New York Soul Trip?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good luck with the trip, we were planning to be there end of Nov for Helens birthday but the price is double what it usually is, i was struggling to get a quote under 900 quid for 4 nights. I think we will go in January instead. Not that I`m bothered to be honest, I`ve been twice this year already...but it would be here first time....

Chris

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

Club Opus 22 is another good one, but I will have to call ahead for when the Soul DJs will be playing:

https://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/4174...ny/opus_22.html

Word to the wise: drink before you get to the clubs...the prices for drinks, expecially on the weekends, are RIDICULOUS! And I am from NYC! smile.gif

I went here earlier in the year - and before the shooting!- had a great night there. was hanging around waiting for someone and chatting to who i initially thought was the doorman, but turned out to be DJ Evil Dee of the Beatminerz, who was djing later on.

He played a set that initially at least included a lot of good but quite well known old soul, rare groove tracks - can't remember exactly what but stuff like the Bottle. The break dancing crews were in, again good fun, but I just thought it a bit odd that they were 'performing' to quite traditional soul records - didin't seem quite electro enough.

Sunday night I think it was but things move so fast its probably changed now.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

I went here earlier in the year - and before the shooting!- had a great night there. was hanging around waiting for someone and chatting to who i initially thought was the doorman, but turned out to be DJ Evil Dee of the Beatminerz, who was djing later on.

He played a set that initially at least included a lot of good but quite well known old soul, rare groove tracks - can't remember exactly what but stuff like the Bottle. The break dancing crews were in, again good fun, but I just thought it a bit odd that they were 'performing' to quite traditional soul records - didin't seem quite electro enough.

Sunday night I think it was but things move so fast its probably changed now.

Yes I agree...BEFORE the shootings! yes.gif

The last time I was there, I didn't see the breakers...things do change at Opus!

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

subway soul is the spot to be at, and december is their anniversary so they will be pulling out all the stops. residents include greg tormo (who some collectors on this site will know), miss shing-a-ling (kim fuller who works for jazzman) and lynne k. who is also tops. highly recommended.

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!