Soulshakers International

Wow, what a fantastic night, A very big thanks to Malayka and Dave, one of, if not, the best night I have had since I started going to soul events. On the flier/flyer "Driving 60's and 70's beat" and that was what the whole nite was all about. We arrived early enough to hear the modern tunes Malayka delited us with, then we went to Room 1, the athomphere, soulies, the room and friends (Tooooo many to name), created one of the best Soul places I have ever been to. The buss every where was excellent, to say the least. It was a 6 hours :thumbsup: of full pleasure!!! What a fantastic way to spend a Saturday night. Thanks again to all those involved in creating such a fab nite.

Highly recomended!!!!

C+Cxx

Edited by 7daylover
  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Soul Sam worth waiting for awesome set. :P

Arthur Fenn :lol:

Nice one Dave plus the bonus of the added keep fit class , swapping between rooms :ohmy:

Bloody Road works :thumbsup: , took the wrong turn didn`t turn up untill gone 10.

Had a good night. Looking good for the future. :lol:

Edited by gibber

Quality; best word to sum it up. To those that couldn't/didn't come: A Quality Soul Nite. :thumbsup:

A BIG thanks to Dave & Malayka, this Soul Night will build & build and we'll be able to say 'we were at the first one'. All the DJ's were spot on: if Lars was on at about mid-night then he played a great set, a good mixed music set, some British DJ's should take a listen :P

I'm a bit fitter now for running up & down the stairs between the rooms but hell, it was worth it.

Dave good to see you again after all these years, along with Arthur and Adey and and and.... Miles. Good to meet Malayka and a host of new faces (to me). Got there by about 9 and spent an equal ammount of time in each room, what i heard was good, and a lot of tunes new to me which is always good.

I reckon this event can grow massive, and will given a chance. the venue was good apart from the trek between rooms (due i think to a private party booking the room in between).

All in all :D:thumbsup::yes: thumbs up from me.

Wow, what a fantastic night, A very big thanks to Malayka and Dave, one of, if not, the best night I have had since I started going to soul events. On the flier/flyer "Driving 60's and 70's beat" and that was what the whole nite was all about. We arrived early enough to hear the modern tunes Malayka delited us with, then we went to Room 1, the athomphere, soulies, the room and friends (Tooooo many to name), created one of the best Soul places I have ever been to. The buss every where was excellent, to say the least. It was a 6 hours :D of full pleasure!!! What a fantastic way to spend a Saturday night. Thanks again to all those involved in creating such a fab nite.

Highly recomended!!!!

C+Cxx

Hey Carlos,

Sounds like a great night.....but where is it at?? :thumbsup:

What a great night :D Musically, socially, location & venue - all 10 out of 10.

Dave & Malayka - well done. I know that promoting something like this is a costly labour of love but please accept our thanks for giving us a really excellent evening out. All the DJ's played a blinder last night - Sam was on tip top form, as was Arthur. Amazing tunes one after another.

This event could go massive - it certainly deserves to.

Ali x

Edited by alison

AS ALI SAID........TOP NIGHT.....ACE VENUE..FANTASTIC TUNES...QUALITY ALL THE WAY...GREAT TO SEE ROGER & SUE, MR WIDDISON. MR FRENCH, NICOLA,KAREN & PETE, ROB MOSS, MEL &PAT, KIPPER,ARTHUR & MARIA, CLARE, JIM, SAM...............LIST IS ENDLESS AND OF COURSE BIG THANKS TO DAVE & MALAYKA FOR HAVING THE VISION AND THE NOUSE TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER. ENJOYED MY SURREAL MOMENT STANDING ON THE TERRACES SURVEYING AN EERILY EMPTY VILLA PARK WHILE JUST THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS DOORS THE SPEAKERS WERE PUMPING OUT SOME HOT TUNES...THE MARRIAGE OF ALL THAT FOOTBALL HERITAGE AND THE MUSIC I LOVE WAS SUBLIME, IT HIT ALL THE BUTTONS FOR ME, LOVED LOOKING AT ALL THE FOOTIE MEMORABILIA ALONG THE CORRIDORS AND IN THE MODERN ROOM. ALL DJs WERE SPOT ON........GLAD WE MADE THE FIRST ONE...IT WONT BE THE LAST THAT'S FOR SURE !!

SHAKE ON SOULSHAKERS :D

Edited by bearsoul

I`d just like to add to what everybody`s been saying a big thanks to Dave & Malayka what a great night,music wise this has to be the best Soul night i`ve been to in Years and yes i do mean years it was that good,most impressed with Lars who done a blinding set kicking off with "Chain Reaction-Search for tomorrow" and followed with more top quality tunes,it would be nice to see your play list Lars,Sam and Arthur Fenn do i need to say more great stuff,nice set from Adey Poutain,also nice catch up with friends,sorry i didn`t get to go down to the Modern room to see Gav,Paul S & Co :thumbsup: maybe next time ,anyway looking forward to the next one :D

Dave f................

Just a few words...

Dave and I would like to thank all the people who came along, all those who supported Soulshakers International last night - and of course all the brilliant djs - I am not saying that because it's polite, it's a fact, all of you guys did a fantastic job and played just bfabulous soulmusic...from A-Z...I seriously think that this event yesterday was a step in the right direction....Apart from the fact that Dave and I were busy running around and make sure everything is allright, we enjoyed every minute of it...

THANK YOU!!!!

keep on keepin' on

Malayka & Dave

Guest in town Mikey

Any pictures .. ( I had to go to a Stag doo) :thumbup:

I had a washing machine disaster, and plans had to be cancelled at the VERY last minute. :thumbsup:

Makes me more determined to get to the next one tho.

only one problem with this night :yes: the time seemed to go so quick which is always a sign of a good night.i thought the music was top draw great to see folks i aint seen for a long time and a big thanx to lars and martin for coming over from germany to play to us and thanx to dave and malayka for making this do possible and arthur fenn will you stop playin all those great soulfull toons i can hardly walk today cuz i aint danced so much for ages :thumbup: anyway cant wait for the next one it deserves to be a success :thumbsup:

Guest Gavin Page

only one problem with this night :D the time seemed to go so quick which is always a sign of a good night.i thought the music was top draw great to see folks i aint seen for a long time and a big thanx to lars and martin for coming over from germany to play to us and thanx to dave and malayka for making this do possible and arthur fenn will you stop playin all those great soulfull toons i can hardly walk today cuz i aint danced so much for ages :yes: anyway cant wait for the next one it deserves to be a success :thumbsup:

So where were you then, I didn't see you :thumbup::yes:

What a fantastic night! Thanks to Malayka & Dave for putting this event up and for being the best hosts I can imagine. Sleeping in Dave's record room really was an experience; with a mirror on the left side, I woke up to the sounds of an unreleased Hermon Hitson acetate, looked to the left and saw an ugly face (alcohol and a rotten sandwich on Stansted airport, that killed my stomach, made me look like Mike Tyson's sparring partner ) and I was shocked when I realized it was me! But another look around and there where big piles of 45s all around me.

Dave, have you been schooled by Jamie Oliver? You are a fantastic cook! and Malayka 'Starbuck' Erpen your coffee got me back to life again!

Musically the night was one of the best dos I'ever experienced, with Dave and Martin playing great tunes, Adey Pountain was fantastic, Arthur played The Differences on Mon'Ca and Charles Mintz 'Running Back' and Soul Sam played some 'Soul Essence' stuff like Natural Impulse and Tolbert and the Ellipsis. Blimey, just good tunes and friendly people. It was nice to see some friends again (looking forward to Nuernberg John!).

Dave you asked for my playlist. Here we go, in no particular order:

Chain Reaction: Search For Tomorrow (played this one twice, cause I like it so much)

Marshall, Donovan & Broomfield: Since I Found My Baby

The Lovelites: Get It Off My Conscience

Emanuel Taylor: You Really Got A Hold On Me

New World: We're Gonna Make It

Sweet Mixture: House Of Fun And Love

Ujima: I'm Not Ready

The Aristocrats: Let's Get Together Now

Melvin Moore: All Of A Sudden

Philip James: Keep On Loving

Record Player: Free Your Mind

The Reason Why: Step Inside My World

7 Miles Per Hour Band: Playing Your Game

Barbara Lynn: Mellow Feeling (a lovely lady called me darling for playing this :D )

Corey Blake: How Can I Go On Without You (by request)

Buddy Miles: I'm Just Kiss Away

Delilah Moore; It Takes Love

the way back was a nightmare. 1 hour waiting at the check in, another hour waiting at the security gate and only 5 minutes to find the gate and catch the plane. Ryanair? No! never again. I met Marc Forrest, who DJed at 100 club on sat. at Stanstedt, who just missed his plane and spend a fortune to get another one, just because the check in and the security was f****ing slow :D

Enjoy your Us-trip Dave & Malayka and keep on keepin on ... it's a great venue, which deserves a bigger audience

thanks for all, Lars

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. Just loved the night and it was almost everything I had hoped, the best music from the best DJ's availble from across europe, in a stunning venue, great sound systems, great people.

We have the next one booked for december 2nd. Will we do it, not sure. As everyone that came could see this was run with the intention of being the best availble in every way, but that cost money and unless we feel more would come next time, the reality is I can't afford to do it again. Need a few days to think about it. We needed about another 100 to break even and thats all I wanted was to break even. So those with quick minds can work out based on entree price how much we went down. This wasn't about making money it was to say you really can have events this good in places this nice, IF people want it. But based on saturday, I got it wrong and not enough people do.

But thats not to say I still won't try again, it WAS that good. Read above and speak to those that did make it.

Sam said after he finished his set. "That was the best set I've done in years, I just felt I could"

Someone else said "This is as good as the Mecca when it was really on top"

Edited by Dave Thorley

Dave, I am glad the event was such a sucess...and by going by yours and other reviews it was, even if numbers were not what they should have been. So I fully understand you take some time to think about the pro and contra about continuing (especially with such a loss in money..) but it would be really more then just only sad to loose a night of a quality such as yours and Malaykas last saturday in Birmingham :ohmy: I am sure as soon as the word will have spread, numbers will rocket :yes:

Marc

Dave, I am glad the event was such a sucess...and by going by yours and other reviews it was, even if numbers were not what they should have been. So I fully understand you take some time to think about the pro and contra about continuing (especially with such a loss in money..) but it would be really more then just only sad to loose a night of a quality such as yours and Malaykas last saturday in Birmingham :ohmy: I am sure as soon as the word will have spread, numbers will rocket :huh:

Marc

Things looking good for the next one December 2nd :yes:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Posted this on Soul Talk, thought it may be of interest......

After a dodgey start because we took a wrong turn off the M6 and almost ended up in Litchfield we finally got there almost an hour later than we had promised Dave and Malayka that we would be there (Ali had volunteered to start the door duties off as the hosts had to warm up the dancefloors) anyway we made it that was the main thing wink.gif

Firstly what a great venue spacious and plush with superb accoustics, those venturing to the modern room had to pass the directors suites (deep in deadly Doug territory) The potential for this Soulshakers International becoming a major event is clear for all to see everyone we spoke to had a similar if not identical opinion. One elder statesman even compared it to a fledgling Blackpool Mecca whistling.gif

Main Room:

Musically it was just about spot on, thoughtful oldies definitely no overplayed oldies, upfront Northern and Cutting edge 70's and Crossover all blended beautifully by all the DJ's.

To be honest the quality was so good in the main room we hardly ventured downstairs to the Modern Room at all, which in itself says a great deal. Difficult to pick a spot of the night although the elder statesman Soul Sam was on fire and probably edged it truth be told, but it was a close call with Arthur almost sending me into orgasmic spasms with a sequence of number one wants afirming for me at least that he is still one of the very best in the country (as if he needed to), Lars, Ady Pountain and Dave ran them close as well.

Obviously can't give you a playlist but for me tunes of the night included

Nurons - Arthur

Mixed Feelings - Sam

Mellow Madness - Lars (well i thought it was, must have been Sam)

Ice - Ady

Young (lovely) Ladies - Arthur

Halo - Sam

Sweet Mixture - Lars

Boney M - Dave

Modern Womb:

To be fair we didn't spend too much time downstairs and luckily we avoided Gavin's set :lol: the main reason was that you weren't allowed to take drinks in between the rooms. Understandable really as they were a fair distance apart and drink spillage in the director's areas would have been a problem.

Anyway this was an L shaped room with the decks at the L bit and the bar at the top/bottom dependant on where you were stood. The music we did hear in here was lovely, sadly we missed most of Malaykas set and all of Miles and Sutty's set which was a real shame as i had been looking forward to that especially as well as Gavins (but don't tell him)

All in all one of the best Soul Night's we have been to in ages. Make sure to put the next one in your diaries because if it's only half as good as this one was it will unmissable wink.gif

JoT

As a bit of a postcript on the way home we met up with some buddy's at a local services, everyone was raving about how good the night was and how like the olden days of the Mecca/Yate/Wigan it was not because of the music because it wouldn't have been right to re-live the sounds of the day, but the important thing was that the feeling was there. People up for new sounds, open, accepting of what the DJ's decided was right for the vibe of the night. It really was the start of something special IMVFHO and i sit here with my fingers and toes all crossed hoping and praying that it was not a one off.

Dave you know it makes sense and if we can help out in any way just ask you know where we are...............

Edited by Johnny One Trout

Honest me as always, everyone has offered to do it, until it works for little or nothing. A good mutual friend is putting up the money, for the club, short term. There was a moment today when the number of emails and PM's from this site, brought me close to tears. If it is in all our powers this event will run and run.

It's so hard to explain to those not there how good it was, and that is said often, but...........

To everyone who that reads this, please come to the next one, everyone involved is doing from thier hearts and souls.

Love you all

Dave

Nurons - Arthur

Mixed Feelings - Sam

Mellow Madness - Lars (well i thought it was, must have been Sam)

Ice - Ady

Young (lovely) Ladies - Arthur

Halo - Sam

Sweet Mixture - Lars

Boney M - Dave

No "Mellow Madness" Johnny Boy,a "F Smog" and N Impulse" from Sam,don`t forget i was the sober one :lol:

out of the current upfront sounds i think "M Madness" and "Trace of Smoke"

were the only ones missing,i forgot Adey P played "Ice-Reality" what a tune,realy hoping it works out okay for the next one thumbsup.gif

Dave f...........

Well................I can't pretend there wasn't a point in time when I thought I wasn't going to make this gig, having come home from work early Friday with that thing I believe they call "man-flu" laugh.gif:lol: But, make it I did, and a very enjoyable night it was at this extremely plush venue.

Great to meet Malayka for the first time, and the rest of the guys from Europe. Lars in the 60's/70's room played some great music around midnight...........Record Player.....tune!! Soul Sam also played some fantastic stuff during his set. Saw some folks from the B'ham area I haven't seen for years, which was nice!

There is real potential in this gig, and I wish Dave and Malayka all the best with this...........those that know Dave's pedigree and attitude towards a progressive scene should know what to expect of his gigs............he deserves supporting in this. I'm not really part of the rare soul scene these days, but from my past experiences of it, and what bit I do know about the current scene, it does need events promoted by guys like Dave Thorley..........and that's not kissing ass........it's fact!

Anyway, here's what I played in the Modern Room:

11:00pm-12:00am

Natalie Williams - This Girl

Marcell & The Truth - Sending You Away

Brown's Bag - Me Around

K'Jon - Come Get To This

John Legend - We Just Don't Care

Prominent - Step Into My World

Khalil - We Kicked It

Kelly Price - This Is Who I Am

Leo Mendez Group - I Feel Love

Vince Montana Jr. feat. Double Exposure - You Are My Everything (Original Mix)

Kenny Bobien - Father (Ricanstruction Vocal)

Blaze feat. Hunter Hayes - Why Can't We Live Together (Blaze Mix)

Wookie feat. Lain - Live On

Oh, and don't these Premiership football clubs have some loot..............what a facility!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Honest me as always, everyone has offered to do it, until it works for little or nothing. A good mutual friend is putting up the money, for the club, short term. There was a moment today when the number of emails and PM's from this site, brought me close to tears. If it is in all our powers this event will run and run.

It's so hard to explain to those not there how good it was, and that is said often, but...........

To everyone who that reads this, please come to the next one, everyone involved is doing from thier hearts and souls.

Love you all

Dave

IT WAS REALLY SPECIAL DAVE, A BLOODY HURRICANE OF FRESH AIR, WE ALSO MADE COMPARISONS WITH MECCA AT OUR TABLE MUSIC A1....HOOK OR BY CROOK WE'LL BE AT NEXT ONE

CHRIS N CARLOS thumbsup.gif:lol:thumbsup.gif

Guest Johnny One Trout

No "Mellow Madness" Johnny Boy,a "F Smog" and N Impulse" from Sam,don`t forget i was the sober one smile.gif

Dave f...........

You sure i could have sworn.......

Anyway top notch sounds all night

JoT

My playlist for the night. Only a short one as I spent most of my time running round

Chocolate Syrup-You're off an running-IRA

Ernest King-You gonna miss me-LK

Exportations-I want you-Vir-Ro

Roy Dawson-Over the top-Coemands

Diane Jenkins-I need you-Creative Funk

Vicki Williams-Do I make myself clear-Morgan Park

George Perkins-I'm so glad you're mine-Royal Sheild

Holidays-Without your sweet love-C/U

Liberation-Love looks good on you-S.O.A.

Chosen Few-Birth of a playboy-Canyon

Smith Brothers-There can be a better way-Soul Dimension

Albert Jones-Up to the sun-Bumpshop

Freedom-High on you-Freedom

So back in cosy Bamberg, I also would like to say thank you to Dave and Malayka for putting this event on and me on the DJ schedule.

The venue was fine and so was the music also a little too less mid-/uptempo 60s sounds for my taste, but the crowd really enjoyed this early seventies sounds in the main room. Off course Sam and Arthur (he played this fantastic two plus two - awesome!!!) were outstanding but I also quite enjoyed the spot of me old mate Lars.

Can't say much about the modern room, as I nearly had to do two hours in the main room, because of Dave running around. So I just wandered down twice when Finn was spinning a fine selection of Disco/Modern sounds.

So here is what I played early on (at least I got about 7 people dancing and some guy asking me about records I was playing):

Mill Evans - When I'm ready - Tou-Sea

The Enchanted Five - Have you ever - CVS

Rufus Hunter - Hold On (Just a little bit longer) - ref-o-ree

The Visitors - I'm in danger - Dakar

George Byrd - I'm available - TRC

Bill Griffin - Try to run a game on me - Naptown

The Roe-O-Tation - Old Love - GERIM

Celest Hardie - You're gone - Reynolds

Archie Bell & The Drells - A Thousand Wonders - Atlantic (spain)

Lamar Morris - I lost someone - ABC

George Kirby - What can I do - Checker

The Four Perfections - I'm not strong enough - Party Time

Oliver Morgan - The La La Man Pt.1 - SEVEN B

The Prophets - Talk don't bother me - Jubilee

The Fabulous Peps - With these eyes - WEE 3

The T.S.U. Toronadoes - Got toget through to you - Atlantic

Rotations - I can't find her - DeBrossard

Willie Tee - First Taste of hurt - GATUR

The Lost Family - Blow my mind - Innovation II

The Harvey Averne Dozen - Central Park - Uptite

Life - Tell me why - Reprise

The Prophets - Let's get down - C/U

Barbara and Brenda - Don't wait up for me mama - DYNAMO

Third Point - Spirit - TIDE

Sam and Bill - I'll try - DECCA (germany)

Ortheia Barnes - I've Never Loved Nobody - CORAL

Tommy Soul - I'll be right here - Gaslight

Na Allen - Thanks for nothing - ATCO

The Rotations - (Put a dime on) D-9 - Frantic

Marv Johnson - With all that's in me - United Arists

Kenny Wells - Isn't it just a shame - New Voice

The Natural Four - I thought you were mine - ABC

Bob Collins and The Fabulous Five - Inventory on Heartache - Main Line

Elvin Spencer - Lift this hurt - Twinight

Keep the good work up you two and happy record hunting in the USA.

cheers, Martin

Edited by soulie78

only one problem with this night :( the time seemed to go so quick which is always a sign of a good night.i thought the music was top draw great to see folks i aint seen for a long time and a big thanx to lars and martin for coming over from germany to play to us and thanx to dave and malayka for making this do possible and arthur fenn will you stop playin all those great soulfull toons i can hardly walk today cuz i aint danced so much for ages :thumbsup: anyway cant wait for the next one it deserves to be a success :thumbsup:

Hi John!

It was sooo great to see you again mate. Never before I've seen you dancing around that much. Can't wait till December when you come over to Nuremberg and play for us that great soulful trax!

Chers Mate!

Martin

Looked like a great night with soem thoughtful imaginative sets, particularly Martin and Lars.

Sorry we couldn't make this one but had every intention of making it along in December till I read the news :thumbsup: Hope you get something sorted soon :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky

After all these emotional ups and downs during the last few days, I finally found five spare minutes to put my playlist up here...not in order, and I obviously was djing in the modern room...

JXL - Step - Chi-Sound

Jimmy Summers feat. Ginuwine - Let's go party - White Label

Solo - Where do you want me to put it - Perspective

Jeff Hendrick - Celebrate - Bout Time

MJB - Da MVP - Geffen

Super-Phonics - Dial L for love - Canyon International

Another Choce - Shake your body - B.I.E.

Cortez - Girl I been watching you - Tez Ru

Eric Benet - Spiritual Thang - WB

Black Men United - U will know - mercury

Boyz II Men - Vibin' - Motown

Chester Rosewood - Love me forever - C/U

Solsonics - jazz in the present tense - Chrysalis

Paul Johnson - Every kinda people - CBS

Que & Malaika feat. George Clinton - P in the funk - Hiprocsoul

Jamie Scott - Just - Sony

Ghosface Killah - Back like that - DefJam

Susan Duffy - Look me over - Ganghut

Trussel - Gone for the weekend - Elektra

O'jays - Imagination - Sanctuary Urban

... a up and down set...not a side to side one.. :thumbsup:

Guest Pure Soul Paul

What a fantastic night! Thanks to Malayka & Dave for putting this event up and for being the best hosts I can imagine. Sleeping in Dave's record room really was an experience; with a mirror on the left side, I woke up to the sounds of an unreleased Hermon Hitson acetate, looked to the left and saw an ugly face (alcohol and a rotten sandwich on Stansted airport, that killed my stomach, made me look like Mike Tyson's sparring partner ) and I was shocked when I realized it was me! But another look around and there where big piles of 45s all around me.

Dave, have you been schooled by Jamie Oliver? You are a fantastic cook! and Malayka 'Starbuck' Erpen your coffee got me back to life again!

Musically the night was one of the best dos I'ever experienced, with Dave and Martin playing great tunes, Adey Pountain was fantastic, Arthur played The Differences on Mon'Ca and Charles Mintz 'Running Back' and Soul Sam played some 'Soul Essence' stuff like Natural Impulse and Tolbert and the Ellipsis. Blimey, just good tunes and friendly people. It was nice to see some friends again (looking forward to Nuernberg John!).

Chain Reaction: Search For Tomorrow (played this one twice, cause I like it so much)

Barbara Lynn: Mellow Feeling (a lovely lady called me darling for playing this :thumbsup: )

the way back was a nightmare. 1 hour waiting at the check in, another hour waiting at the security gate and only 5 minutes to find the gate and catch the plane. Ryanair? No! never again. I met Marc Forrest, who DJed at 100 club on sat. at Stanstedt, who just missed his plane and spend a fortune to get another one, just because the check in and the security was f****ing slow :)

Enjoy your Us-trip Dave & Malayka and keep on keepin on ... it's a great venue, which deserves a bigger audience

thanks for all, Lars

Guest Pure Soul Paul

Barbara Lynn: Mellow Feeling (a lovely lady called me darling for playing this :thumbsup: )

the way back was a nightmare. 1 hour waiting at the check in, another hour waiting at the security gate and only 5 minutes to find the gate and catch the plane. Ryanair? No! never again. I met Marc Forrest, who DJed at 100 club on sat. at Stanstedt, who just missed his plane and spend a fortune to get another one, just because the check in and the security was f****ing slow :)

thanks for all, Lars

Well I have to say that it was a truly amazing night of music! not been to many out of london, and so was a pretty new experience for me and a friend who came up...as the rest of you have said, DJ's were superb, the atmosphere was great so I hope this night carries on as this will be a regular for me also...my mate who came along had not been listening to soul music for a few years, just kinda drifted out of it, but after saturday, he's back on it massively!! which just proves what a great night it was!! Lars, incredible tunes, great fella! excellent!! Arthur and the rest, wonderful!!! hope to be back there very soon...!!! QUALITY!!

• 2 months later...

Down but not out, back with new venue

Hi All

We have now found a new venue for Soulshakers International, and what a great venue. 2 great rooms, in what was an old night club now owned by the football club. 5 mins from the M42, Birmingham International Airport exit. Same DJ's, same fantastic music. First nite March 10th, 8pm-3am. 7 hours of stunning soulful music, that makes it a mini niter.

DJ's

Arthur Fenn

Ali & John

Ady Pountain

Dave Thorley

Gavin Page

Malayka

Marc Forrest

Mark Randle

Meg Willsher

Soul Sam

Room 1-60's and 70's Drivin' Beat, Room 2-Contemporary Rhythms

A few comments after the first one

Wow, what a fantastic night, A very big thanks to Malayka and Dave, one of, if not, the best night I have had since I started going to soul events. (7daylover)

I reckon this event can grow massive (EmJayGee)

what a great night,music wise this has to be the best Soul night i`ve been to in Years and yes i do mean years (Dave Fleming)

i can hardly walk today cuz i aint danced so much for ages (John Weston)

The potential for this Soulshakers International becoming a major event is clear for all to see everyone we spoke to had a similar if not identical opinion. One elder statesman even compared it to a fledgling Blackpool Mecca (Johnny One Trout)

IT WAS REALLY SPECIAL DAVE, A BLOODY HURRICANE OF FRESH AIR, WE ALSO MADE COMPARISONS WITH MECCA AT OUR TABLE (Bearsoul)

Best UK event of 2006 (Soul Sam)

We need your support hope to see you at this great event

Dave & Malayka

More info soulshakers_international@web.de

Unbelievably fan-effin-tastic, I can hardly believe my luck, this is right on my doorstep and I didn't think that I would ever see the day!! I couldn't go to the last one at the Vile ground because of family committments.

Soul in Soulihull (sorry)

And with the sort of music policy that would be my first choice!

Unbelievably fan-effin-tastic, I can hardly believe my luck, this is right on my doorstep and I didn't think that I would ever see the day!! I couldn't go to the last one at the Vile ground because of family committments.

Soul in Soulihull (sorry)

And with the sort of music policy that would be my first choice!

Arranged it just for you mate :thumbsup: