Anyone Want To Swap A Cd Of Lp Tracks?

Not sure this is on the right forum, please move if not.

Is there anyone out there wanting to swap a CD of LP tracks, dont have to be rare or obscure just quality 60s and 70s LP tracks....I can offer the same in return......all i ask is that the track listing contains the title of the LP each track is taken from.

Great way to hear new tunes....

Get back to me if you are interested....

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

• Replies 181
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is there anyone out there wanting to swap a CD of LP tracks, dont have to be rare or obscure just quality 60s and 70s LP tracks....I can offer the same in return......all i ask is that the track listing contains the title of the LP each track is taken from.

Cheers, Chris

Great idea. I need a kick up the backside to sort through my LPs and figure out how my CDR works! So it could take a week or so.

PM me with your address Chris and I'll get to it.

Regards Alan Darker

Social source share

Cheers, Chris

Would be up for that,

pm your address and will pop one in the post.

your probaly known them all anyway.

Cheers

Andy Mann :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers, Chris

Count me in Chris!

PM me your address and I'll send you my LP only compilation of 60's & 70's Soul!

Meanwhile... sincere apologies to the 2-3 people I promised to send a CD to this year. I am one slack so & so and they've been in my car CD system all Summer... but now it feels like Winter outside... time for a change... so I'll pop 'em in the post.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Cheers for the response guys....should we make it some sort of club where we all get a copy of each others CD....once you have done one it seems a shame to only get one in return, might as well copy it 10 times and get 10 back!

Hope you see what i mean...?

I dont care if i get one with stuff i know on, its all part of the fun.....sure mine will have loads of stuff people know on too....

Chris

ps, I guess maybe the best thing to do is to give it a deadline, say 8.00pm Sunday night, them PM each other with our adresses....would that work? Is there an easier way?

Social source share

Cheers for the response guys....should we make it some sort of club where we all get a copy of each others CD....once you have done one it seems a shame to only get one in return, might as well copy it 10 times and get 10 back!

Chris

ps, I guess maybe the best thing to do is to give it a deadline, say 8.00pm Sunday night, them PM each other with our adresses....would that work? Is there an easier way?

Usually, the co-ordinating person * (you) sets a cut off for numbers (10?) and participation time (sunday 8pm?) then eveyone involved PMs thier address to * who then PMs all the addressess to those involved, who then mail a CD. (About 60 -70% come up with the goods.)

Social source share

Ok Simon, if thats how it is done thats fine....

so, the limit will be 15....the cut-off time will be 8.00 Sunday 5th November, please PM me your address...first 15 are included and i will PM all addresses out to all 15 participents.

Hope i can manage that......sounds complicated already!

In so far;

Sean

Tony

TSU

Drew

Emjaygee

Alan

Chris

Just 8 more needed....

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Ok Simon, if thats how it is done thats fine....

so, the limit will be 15....the cut-off time will be 8.00 Sunday 5th November, please PM me your address...first 15 are included and i will PM all addresses out to all 15 participents.

Hope i can manage that......sounds complicated already!

In so far;

Sean

Tony

TSU

Drew

Emjaygee

Alan

Chris

Just 8 more needed....

Cheers, Chris

CD about 28 tracks and I've got about that many LP's but I'll give it a go, count me in.

Social source share

Cheers, Chris

If it's not too late, count me in for this Chris.

Social source share

I'd love to join in as well , give me a week to compile the tracks .Great idea Chris ,albums are so under rated , should be really interesting .Best ,Eddie

The LP track Maestro Mr Hubbard is on board guys so the quality will need to be extremely high.

Nice one Eddie, hope you are well.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

These are a few that I will probably use:

Lou Rawls-One Day Soon You'll Need Me

Anacostia-Words Spoken Softly At Midnight

James Brown-So Long

Family Brown-Listen

O'Bryan-It's Over

David Simmons-Taxi Greyhound Station

Solar Heat-Riding High On The Future

Joe Simon-Love Look At Us Now

Chuck Jackson-No Tricks

Chapter 8-Don't You Think It's Time

Dazz band-What Will I Do Without You

William Bell-Smiling Ain't Gonna Be Easy

Platters-Surrender Your Love

Cissy Houston-Love Don't Hurt People

Masqueraders-Be For real

Gregg Diamond-Bring Back Your Love

Esther Williams-Searching For Somebody Else

Would these tracks be acceptable for everybody?

TT

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

These are a few that I will probably use:

Lou Rawls-One Day Soon You'll Need Me

Anacostia-Words Spoken Softly At Midnight

James Brown-So Long

Family Brown-Listen

O'Bryan-It's Over

David Simmons-Taxi Greyhound Station

Solar Heat-Riding High On The Future

Joe Simon-Love Look At Us Now

Chuck Jackson-No Tricks

Chapter 8-Don't You Think It's Time

Dazz band-What Will I Do Without You

William Bell-Smiling Ain't Gonna Be Easy

Platters-Surrender Your Love

Cissy Houston-Love Don't Hurt People

Masqueraders-Be For real

Gregg Diamond-Bring Back Your Love

Esther Williams-Searching For Somebody Else

Would these tracks be acceptable for everybody?

TT

Wonderful! :D

I am definitely up for this though would take a couple of weeks as have just managed to sort LP's and may be having problems with my sound card,

Would it be 60's or later tracks? I could do either. (Do Charly comps count :yes::D )

Cheers

Jock

I don't mind wither way! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ok Guys, looks like this is gonna be a good one, the list so far is,

Tony

Sean

Maverick

Jock

Alan Pollard

Nick

Rich

Roger

Okeh Gaz

Eddie

TSU

Drew

Emjaygee

Alan Darker

Chris

Simon T

I make that 16 in total , please PM me your adresses guys and i`ll send them out as soon as i figure out a quick way to do it! It looks like its gonna take a couple of weeks for most of us to get them done so thats fine.....

Still room for another 4, any takers.......?

Tony, those tracks look interesting....cant wait to hear some of that stuff.

Jock, 60s or 70s mate, whatever you want to include.....no rules, just good stuff.....

Please dont forget to include the name of the Lp each track is taken from.

Chris

Social source share

OK, Still need some addresses, I have the following:

Chris

Roger

Garath

Tony

Alan Darker

Mark George

Stacia

Adrian

Simon

Neil

Alan Pollard

Get them to me asap guys and we can get this thing moving!

Chris.

ps, still 3 vacancies by my calculation......

Hi There, if there is still room can I be included in the cd swap please. Fraser Dunn. Album only tracks sounds great guys.

fdsoul6345789@aol.com

Social source share

At the moment i have the following addresses;

Chris Anderton

Tony Turner

Alan Pollard

Neil Forbes

Simon Twiddy

Adrian Talley

Stacia Castellano

Mark George

Alan Darker

Roger Williams

Gareth Donovan

Andy Mann

Chris Morgan

Eddie Hibbard

Jerry Walsh

Nick Hackett

Fraser Dunn

17 in total.....

Still waiting for Sean hampsey and Jock.....and maybe one or 2 others. I want to get this wrapped up tonight if we can......please send me your adress as soon as poss.....

Cheers, Chris.

Social source share

Thats it guys...this is now closed......Just made it Sean......I`ll be PM`ing you the addresses tonight or maybe tomorrow....the list is as above, plus Sean, Rich Scott, Jock and Sean Hampsey....

Ok, a re-cap on the rules, I think there may be 21 of us now...so 20 CDs each.....

60s/70s/80s LP tracks only, and you must give the title track and the title of the LP too...thats it really, hope you all enjoy the CDs....I`m looking forward to hearing some great stuff....

Cheers, Chris.

Sean

Social source share

OK, I`ve just PM`d you 2 new addresses, sorry for the messing about but had to let two stragglers in at the end! I think its 22 or maybe 23 Cds each now.....

Again sorry for additional members but its more music for us all!

This CD swap in now definatly closed.

Just a reminder to include the name of the Lp each track is taken from.

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Hi everyone,

Have sent out my cds yesterday so should be getting them today or pretty soon, looking forward to getting some in return, hope we don't have to do a name and shame list :lol:

Enjoy

Andy :huh:

Social source share

Hi everyone,

Have sent out my cds yesterday so should be getting them today or pretty soon, looking forward to getting some in return, hope we don't have to do a name and shame list :lol:

Enjoy

Andy :huh:

Just finished getting the tracks recorded & gonna make a start on recording tonite.....its the first CD i've made so i'm all excited :lol: looking forward to your selection Andy....

Chars Girth

Social source share

Got Andy's and Eddy's today. :huh:

Think what I'll do is wait until I get everyone's, then take a track off each and make up my comp that way and see if anyone notices!! :lol:

Social source share

Got Andy's and Eddy's today. :thumbsup:

I got Andy & Eddies to this morning. Made me late for work. Had to pull up in the layby on the way in. Great stuff fellas!.

I finished mine yesterday but not got round to doing the dupes yet.

For those who've not yet started (and to avoid duplication) here's what's on mine:-

1. Johnnie Taylor "Will You Love Me Forever" - Stax - From the LP "One Step Beyond"
  2. William Bell "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" - Stax - From The LP "Wow"
  3. Darrell Banks "Forgive Me" - Stax - From The LP "Here To Stay"
  4. Stairsteps "I'm The One Who Loves You" - Buddah - From The LP "Stay Close To Me"
  5. O'Jays "It's Too Strong" - Neptune - From The LP "The O'Jays In Philadelphia"
  6. David Ruffin "What You Gave Me" - Tamla Motown - From The LP "Feelin' Good"
  7. Johnny Sayles "Feeling Is Believing" - Dakar - From The LP "Man On The Inside"
  8. Three Degrees "Lonely Town" - Roulette - From The LP "Maybe"
  9. Nina Simone "Take Care Of Business" - Philips - From The LP "I Put A Spell On You"
  10. Kiki Dee "I Dig You Baby" - Philips - From the LP "Patterns"
  11. Percy Sledge "So Much Love" - Atlantic - From The LP "Warm And Tender Soul"
  12. Aaron Neville "How Many Times" - Minit - From the LP "Like It Is"
  13. Spellbinders "Baby I Miss You" - Columbia - From The LP "Magic Of The Spellbinders"
  14. Al Greene "Stop And Check Myself" - Action - From the LP "Back Up Train"
  15. Phil Flowers "Another Sleepless Night" - Dot - From The LP "Our Man In Washington"
  16. Freddie Scott "Don't Let Me Fall" - Probe - From the LP "I Shall Be Released"
  17. Willie Tee "Bring On The Heartaches" - Capitol - From the LP "I'm Only A Man"
  18. Gregg Jackson "One For The Road" - KYP - From The LP "One For The Road"
  19. RJ's Latest Arrival "Made Up Mind" - Ariola - From The LP RJ's Latest Arrival
  20. Enchantment "I'm Who You Found Not Who You Lost" - RCA - From The LP "Soft Lights, Sweet Music"
  21. Little Anthony "Love Was Born for Me" - Song Bird - From the LP "Daylight"
  22. Ronnie Dyson "I Want To Be Where You Are" - Columbia - From the LP "Love In All Flavors"
  23. Marvin Sease "Love Me Or Leave Me" - London - From the LP "Marvin Sease"
  24. G C Cameron "I'm Gonna Give You Respect" - Motown - FromThe LP "Love Songs & Other Tragedies"
  25. Arthur Adams - "Special Kinda Lady" - A&M - From the LP "Love My Lady"
  26. Luther Ingram "Make You Feel Loved Again" - Profile - From The LP "Luther Ingram"
  27. Leon Haywood "Fair Warnin" - 20th Century - From The LP "Back to Stay"
Kinda spoils the surprise... unless you don't already know 'em.

Stand by for the postie!

:D

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Got yours Andy (Drew). Luverleeeee stuff. You beat me to 3 tracks already.

I've been loading loadsa stuff from vinyl to the computer and then I'll make my choices from there. Should be ready to go before the weekend. Girf, you can save on the postage & give me mine at Mental. (Wedding permitting) Yours however will be lost in the post.

Got Andy's and Eddy's today. thumbsup.gif

Think what I'll do is wait until I get everyone's, then take a track off each and make up my comp that way and see if anyone notices!! laugh.gif

Nice one Roger. Wish I'd thought of that

Social source share

I got Andy & Eddies to this morning. Made me late for work. Had to pull up in the layby on the way in. Great stuff fellas!.

Looking good Sean, Just one of mine on there, RJ`s latest arrival.....almost 2 but i put another Willie Tee track on from the same LP.......

I got Andys in the mail today, only played half of it, a downside from working 4 miles from home! What i have heard is great...some stunning tracks, particularly loved the "Satisfaction unlimited" track......had to call a mate and play it to him from the car.....

Thats what this is all about........

Mine should be in the mail on my next day off, Friday, so should be with you all on saturday.......

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Got Andy's (thanks), played it twice throught at work yesterday, really like the Satisfaction Unlimited track, straight on the wants list!

Mine are burnt, need to get the jiffys today so hopefully you will have them by the weekend.

Social source share

Hi

Tracklist below

Will be going out this weekend

Jerry

Peace of Mind - Odyssey 5 - 1st Time Around

You Came out of Nowhere - Charles Mann - Say you Love Me

Say it Baby - Optimistics - Same

What Else Can I Say - Ingram Family - Ingram Kingdom

Where Does Love Go - Heartstoppers - Same

Welcome to all this Love Again - Dysons Faces - Same

Much too Much - 9th Creation- Superheroes

You Put a Hurtin on me - Mary Munday - Mother Nature

Don't stop loving me know - LTD - Togetherness

Hit And Run Lovers - Dynamic Superiors - Pure Pleasure

Fight the Feeling -YBS - Same

In The Middle Of A Feeling - 3 Ounces Of Love - Same

Love is the Place - Curtis Mayfield - Love is the Place

Gospel Truth - Millie Jackson - Try it one more Time

You Hurt Me for the Last time - Ginji James - Love is a Merry Go Round

How Can You Love Somebody - Barbara Acklin - Place in the Sun

Nothing Left to Give - Thelma Houston - Same

He's Still on my Mind - Kimberley Briggs - Passing Clouds

If You Had My Love - Ongoing Times - Introducing

Lost In a Shuffle of Love - Best of Both Worlds - I Want the World to Know

My Baby's House- Micheal Cooper - Just What I Like

Social source share

I don't know how far everyone has got with these, but don't bother sending me anything thing more sophisticated than the CD on a paper sleeve, an A4 print out of track listing in a plain envelope ( a first or second class stamp will cover the postage in the UK)- an money saved can go towards another swap?

Social source share

SORRY FOR ANY DELAY FOLKS, OFF TO AMSTERDAM TO DO THE 'FINGERPOPPINSOUL' RADIO SHOW TONIGHT (ON-LINE......CHECK OUT STAD RADIO WHEN TRANFERRED FROM HOME PAGE) AND SEE BARBARA LEWIS LIVE IN BELGIUM...ON FRIDAY ..SO I'M OUT OF CIRCULATION...TRACKS SELECTED AND RECORDED JUST NEED TO PACKAGE AND POST

CHEERS

CHRIS MORGAN :)

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Just to add here, I haven't forgotten...my laptop was on the brink for a minute. I have recorded all that I wanted to record, I am in the process of making the CDs!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!