Anyone Want To Swap A Cd Of Lp Tracks?

• Replies 181
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Lady Maverick

Mine went out either last night, tonight or will go out tomorrow.

In any event you'll have it soon if its not already arrived.

As a reminder... here's what's coming...

1. Johnnie Taylor "Will You Love Me Forever" - Stax - From the LP "One Step Beyond"
  2. William Bell "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" - Stax - From The LP "Wow"
  3. Darrell Banks "Forgive Me" - Stax - From The LP "Here To Stay"
  4. Stairsteps "I'm The One Who Loves You" - Buddah - From The LP "Stay Close To Me"
  5. O'Jays "It's Too Strong" - Neptune - From The LP "The O'Jays In Philadelphia"
  6. David Ruffin "What You Gave Me" - Tamla Motown - From The LP "Feelin' Good"
  7. Johnny Sayles "Feeling Is Believing" - Dakar - From The LP "Man On The Inside"
  8. Three Degrees "Lonely Town" - Roulette - From The LP "Maybe"
  9. Nina Simone "Take Care Of Business" - Philips - From The LP "I Put A Spell On You"
  10. Kiki Dee "I Dig You Baby" - Philips - From the LP "Patterns"
  11. Percy Sledge "So Much Love" - Atlantic - From The LP "Warm And Tender Soul"
  12. Aaron Neville "How Many Times" - Minit - From the LP "Like It Is"
  13. Spellbinders "Baby I Miss You" - Columbia - From The LP "Magic Of The Spellbinders"
  14. Al Greene "Stop And Check Myself" - Action - From the LP "Back Up Train"
  15. Phil Flowers "Another Sleepless Night" - Dot - From The LP "Our Man In Washington"
  16. Freddie Scott "Don't Let Me Fall" - Probe - From the LP "I Shall Be Released"
  17. Willie Tee "Bring On The Heartaches" - Capitol - From the LP "I'm Only A Man"
  18. Gregg Jackson "One For The Road" - KYP - From The LP "One For The Road"
  19. Enchantment "I'm Who You Found Not Who You Lost" - RCA - From The LP "Soft Lights, Sweet Music"
  20. Little Anthony "Love Was Born for Me" - Song Bird - From the LP "Daylight"
  21. Ronnie Dyson "I Want To Be Where You Are" - Columbia - From the LP "Love In All Flavors"
  22. Marvin Sease "Love Me Or Leave Me" - London - From the LP "Marvin Sease"
  23. G C Cameron "I'm Gonna Give You Respect" - Motown - FromThe LP "Love Songs & Other Tragedies"
  24. Arthur Adams - "Special Kinda Lady" - A&M - From the LP "Love My Lady"
  25. Luther Ingram "Make You Feel Loved Again" - Profile - From The LP "Luther Ingram"
  26. Leon Haywood "Fair Warnin" - 20th Century - From The LP "Back to Stay"
Only 4 of them found there way onto other comps... so 22 should be pretty fresh.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed wading through all yours!

Some crackin' stuff!

(Now... how many of you are up for a 'Gloves Off' 45/LP/CD whatever comp?)

Over to you Chris!

:thumbsup:

Sean

You put my favorites David Ruffin, Little Anthony and G C Cameron! :thumbsup: I have I'M GONNA GIVE YOU RESPECT by Marvin Gaye! Can't wait to hear Kiki Dee! Not too many of her stuff was issued here in the States.

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

That's great! Hope you enjoy! :thumbsup:
THANKS FOR CD STACIA...LOVE THAT STYLISTICS TRACK, BACK TO GETTING THROUGH THE REST,,,AND IT'S NOT A CHORE IT'S A REAL PLEASURE THANKS TO EVERYONE . HARD TO SINGLE OUT FAVOURITES AS QUALITY HAS BEEN THAT HIGH. BUT WILL POST SOMETHING SOON. CHEERS ..CHRIS M :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Only on my 5th Cd, I stick them in the car and they go round and round until I get to know what track follows the next, then I whip in a new one, so I've got a lot of music to get through before I will have heard all 22 Cd's, but who's complaining, great tracks great music, happy man. Hopefully the CD's I posted out this week will have arrived at there destination by now, and you are enjoying my selection. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

THANKS FOR CD STACIA...LOVE THAT STYLISTICS TRACK, BACK TO GETTING THROUGH THE REST,,,AND IT'S NOT A CHORE IT'S A REAL PLEASURE THANKS TO EVERYONE . HARD TO SINGLE OUT FAVOURITES AS QUALITY HAS BEEN THAT HIGH. BUT WILL POST SOMETHING SOON. CHEERS ..CHRIS M thumbsup.gif

You are welcome! That track and album is one of my favorites from them.

Only on my 5th Cd, I stick them in the car and they go round and round until I get to know what track follows the next, then I whip in a new one, so I've got a lot of music to get through before I will have heard all 22 Cd's, but who's complaining, great tracks great music, happy man. Hopefully the CD's I posted out this week will have arrived at there destination by now, and you are enjoying my selection. :wicked:

I think I got yours...but as I said, SO many groovy tracks from everyone...hard to know where to start!

Social source share

Okay guys, all done and should be in post on Monday, thanks to some help from the Soul Source Technical Help Desk!! May be a bit rough around the intros and outros as still getting used to the new turntable but hopefully okay. Apologies if I am last, no surprise to anyone who knows me. Hopefully okay, turned out a little crossovery, or at least my definition of anyway.

Cheers

Track List is

David Ruffin - Pieces Of A Man (Tamla - My Whole World Ended)

Inez Foxx - You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day (Volt - At Memphis)

Kim Tolliver - Learn To Get Along Without You (Chess - Come And Get Me I'm Ready)

Whispers - My Illusion (Janus - Life And Breath)

Love Peace And Happiness - You've Chosen Me (RCA - Here Tis)

Kim Weston - Love Dont Let Me Down (People - Big Brass Four Poster)

Honey Cone - A Womens Prayer (Hot Wax- Love Peace And Soul)

Townsend, Townsend, Townsend & Rogers - You Can (Chocolate City - Self Titled)

Ascots - Color Me SOul (Crazy Cajun - Color Me Soul)

Freddie Hughes - We Gotta Keep On (Wand - Send My Baby Back)

Edwin Starr & Blinky - You've Made Me So Very Happy (Gordy - Just We Two)

Archie Bell & The Drells - Mama Didnt Teach Me That Way (Atlantic - There's Gonna Be A Showdown)

Main Ingredient - No Tears (RCA - Sweet)

James & Bobby Purify - A Man Can't Be A Man Without A Woman (Casablanca - You And Me Together Forever)

Patterson Singers - How Can YOu Say Than Aint Love (Atco - Self Titled)

Mike Jemison - Satisfaction (Geneva - Self Titled)

Don Gardner & Baby Washington - We're Gonna Make It Big (People - Lay A Little Loving On Me)

Clarence Reid - Come On WIth It (Alston - On The Job)

Clarence Reid - The Truth (Alston - Running Water)

Jimmy Hughes - Lock Me Up (Volt - Something Special)

Ozone (Our Hearts) Will Alwyays Shine (Motown - Glasses)

David Ruffin - Everlasting Love (Tamla - My Whole World Ended)

Eddie Simpson - Pinch Hitter (Demon - Eddie Simpson/Marcell Strong - Two Soul Chiefs)

Bettye Swann - No Faith No Love (Capitol - The Soul View Now)

Think I promised a couple of people copies at Wilton, PM me and remind me. And those who asked to be added, again happy to do so just PM me details.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Only on my 5th Cd, I stick them in the car and they go round and round until I get to know what track follows the next, then I whip in a new one, so I've got a lot of music to get through before I will have heard all 22 Cd's, but who's complaining, great tracks great music, happy man. Hopefully the CD's I posted out this week will have arrived at there destination by now, and you are enjoying my selection. :thumbsup:

Got yours friday Mark , really looking forward to listening to it , many thanks ,Eddie

Social source share

Okay guys, all done and should be in post on Monday, thanks to some help from the Soul Source Technical Help Desk!! May be a bit rough around the intros and outros as still getting used to the new turntable but hopefully okay. Apologies if I am last, no surprise to anyone who knows me. Hopefully okay, turned out a little crossovery, or at least my definition of anyway.

Cheers

Track List is

David Ruffin - Pieces Of A Man (Tamla - My Whole World Ended)

Inez Foxx - You're Saving Me For A Rainy Day (Volt - At Memphis)

Kim Tolliver - Learn To Get Along Without You (Chess - Come And Get Me I'm Ready)

Whispers - My Illusion (Janus - Life And Breath)

Love Peace And Happiness - You've Chosen Me (RCA - Here Tis)

Kim Weston - Love Dont Let Me Down (People - Big Brass Four Poster)

Honey Cone - A Womens Prayer (Hot Wax- Love Peace And Soul)

Townsend, Townsend, Townsend & Rogers - You Can (Chocolate City - Self Titled)

Ascots - Color Me SOul (Crazy Cajun - Color Me Soul)

Freddie Hughes - We Gotta Keep On (Wand - Send My Baby Back)

Edwin Starr & Blinky - You've Made Me So Very Happy (Gordy - Just We Two)

Archie Bell & The Drells - Mama Didnt Teach Me That Way (Atlantic - There's Gonna Be A Showdown)

Main Ingredient - No Tears (RCA - Sweet)

James & Bobby Purify - A Man Can't Be A Man Without A Woman (Casablanca - You And Me Together Forever)

Patterson Singers - How Can YOu Say Than Aint Love (Atco - Self Titled)

Mike Jemison - Satisfaction (Geneva - Self Titled)

Don Gardner & Baby Washington - We're Gonna Make It Big (People - Lay A Little Loving On Me)

Clarence Reid - Come On WIth It (Alston - On The Job)

Clarence Reid - The Truth (Alston - Running Water)

Jimmy Hughes - Lock Me Up (Volt - Something Special)

Ozone (Our Hearts) Will Alwyays Shine (Motown - Glasses)

David Ruffin - Everlasting Love (Tamla - My Whole World Ended)

Eddie Simpson - Pinch Hitter (Demon - Eddie Simpson/Marcell Strong - Two Soul Chiefs)

Bettye Swann - No Faith No Love (Capitol - The Soul View Now)

Think I promised a couple of people copies at Wilton, PM me and remind me. And those who asked to be added, again happy to do so just PM me details.

Cheers

Jock

Looking forward to yours Jocko , I guess that Whispers track is the same as Sugar Pie Desanto '45 ? Best Wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Dear all,

I finally shipped the blighter... just in time for Christmas... biggrin.gif

Anybody not received it or otherwise? ........................Please let me know.

Still wading through the mountain of Soul... and can't wait for the Hols so that I can listen more intently at home, as opposed to whilst doing the ton on the Motorway.

BIG thank you to all involved in the swap.... (and for being quick off the mark in getting it posted).

Special thanks to Chris for having the initiative...

... and Seasons greetings to all.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Turned up today Sean, thanks very much me lad. thumbsup.gif Completely overwhelmed with much at the moment both old and new, I'll give yours and some of the others a proper airing over the holiday. Got to echo Sean's sentiments, of the ones I've listened to so far have been without exception really quite excellent, lots of top music involved in this particular swap, I've even loved a lot of the more 60s slanted stuff which is quite rare for me. :D

Thanks all, and nice one Chris lad for kicking this one off. Definitely up for a part 2 in 2007. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

I've still got five to go, looks like this will run and run. I bet reviews / responses will be in New Year now. Top Drawer stuff so far . Thanks Sean got yours and what a belter it is ...Thankyou...Best Wishes to everyone Have a Soulfull Christmas ..Hope you get all you wish for now and in the New Year......Cheers...CHRIS MORGAN thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Thanks all, and nice one Chris lad for kicking this one off. Definitely up for a part 2 in 2007. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Roger

Yes! Two thumbs to Chris and can't wait for the next swap! whistling.gif:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Only on my 8th, so hopefully it's a month or two before the next swop comes along, but I'm enjoying the music, and over the xmas period I should be able to really starting to make some in-roads on my pile of listen to Cd's. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Would just like to thank everyone for the cds, lots of great tracks and a real lot of thought and effort put into them.

Thanks to Chris for getting the ball rolling :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great christmas and new year

soulfully yours

Andy

Social source share

Would just like to thank everyone for the cds, lots of great tracks and a real lot of thought and effort put into them.

Thanks to Chris for getting the ball rolling :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great christmas and new year

soulfully yours

Andy

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ANDY..I'LL BE SPINNING A FEW AT THE GLADSTONE CLUB IN NORTHWICH ON BOXING DAY BETWEEN 5 - 6. EVENT ON 3-12... WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE YOU..IF NOT HAVE A GREAT TIME..SEE YOU SOON..CHRIS M :wicked:
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I`m reliably informed there are still two Cds outstanding....anyone wanting to "fess-up" about not sending their CDs out yet?!

I certainly cant figure it out...

Just to echo what everyone has said, the quality has been outstanding on this swap, i`m still playing the CDs everyday and discovering new tracks all of the time....thanks to you all for putting so much effort into it...

I`m sure we will do it again in a couple of months, maybe Easter? Not sure of the theme yet but suggestions are welcome...nothing too obscure!

Thanks again Guys and happy new year......

Chris.

Social source share

Don't ask BUT this thread has completely missed my radar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's right up my street too!

Is it too late to be added to the list???

I'm prepared to send out a CD to everyone as long as i get one back - can some kind soul make a decision on this for me?

I do have a few nice LP's :thumbsup:

Please let me know

Steve Plumb

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Hi Graham,

There's a copy of mine in the post to you. Hope you and Rosy are well mate.

Regards

Alan

Hiya Alan,sorry for the late reply mate,yep we all well thanx,recieved your Cd nice too,mine on its way mate,see ya soon. Best Graham

Social source share

I'm prepared to send out a CD to everyone as long as i get one back - can some kind soul make a decision on this for me?

Plumby, You are two months too late mate...now piss off!

Decision made.....

Chris.

ps. You just had to play that Innersection at the Orwell again did`nt you!?

Social source share

Got a nice suprise for you all....Mr Plumb has aquired a copy of each of our Cds from some kind soul and I have furnished him with your addresses. He will be sending everyone involved in the swap one more Cd....sure it will be packed with some quality tunes....

Next swap, Easter 2007......any ideas of themes welcome......

Chris

Social source share

Got a nice suprise for you all....Mr Plumb has aquired a copy of each of our Cds from some kind soul and I have furnished him with your addresses. He will be sending everyone involved in the swap one more Cd....sure it will be packed with some quality tunes....

Chris

Count me in for Easter boys and girls :lol:

For the record.....................Ockers has dvd'd ALL 21 CD's for me (picking it up at next Orwell on the 26th) and Chris has forwarded all your addys.

In early Feb you will all get one from me......................we'll be all square then so i'll be ready for part 2 at Easter!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Chris

What about Ballads & Deep Soul...you can stick your headphones on and luxuriate in the misery of heartbreak while pretending to sleep ensuring no family members bother you for cash,,shelf-fixing etc etc etc ...Chris M :wub:

Social source share

What about Ballads & Deep Soul...you can stick your headphones on and luxuriate in the misery of heartbreak while pretending to sleep ensuring no family members bother you for cash,,shelf-fixing etc etc etc ...Chris M :wub:

I could go for a deep soul one.....over 24 hours of wristslashers :shades:

Girf

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Chris

Hi All

Sorry for the delay.........

Back from hols and have received the DVD from Ockers (Cheers Sean thumbsup.gif ) with all your CD's on it.

Will be burning and listening to them all in the very near future, as they ALL look well tasty!

With the benefit of dvd hindsight, i've been able to produce a CD of LP tracks that aren't on the other CD's and i'm in the process of burning them for you all. They should be in the mail by weekend (fingers crossed!)

If anyone is coming to The Orwell this Friday i can bring your copy along? - PLMK

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Chris

What about floor-fillers? thumbsup.gif

Definitely count me in for Easter! shades.gif

Hi All

Sorry for the delay.........

Back from hols and have received the DVD from Ockers (Cheers Sean :wicked: ) with all your CD's on it.

Will be burning and listening to them all in the very near future, as they ALL look well tasty!

With the benefit of dvd hindsight, i've been able to produce a CD of LP tracks that aren't on the other CD's and i'm in the process of burning them for you all. They should be in the mail by weekend (fingers crossed!)

If anyone is coming to The Orwell this Friday i can bring your copy along? - PLMK

Cheers

Steve

Steve...awesome! Looking forward to your CD! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert