Soul Of The Barrio 18 November

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

i've heard that this is a really top nite and i'm planning to come to the next event on 18 november

hoping a coupla northern soul virgins will be coming with us - have you got a flyer u can post up which i can show them?

:D

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

i've heard that this is a really top nite and i'm planning to come to the next event on 18 november

hoping a coupla northern soul virgins will be coming with us - have you got a flyer u can post up which i can show them?

:D

....This event is run by really nice people, and they thoroughly deserve the support of anyone who is at a loose end for a night out on the 18th. I, unfortunately, am not at said loose end, having been sequestered to be the evening's designated driver of the 'Bisley Express', but I am looking forward to getting to Blackstock Road sooner rather than later...

Hope you and your 'virgins' have a great time, Mark!

TONE :D

Guest Karen Heath

:ohmy:

Guest Karen Heath

....This event is run by really nice people, and they thoroughly deserve the support of anyone who is at a loose end for a night out on the 18th. I, unfortunately, am not at said loose end, having been sequestered to be the evening's designated driver of the 'Bisley Express', but I am looking forward to getting to Blackstock Road sooner rather than later...

Hope you and your 'virgins' have a great time, Mark!

TONE smile.gif

It's a shame you can't come.....was looking forward to further discussions of a sit-com nature! :lol:

Guest Karen Heath

Hi Karen is Tony S on at the next SOTB so no 60ts.

Hello!

Tony is not on for this one but that doesn't mean it will be just modern!

Dave Taylor and Victor both include 60s in their repertoires and Terry Jones is not averse to a 60s spin himself!! :yes:

It will be Across the Board as usual.......60's through to 00's-don't panic!!

K

Edited by Karen Heath
Guest Karen Heath

Just a few days to go now until Soul of the Barrio this Saturday.....with the lovely Terry Jones spinning alongside Dave Taylor and resident Victor Sanchez.

It will be the usual eclectic mix of soul from 60's to now and hopefully good fun to be had by all!

I don't know if anyone heard Peter Young mention it on his soul show on the weekend but he was very enthusiastic. More enthusiastic people needed please!! :lol:

It is a great venue with a good dancefloor and lounge seating so you can sit in comfort and sip your Babycham in style! :huh:

Just a few days to go now until Soul of the Barrio this Saturday.....with the lovely Terry Jones spinning alongside Dave Taylor and resident Victor Sanchez.

It will be the usual eclectic mix of soul from 60's to now and hopefully good fun to be had by all!

I don't know if anyone heard Peter Young mention it on his soul show on the weekend but he was very enthusiastic. More enthusiastic people needed please!! :(

It is a great venue with a good dancefloor and lounge seating so you can sit in comfort and sip your Babycham in style! :(

Now then now then don't forget the pool! yes the pool. How's about that for a good night out.

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Guest claude rains

That's put my mind at ezz!

Anyway I like Victor's LP tracks, a real treat and a what a great Venue.

Hello

Thanks for the support its only the third night, though we hope it will go from strength to strength. We think there are a lot of people interested in hearing differing types of soul. I myself will be playing across the board from 60's through to 70's, 80's and few 90's. Victor has some fantastic records from 60's upto new release. Terry you all know as being the main man at many do's playing an eclectic mix in his own village soul way. Friends have been showing a lot of support, now its time for other people to come and enjoy one of the best soul nights in london. We must thank Tony & Jet, Teff & Sharon, Mark Taylor, Ivor Jones, Wendy, Angelo & Beth, Lisa & Gareth, Ben Summers and many others who have come down showed support and said how much they enjoyed it. A big thank you to Karen Heath for promoting and generally being wonderful. I hope to see more people on saturday who would like to hear Fantastic tunes in a great venue, run by people who love Soul Music.

Love & Best Wishes David .T.

Edited by claude rains
Guest Karen Heath

We'Re Doing Fine - the dimensions -prophonics

11594 refosoul

Cute little Detroit number.

Sorry dear,

Is there a profound reason why you have posted that sound clip? If so, it has whoooooooooshed over my head like the fastest rocket you ever did see! :shhh::)

Edited by Karen Heath

Good luck with the night :thumbsup: you deserve it as everyone involed seems to have so much passion for the music we love hope its a huge success biggrin.gif we have the honour of Terry's company every two months In Sunderland at Village soul for the most amazing night of soulful music from the 60t's to some amazing unreleased tracks shhh.gif ..If you have the right crowd he will blow the roof off ..

Good luck :lol:

www.myspace.com/villagesoul

Guest andyrattigan

Good luck with Soul of the Barrio tonight. I will make it in at some stage over the next few months. I hear its a cracking night. Financial issues prevent me from getting there. sad.gif See you and Viktor at the next 100 club perhaps.

Regards

Andrew

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Yes I'm sure that it'll be wonderful in spite of T.J (only joking, we've been friends for 35 years, and I love the guy's work...)

I'll be at Bisley (my turn to drive, and all that) but I'll be with you in spirit and hopefully in person early in 2007.

Break both legs!

TONE biggrin.gif

Thanks Pierre, Andrew, Tone and Karen...see you there sometime! Have a good night.

One last big bum p. biggrin.gif

what a pity it clashes with the biggest night in the south

we are always looking for new nites to attend

any more dates booked?

moldie