Albums Without Their Sleeves

Girthdevon

Always an annoying one - coming across a nice mint album thats lost its sleeve along the way.....or a sleeve in great shape with hammered vinyl inside, or the wrong LP altogether.... :D:D

Its a great feeling :huh: when your able to marry them up, especially when its a rare piece.... :D

Anyone got a sleeve for this Near Mint Gordy compilation I found over the weekend....u pay the post and its yours......or i'll buy your sleeve.....

post-1927-1162824297_thumb.jpg

or how about a nice sleeve for this funk album.....i've been looking for years..... :(

post-1927-1162824684_thumb.jpg

I know you've all got at least one sitting on the racks.....how about an album sleeve swapshop !!!

Cheers Girth

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello Girth , I remember finding a 4 Tops UK EP in a local shop recently , but without the sleeve .By luck a few months later I found a guy at a car - boot who had the sleeve , but no record inside - amazing eh ? I've got an Ella Fitzgerald Reprise album with Get Ready on that hasn't got a sleeve , if anyone can help .Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Hello Girth , I remember finding a 4 Tops UK EP in a local shop recently , but without the sleeve .By luck a few months later I found a guy at a car - boot who had the sleeve , but no record inside - amazing eh ? I've got an Ella Fitzgerald Reprise album with Get Ready on that hasn't got a sleeve , if anyone can help .Best ,Eddie

Used to have a mint UK Oriole Martha & Vandellas Come And Get These Memories LP without a sleeve. Spent ages trying to find one for it, finally found someone who had a sleeve but ended up selling them the LP to put inside it :D

Social source share

My mate found a hi=lites album cover mint at the boot yesterday,he`s off to look for the LP that goes inside tomorow $1500 if he finds it,pikey`s eh,cant read,so i allways chekc em`,once i got a ep,inside Eric Clapton on Purda,1965 mint,50 made i think,sold it for £50 only,stupid or what.

Social source share

My mate found a hi=lites album cover mint at the boot yesterday,he`s off to look for the LP that goes inside tomorow $1500 if he finds it,pikey`s eh,cant read,so i allways chekc em`,once i got a ep,inside Eric Clapton on Purda,1965 mint,50 made i think,sold it for £50 only,stupid or what.

Ken, the few Purdah releases that came out in the mid-60s were all limited to 99 copies - something about purchase tax avoidance I think.

Social source share

Ken, the few Purdah releases that came out in the mid-60s were all limited to 99 copies - something about purchase tax avoidance I think.

He should have avoided making the thing,total crap!! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Always an annoying one - coming across a nice mint album thats lost its sleeve along the way.....or a sleeve in great shape with hammered vinyl inside, or the wrong LP altogether.... :thumbsup::lol:

Its a great feeling :yes: when your able to marry them up, especially when its a rare piece.... :D

Anyone got a sleeve for this Near Mint Gordy compilation I found over the weekend....u pay the post and its yours......or i'll buy your sleeve.....

post-1927-1162824297_thumb.jpg

or how about a nice sleeve for this funk album.....i've been looking for years..... :D

post-1927-1162824684_thumb.jpg

I know you've all got at least one sitting on the racks.....how about an album sleeve swapshop !!!

Cheers Girth

Hi Girth

Although I can't help with the Albums you have mentioned.

What a good Idea - ".....how about an album sleeve swapshop !!!"

I hope you are successful in finding them.

Social source share

I think brenda Hollaway When I'm Gone was getting loads of plays around 79 at wigan and I got a copy of the Motown 16 big hits Vol 4, with it on, without a sleeve in a junk shop. not bad condition. about 10 years later I found the sleeve at a car boot. Well chuffed.

Paul

Social source share

I think brenda Hollaway When I'm Gone was getting loads of plays around 79 at wigan and I got a copy of the Motown 16 big hits Vol 4, with it on, without a sleeve in a junk shop. not bad condition. about 10 years later I found the sleeve at a car boot. Well chuffed.

Paul

Thats what I mean - it can sometimes take years to marry em together - so great when you do.......when I was @ Crazy Beat we used to have loads of lone vinyl & sleeves all over the place....except when you did find one half you could never find the other :huh:

Girf 'Cilla' Devon

Social source share

for years i have had copy of Wilson Pickett 1979 LP I Want You without a sleeve today in Oxfam I got one with a sleeve !

Fantastic track 'Shameless' on it a sort of rare groove two stepper (!) great track .lyrically Sam Dees could have wrote it (I think anyway), but he never.

Title track is ok too, so now I have spare vinyl on it.

Social source share

every time i come across one of the records without sleeve in my collection and vice versa (like the ones i picked up at flea-markets in the beginning of my collecting-career without checking the contents, e.g. to find a tower of power-lp in the james brown live at the apollo-sleeve...) i thought why doesn´t someone do a website for collectors worldwide to find the missing pieces together again? but on the other hand... it would probably result in endless discussions :thumbsup: who of the two owners will get the matched ones...

Social source share

Reminds me of a story doing the rounds pre Katrina in New Orleans. This dealer has all his stock of rare rock LPs in a van which he parks up in the hotel, the night before a record fair.

These two dudes come buy and steal the van overnight. On discovering the LPs in the back they systematically remove all of the covers and throw them away - we are talking rare rock LPs here, loads of them. They then go to some record shop (by which time the word is on the street) and try and resell all these rock rarities minus covers. Swift call to 911 and the two dudes are "bagged, tagged" and sent off to a correctional facility pending trial. Whilst the records were retrieved, sadly the covers were never located.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!