Mod66's profile photo

Anyone remember the Heartbeat Bradford

Freebasing Mod66

Posted

Does anyone remember the Heartbeat in Bradford before it changed to Annabella's.

I met my wife Diane (nee Robinson) there on a trip up from my home in the Midlands.

We were regulars in 1970/71.

Her friends were Janice, Julie and Carol

Paul

• Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes, remember it well. I also met my wife there in 1968!

soul source url
Posted

I remember the Heartbeat very well - Penny Farthing too. I went to both occasionally, but more often at some all-nighter though - usually the Wheel. There's a Bradford mod reunion at The Harold Club. Low Moor, Huddersfield Road Bradford on the 25th May - Steve Dalton is running it - he used to DJ at the Heartbeat in the 1960s. Really hoping to catch up with some of my old mod mates from back in the day! More info on Soul@theHarold soul source page, or on the club's facebook page. 

soul source url
Posted

Does anyone remember the Hole in the Wall - Cellar Bar - Pack Horse - Market Tavern - String o' Beads? All 1960s Bradford mod hangouts - I used to go in all of them in my misspent teenage years lol

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.