Playlist - Soul Essence 35 - The Jim Wray Lounge

48 minutes ago, Scotters said:

Not sure if anyone's still bothered with playlists these days but here goes anyway to share some Easter Soul.

Brian Goucher unfortunately couldn't make it to Yarmouth this year so I was a reluctant (but grateful) sub in the famous Lounge...superbly relocated in The Burlington Hotel right on the sea-front....a fun few hours early on the Friday night alongside DJs Dave Halsall, Alex Subinas & Dave Grimes playing various genres and tempos in the company of a few dozen other like minded souls.

Then opened up the Saturday session before sitting back to soak up several hours of amazing soul from collectors and DJs including Pete Mattock, Steve Guarnori, Andy Etheridge, Blake Helliwell, Tricky, Rob Hurcomb, John Farrell and Sid Clayton. Hopefully one or two of those guys might also list what they played as it really was a great soul session from 11am through to 8pm, sea views out of the window and bar only 10 yards away!:D

Friday eve:

Gene Jackson - 1963

Lee Fields & The Expressions - I'm coming home

The Michigan Soul Searchers - Where could I go

Operation Faith - Saved by the King (feat. Pastor Harold Johnson)

Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul - Prayer for my children

Durand Jones & The Indications - Is it any wonder

Carmelita - Isn't it lonely

F.J. Jones - Gone and found another

Bernadette Bascom - I don't wanna lose your love

Talmadge Armstrong and the Escotts - Give it up

Natural Impulse - She went away

The Lovations - (I keep singing) la la la ooh

Cast of Magic Band - Don't say no

Collaboration - Where is love

The Fabulous Malibus - My love

Little Gregory & The Concepts - Look and you'll see

Dynamite Dyous & The Green Tree Express - You made my living worth while

2001 Black Essence - When you walk alone with love

The Love Experience - Waiting for your love

Carlos Wright with Purple Mundi - Man from the sky

Saturday starters:

Soft Touch - Look up, look down

Billy Peterson Jr - Color one tear black

Ivy Jo Hunter - Yea, yea, yea

Curtis Wiggins - Can't buy love with money

Veda Brown - Play Brother, play Sister

Sandra Phillips - Hoping you'll come back

Jo Ann Garrett - I've gotta be loved

Gene Jackson - You're gonna get hurt

Liz Vice - Empty me out

Doug Harris & Vishun - Bright side

Inez Andrews - Lord I love thee

The Village Choir - Talk to me sometimes

Jo Jo and The Outcast - Why baby

The Demands - Let me be myself

Harlem Meat Company - I'm not gonna be anybody's fool

Blue & Ferris - It's your turn to cry

Saun & Starr - In the night

The Dontells - Move on down the line

...More of the same at The Sunday Soul Sessions on 14th May at The Stanwick Hotel for anyone interested. 

Cheers, Steve:thumbsup:

Nice one Steve.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, still diggin said:

Once again the Jim wray lounge brought us another fine selection of that bottomless pitt of down beat soul. The great thing I find is the number of brilliant recordings by well known artists that are new to me or had been overlooked., not to mention the very rare 45s. All the sets I got to listen to had a good number of head scratchers or a visit to the decks. So as a request from Scotters, my selection went like this -

Glenn Gray & Cecily Walls                     'I do believe in love'                                       S.G

Obrey & Bernice                                    ' Let me lay with you tonight'                         Jed

Jeanie Reynolds & the Re- leets            ' I don't mess around                                      Washington

Denise La Salle                                       ' I'm over You'                                                 Westbound

Lee hurst                                                 'Whole lot of your love'                                 A&M

Billy Butler                                               'Love grows bitter                                          Brunswick

Willie Hobbs                                            'Love'em and leave 'em                                 Silver Fox

Hoagy Lands                                            'Remiisce'                                                       Spectrum

Presley Strong                                         ' Let's be together'                                           31st Century

Darnell Pittman                                         'You hurt me'                                                  Dean

O' Jays                                                       'Now he's home'                                            Little Star

Devastations                                             ' What makes me feel this way'                      Gimp

Junction                                                    ' Lets try it again'                                             Fos- Glo

100% Pure Poison                                     'Dont let your pride'                                        DRL

Hard Tymes with the Hard Tymes band     'I ask a question'                                            Ruby

Homegrown Syndrome                               ' Just you and me'                                         Arista

W.T jones                                                     'Is it all for you'                                              W.T P roductions

Cheers Andy

As one would expect from Mr Etheridge, awesome stuff

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Scotters said:

Not sure if anyone's still bothered with playlists these days but here goes anyway to share some Easter Soul.

Brian Goucher unfortunately couldn't make it to Yarmouth this year so I was a reluctant (but grateful) sub in the famous Lounge...superbly relocated in The Burlington Hotel right on the sea-front....a fun few hours early on the Friday night alongside DJs Dave Halsall, Alex Subinas & Dave Grimes playing various genres and tempos in the company of a few dozen other like minded souls, not forgetting Mr Gregg Jackson in the room just hanging out and listening in / chatting to everyone before his performance in the main room on Saturday night and a couple of surprise songs in The Lounge on Saturday afternoon! Brilliant..well done again Pat & everyone involved:thumbsup:

Then opened up the Saturday session before sitting back to soak up several hours of amazing soul from collectors and DJs including Pete Mattock, Steve Guarnori, Andy Etheridge, Blake Helliwell, Tricky, Rob Hurcomb, John Farrell and Sid Clayton. Hopefully one or two of those guys might also list what they played as it really was a great soul session from 11am through to 8pm, sea views out of the window and bar only 10 yards away!:D

Friday eve:

Gene Jackson - 1963 (no relation to Gregg Jackson, so I'm told! Great recent release.)

Lee Fields & The Expressions - I'm coming home

The Michigan Soul Searchers - Where could I go

Operation Faith - Saved by the King (feat. Pastor Harold Johnson)

Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul - Prayer for my children

Durand Jones & The Indications - Is it any wonder

Carmelita - Isn't it lonely

F.J. Jones - Gone and found another

Bernadette Bascom - I don't wanna lose your love

Talmadge Armstrong and the Escotts - Give it up

Natural Impulse - She went away

The Lovations - (I keep singing) la la la ooh

Cast of Magic Band - Don't say no

Collaboration - Where is love

The Fabulous Malibus - My love

Little Gregory & The Concepts - Look and you'll see

Dynamite Dyous & The Green Tree Express - You made my living worth while

2001 Black Essence - When you walk alone with love

The Love Experience - Waiting for your love

Carlos Wright with Purple Mundi - Man from the sky

Saturday starters:

Soft Touch - Look up, look down

Billy Peterson Jr - Color one tear black

Ivy Jo Hunter - Yea, yea, yea

Curtis Wiggins - Can't buy love with money

Veda Brown - Play Brother, play Sister

Sandra Phillips - Hoping you'll come back

Jo Ann Garrett - I've gotta be loved

Gene Jackson - You're gonna get hurt

Liz Vice - Empty me out

Doug Harris & Vishun - Bright side

Inez Andrews - Lord I love thee

The Village Choir - Talk to me sometimes

Jo Jo and The Outcast - Why baby

The Demands - Let me be myself

Harlem Meat Company - I'm not gonna be anybody's fool

Blue & Ferris - It's your turn to cry

Saun & Starr - In the night

The Dontells - Move on down the line

...More of the same at The Sunday Soul Sessions on 14th May at The Stanwick Hotel for anyone interested. 

Cheers, Steve:thumbsup:

Way to go Steve, some great stuff there

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mark R said:

Hope my old mate Goucher's OK?  Unusual for him to miss Yahmuff so hope all's well with him!

Cheers,
Mark R

Hi Mark, Yes he's ok..just couldn't make this one unfortunately, but out and about again and taking the p1ss / winding everyone up again soon I'm sure :D:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Thanks Steve for putting me on as last minute replacement,here's my playlist in no particular order.

Vera Powell   I didn't know how happy I could be 

Eddie Perrell   You've lost that loving feeling

Aretha Franklin   Follow your heart

The Whispers   I only meant to wet my feet

Maurice Long   I don't love you anymore

Reggie Sadler Revue   Just wait and see

Hector Rivera and the Latin Renaissance  I want you I need you I love you

Joe Bataan  If I were a king

Love Peace and Happiness   Lonesome lonely and alone

John Bowie  At the end of the day

Al Gardner  Just the touch of your hand

Rick James  Teardrops

Freddie North  Oh Lord what are you doing to me

Shirley Brown    Woman to woman

Barbara Mason   From his woman to you

The Bar-Kays feat. Shirley Brown   We can't stay together

Pierre Copeland   Safe and Warm

Think that's the lot if you want to hear more of the same get yourself down to Stanwick in May you know it makes sense 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!