't see how it's better though ..it's a different take on it but can't agree that Bessies'vocal is AWful ? Souness taken over yet? :thumbsup:
Social source share

Pete,you keep hijacking my thread!!

Firstly the Reflections is "singalongly" but that's the type of guy I am. Happy-go-lucky, first up at the Karoake, and with a warm word of encouragement for anyone I meet. Just ask anyone with the misfortune to know me.

Secondly the Bessie Banks is for a friend and not my personal cuppa tea but to suggest that the Moody Blues is better just shows how musical appreciation deteriorates the nearer you get to London.

Roccia Im hoping the GW 45 is gonna be cheap [£5-10] but I really want a Mint unplayed almost copy. Postage from Italy is really gonna add on to the price so I'd prefer to get a copy from over here. Besides I have a downer on Italy. Last time my dad was over there he got shot in the leg. It was 1944 though. Thank you anyway.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Pete,you keep hijacking my thread!!

Firstly the Reflections is "singalongly" but that's the type of guy I am. Happy-go-lucky, first up at the Karoake, and with a warm word of encouragement for anyone I meet. Just ask anyone with the misfortune to know me.

Secondly the Bessie Banks is for a friend and not my personal cuppa tea but to suggest that the Moody Blues is better just shows how musical appreciation deteriorates the nearer you get to London.

Roccia Im hoping the GW 45 is gonna be cheap [£5-10] but I really want a Mint unplayed almost copy. Postage from Italy is really gonna add on to the price so I'd prefer to get a copy from over here. Besides I have a downer on Italy. Last time my dad was over there he got shot in the leg. It was 1944 though. Thank you anyway.

ROD

Rod,

I wouldn't ask you any money for that record, was thinking to a trade or something... Anyway if you can't get it in the Old Blighty, PM me, ok...? Before reading it was 1944, I tought your dad has been involved in a shooting whilst he was on holiday over here... Some southern Italy cities are more dangerous than warzones...

Ciao

Roccia

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Roccia, that is English humour but Im not very good at it!!

He was at Anzio and he did get shot in the leg. He ended the war as a guard for Italian POWs and told me he had some kinda scam going on with them selling blackmarket tyres. He was very pleased with himself at the Italian he picked up whilst he was there but most of it seemed to be along the lines of

"Where are the women"

"Where is the wine"

On the odd occasion when I've been with him and we bumped into any Italian in the UK he'd love to use his phrases he'd picked up. It must have been very odd for them to be engaged in conversation by my dad cos Im sure they must have realised by then that the Germans had been defeated!!

He really liked Italy and the people and went back a couple of times to visit the war graves and probably to make sure that there were no "bambinos" knocking about who looked like him!!

ROD

Social source share

Roccia, that is English humour but Im not very good at it!!

He was at Anzio and he did get shot in the leg. He ended the war as a guard for Italian POWs and told me he had some kinda scam going on with them selling blackmarket tyres. He was very pleased with himself at the Italian he picked up whilst he was there but most of it seemed to be along the lines of

"Where are the women"

"Where is the wine"

On the odd occasion when I've been with him and we bumped into any Italian in the UK he'd love to use his phrases he'd picked up. It must have been very odd for them to be engaged in conversation by my dad cos Im sure they must have realised by then that the Germans had been defeated!!

He really liked Italy and the people and went back a couple of times to visit the war graves and probably to make sure that there were no "bambinos" knocking about who looked like him!!

ROD

Brilliant story Rod...! Ok, if you PM me your address I'll send you my Reflections for free. I'll pay for p+p as well. Not joking...

Roccia

Social source share

No you won't. If I don't pick one up I'll be in touch but that was very kind of you to offer.

ROD

Rod, if I meet you in a pub, and you tell me the story of your dad shot in the leg on the Anzio front in 1944, I would buy you a couple of pints for sure... I love hearing old war stories. We're living too far to have a drink together, so I wish to make you a little present. That Reflections costs like a couple of rounds of lager, so...

Ciao

Roccia

Social source share

Hi Miff, I looked at Gemm and found one Mintish copy for $20 but I'd have to register and for this 45 didn't seem worth it. Gotta be loads over here. I must get onto Gemm at some stage but I spend enough time on Ebay.

The link was not "Romeo and Juliet" but thanks anyway.

Hi Roccia, if you enjoyed that story and really need to make me a gift then put a couple of lira in some Children's charity.

ROD

Social source share