Union soul club - notts

Guest ruppy

NICE 1 LADS :D:thumbsup: SEE YOU AT BLACKPOOL MICK :yes: ...COL / MICHELLE

Well what can you say aboat last night.as good as it gets.a last hour switch to next door to the boat club.like going back a few years to the union club the night was buzing from the start to finish.

travellers from all over the globe.st ives.bedford.the goolie,s.derby.northampton.etc .the york mafia patto .ian.ronnie & co making there first appearance down the trentside

special guest,s tonight were Kitch & Cressy .Cressy poor old fellow turned up like a loneranger guns blazing .were was his north notts possie.shame on you.for not supporting him on debut at a union soul night.and he did the business top set cressy well done the crowd loved you.

and kitch allways premier league .mellow souls,mac staton appointments to name a few. you couid see the nails poping up out of the floorboards floor was manic

not forgetting the residents bish,John Poole & micky boyle proud dad he was his son steven just 16 signed pro for mansfield town this week.next step Nottm Forest Fc

So to all who made it down last night a big thank you and we will be back sat Jan 6th 2007

With Dean Anderson & Chalky guest,n

Mick H

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well what can you say aboat last night.as good as it gets.a last hour switch to next door to the boat club.like going back a few years to the union club the night was buzing from the start to finish.

travellers from all over the globe.st ives.bedford.the goolie,s.derby.northampton.etc .the york mafia patto .ian.ronnie & co making there first appearance down the trentside

special guest,s tonight were Kitch & Cressy .Cressy poor old fellow turned up like a loneranger guns blazing .were was his north notts possie.shame on you.for not supporting him on debut at a union soul night.and he did the business top set cressy well done the crowd loved you.

and kitch allways premier league .mellow souls,mac staton appointments to name a few. you couid see the nails poping up out of the floorboards floor was manic

not forgetting the residents bish,John Poole & micky boyle proud dad he was his son steven just 16 signed pro for mansfield town this week.next step Nottm Forest Fc

So to all who made it down last night a big thank you and we will be back sat Jan 6th 2007

With Dean Anderson & Chalky guest,n

Mick H

excellent night just like the union was best night out iv'e had in ages great tio see all the old union crowd in attendance looking forward to the next one :D

It`s 12:48 Sunday, the morning after the night before & I`ve just risen from my pit after reaching home base in God`s own County at 5:30am, thanks the Nutty Notts crew !! :P

As Mick H has already so eloquently pointed out, t`was a banging night (even better than first one) and had slightly moved venues (2 doors down) which was a little confusing at first . :huh: But to be honest I thought it was a better room with bigger dance area. :D lots & lots of lovely music played all night & I particularly enjoyed the guests Cressy & Kitch`s spots, the rest were their usual excellent self`s, and yes shame on you local who didn`t support YOUR guest Dj`s. :D Bloody Hell talk about brown nosing, I`m starting to feel sick myself !! not_i.gif

It was great to share the night with with the Nutty Notts crew, I`m not naming you all as you know who you are, AND DON`T TRY AND DENIE IT!!! :D

Fabulous to sit and chat with the two local bingo callers who ran the door, Windy & Mundy were their names, I think ? :D

After went back to a local chaps residence for tea and to listen to local cub scout leader Dj`s, Big Dj Bish Bash Bosh & Grand Master Dj Jim Jimmy Jam & Bread, and yes it was Great, thanks you lot, and hope you have a fabulous birthday today Carol. :yes:

Right silly hour finished, I need some more sleep and I don`t know why I can`t and I `m losing the will to live, as you will be if I keep rabbiting on, So until the next great rare soul adventure, take care & be careful. :thumbsup:

Edited by spot

Here's some of the tunes I played last night...Cressy

Honey - Jesse Fisher - Sojamm

First Taste of Hurt - Willie Tee - Gatur

I know the inside story - Chubby & the Turnpikes

You're gonna wreck my life - Guitar Ray - Shagg

and in return - Shelia Ferguson - Swan

The Snake - Al Wilson

What you gonna do now - Lashawn Collins

When I'm gonna find her - Mark Loyd - Parlophone

Sweetest girl in the world - Roger Hatcher - Excello

What about love - Carl Hall - Columbia

I have no Choice - Johnny Mae Matthews - Big Hit

Where is the love - Glen Miller - Doctor Bird

On easy streret - OC Smith

Don't let the door hit you back - Cashmeres - Hem

Isn't it just a Shame - kenny Wells - New Voice

I don't need another lover - the Spartons - era

the look on your face - John Edwards - Bell

+ a few more that I can't remember

great night Mick see you on Friday 10th Nov Rolls Royce Hucknall... Cressy

I've added one I didn't play. can anybody guess which one? i think Mick played it in his spot

The Snake - Al Wilson

I've added one I didn't play. can anybody guess which one? i think Mick played it in his spot

Had an absolute ball last night.

The venue is a great little place, said this on the Piercebridge thread a few weeks back but some venues work for northern/rare soul and some dont, the boat club certainly did, lovely floor (with a little talc) was great for dancing on.

Music top notch dont get much better than that arrived at around half 9 so caught the tail end of Johns spot think he was double decking with Mick Boyle :thumbsup:

Was in the record room chatting for most of cressy's spot but sounded great none the less.

Kitch, well fantastic big hitters and well thought out oldies, dont know why this guy isn't on all over the country? suppose its just down to as and when he wants to do it, was a banging spot

Mick finnished the night off to a full floor with im guessing some old union favs along side some planet raritys. it all ended too soon for me, wanted to carry on when the lights came on.

Great night hats of to DJ's and every one involved :D

The Snake - Al Wilson

You beat me to it Cressy :D merged your one with this one, split the topic from the events talk one as there is some good worthwhile posts here.

The Snake - Al Wilson

:D the snake cressy ,bloody hell ,i know iv'e had no sleep ,but thought i was dreaming when i spotted that in ya play list .great spot ya did there.

Cracking night. Music was bang on, as was the crowd, those who were there were having the crack :D a genuine party atmosphere with people loving their music, rekindled my faith in the East Midlands scene.

Keep it at the Boat Club chaps, a good venue.

:D definite thumbs for saturday night at the boatclub, can honestly say ,i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.The last minute move was certainly worth it mick,this is a cracking venue .nice size and the dance floor was a dream to dance on,music second to none ,and as for the atmosphere ,buzzing.company top class as usual.I for one hope that the future trentsoul nites will be held here.beats union and brit in my h o.my birthday celebrations continued on into the very early hrs of this morning ,helped along by the company of the gouligans and the notts posse.thanks to all of you that came back to ours ,great end to a superb night :thumbsup: thanks for my pressies loved em.hope to see you all at the next boat .you got to try this one ,trust me you'll love it

:D definite thumbs for saturday night at the boatclub, can honestly say ,i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.The last minute move was certainly worth it mick,this is a cracking venue .nice size and the dance floor was a dream to dance on,music second to none ,and as for the atmosphere ,buzzing.company top class as usual.I for one hope that the future trentsoul nites will be held here.beats union and brit in my h o.my birthday celebrations continued on into the very early hrs of this morning ,helped along by the company of the gouligans and the notts posse.thanks to all of you that came back to ours ,great end to a superb night :thumbsup: thanks for my pressies loved em.hope to see you all at the next boat .you got to try this one ,trust me you'll love it

Didn't know it was your birthday, many happy returns...looks like you had a good 'un :yes:

Didn't know it was your birthday, many happy returns...looks like you had a good 'un :thumbsup:

:thumbup: Thanks chalky,like yourself i am having a two week long birthday.started on halloween my official birthday ,through to sat at boat ,then celebrating again at the weekend with the girls ,as it is mandy's on sunday.never got to say hello to you at boat .but thats because i was buzzing in the great atmosphere lol.brill night.

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

:thumbsup: definite thumbs for saturday night at the boatclub, can honestly say ,i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.The last minute move was certainly worth it mick,this is a cracking venue .nice size and the dance floor was a dream to dance on,music second to none ,and as for the atmosphere ,buzzing.company top class as usual.I for one hope that the future trentsoul nites will be held here.beats union and brit in my h o.my birthday celebrations continued on into the very early hrs of this morning ,helped along by the company of the gouligans and the notts posse.thanks to all of you that came back to ours ,great end to a superb night :thumbup: thanks for my pressies loved em.hope to see you all at the next boat .you got to try this one ,trust me you'll love it

Twas indeed a top night Caz , here,s to many more of them down there.Top DJ of the night was definitley(IMHO) Jimmy back at yours,my kind of music.Anyway hats off to all involved in putting on a cracking night. :yes:

Yes Mick it seems all Mandy`s hard work with the camera and all the glued on posse smiles us punters endured was for nought, as the images have dissipated into the ether :huh: But hey who needs pictures when we have our memories :D

Yes a great night, even though some little local scumbag took a key to mine and my mates and most probably others and left me with a £250 reminder of the night. :D This will not however stop my travels to the city of Sherwood, but where is bloody Robin of Loxley when you need him. :D

im not going to go over the top in discribing what a night this was,brilliant,fantastic,awesome,great music, a great crowd ,a top venue ,cant pick a top dj spot they were all 10 outer 10.thanx to cressy for getting there to listen to my spot at 8 along with the other 6 people,hope the travellers enjoyed themselfs because they are part of what made this night so good,thanx to the gooolies for coming back to my place and having a good laugh, playing toons,and whatever else we did cant remember :D

well done mick cant wait for the next one

cheers bish

• 3 weeks later...