Chris L

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thought you'd get at least one reply Chris.... I've never seen a copy of this but I'm sometimes a bit suspicious of double siders with different artists, spartan looking labels with little or no info on etc...

...cue loads of examples to prove me wrong..

Social source share

1 hour ago, SoulStu said:

Thought you'd get at least one reply Chris.... I've never seen a copy of this but I'm sometimes a bit suspicious of double siders with different artists, spartan looking labels with little or no info on etc...

...cue loads of examples to prove me wrong..

SS ain't like it woz......................:lol: There are some legit labels with some Spellbinders stuff, plus a few more less than legal. Couldn't find anything on the net so I'm guessing some sort of boot. Strange because "For you" is hardly rare.

Social source share

"For you" isn't rare but "What can be" certainly is. It's the flip to the Astors excellent "Just enough to hurt me" - this 45 is among the top 10 Stax rarities. Part of the reason that Stax 45 is hard is because of a low pressing run combined with demand from deep and doowop collectors for the "What" side. I guess this Sparta thing has been pressed to satisfy fans from that genre / deep and sweets etc. Clearly contemporary job and I doubt the legitimacy unless someone proves me wrong. My guess is this been pressed to sell for the "What can it be" side particularly. 

Edited by Windlesoul
Social source share

The Surinamse "sounds" (Holland) don't care so much about rarity and is nothing like the "popcorn" Belgian sounds where their dancing pace dictate the record of the day. Also the Surinamese don't bother about a continuous danceable "pace" and they do favor the (sometimes cheesy "glossy, golden, poppy, raunchy or crooner's" VOCALS side of oldies that you do get in 'for you' by the Spellbinders IMHO... Never heard that side of the Astors though...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!