Euro 100 Club Nighter

Well, for me it was "the most beautiful nightmare" ever...why that I hear you ask ? Well, of course the night down at the 100 Club was great if not awesome (to me anyway). It always has been sth special for me (especially as a guy from the continent who can`t always attend) to be there, but to be given the chance to play some records at this place was a dream come true to say the least. I was so nervous I couldn`t eat whole day...well, I can do with some stone(s) less :lol: so that wasn`t doing me any harm. We (my girlfriend and I ) arrived pretty late at about half past 11 pm at Liverpool street and up we went in a taxi to meet up with Keb, Butch, Trickster and Etsu at Madame JoJo`s..after two pints and some dancing moments Trickster reminded me on the time and up again it was this time to head for the 100 Club. We were there right on time (1.30am) just to find the place already being nice packed. Roccia was on as Eduardo wasn`t yet there and the dancefloor was already in swing to some nice NS classics played by Roccia.

After that it was over to Stephane from Paris, the place already being crowded. It was so great to meet Jon Buck again and having a pint and talk with him as well as with other friendly and familliar faces (hello Kenny and Mick !). Special thanks go to one Berlin Soul girl who made the feffort to travel all the way for that night on her own without letting me know before and of course Polly who came down all the way from Southport Weekender just for that night... At 3.00 the floor was in full action so I had the job to keep it that way after Stephane (thankfully I suceeded). After me it was John from Dublin who just like Stephane and Eduardo and Roccia played a great set. Ady joined in and had the floor busy at the highest level. Then it was all dj´s in the same line up again and after my last set at around half past six (which had a sweating Keb Darge on the floor to some "hot" 7ts :huh: ) John and Eduardo again kept the floor busy until Ady finished the night with the last three awesome tunes.

At around 9 it was time to leave, tired, hungry and so full of positive energy. I have memories of all great allnighters (of course) I have been to, but I am sure that the memories of this particular night will linger on forever.

Again I have to express my thanks for having been given the chance to play some tunes at the 100 Club !

So much for the positive side of things..over to the negative aspects...the hotel I booked a room at seemed to be unreachable...at least from my phone. The situation even became worse as no taxi driver seemed to know the adress despite the hotel being "near to Oxford street" :ohmy: ...so it was down to walking in hope to find sth to sleep at until the plane would leave sunday evening at 7. However, after a walk across Trafalgar (what a sight on a sunday at half past nine in the morning!) and a full English we finally managed to find a taxi driver who knew the hotel.

To cut it short, the room was NOT reserved :ohmy: Despite the web advert it was not 75 UKP but 185 UKP :yes::( but thankfully the girl at the reception had a heart and obviously was into Soul music...she gave us her last room for 80 UKP :):yes:

So after four hrs sleep it was off again to head for Standsted...we arrived there fairly on time but had to wait half an hour to check in...which wouldn`t have been that bad if the following line/qeue at the security check wouldn`t have been the longest I have ever ever witnessed...soon as I realised that it was going thru the whole airport (ever been to Stansted ?) I realised with still one and a half hour to go that we would never ever make it to the plane. The scene we had to witness was unbelievable. Next to us of course were tens if not hundreds of people who were realizing that they wouldn`t get their plane so there was for example one obviously east-european old lady who begged the officers on her knees crying (not joking!) to let her thru as she can`t afford a new ticket, others already came back totally shocked after having had to realize they missed their planes due to having been to long in that security control check line...others before and behind us tried to phone home to inform their relatives. It was a shameful situation, not one I would have expected in Britain or any other civilzied Eurpopean country. Somehow like this things must look like when war breaks out or a catastrophe is at hand and people try to escape... The security people showed no heart to noone and let noone cue in first if they had to get to their plane(s). However, at ten to 7 (exactly our scheduled time for departure) we were (f-i-n-a-l-l-y) at the entrance to that security check...too late to catch the plane as we still had to face and pass the controlls. A useless effort.

I can not understand how on earth the security can work so inefficiently and slow in resulting hundreds of people missing their flights. However, for us it was back to Ryan air, getting those pound notes out again ( watch this space for new record sales by yours truly soon..) and organizing a b&b (last pound notes out please....) as the new flight would be at 6 in the morning.

the place today morning at four when we came back from the b&b (no words..) was (again) a real nightmare. People sleeping with and without sleep-bags everywhere and nowhere...a real mess all over the place. We finally made it on the plane to face yet another one hour delay sitting in the plane. You think the captain or anyone of the crew would tell you what it is all about ? Dream on, you are in a Ryan Air plane ...Simply unbelievable....the night- mare finally ended after I fell down at Berlin security passport control and luckily managed not fall on my record box.

So Stansted and ryan air brought a bad taste into what was one hell of a great weekend.

Thanks again :yes:

My playlist in order

first set 3.00 - 3.30

Jokers Soul Sounds

Joe Matthews Nothing You Can Do

Bobby "Guitar" Wood It`s Mighty Nice to Know

Dewey Black Taking Love Where I Find It

Little Stanley Outta Sight Loving

Hayes Cotton Black Wings Have My Angel

Liberation Street Singers Love Is In The Air

Joe Jama My Life

Tommy Ridgeley My Love Is Getting Stronger

Ray & Dave Wrong Wrong Wrong

Rocky Gil It`s Not The End

Imperial C`s Someone Tell Her

Soul Bros. Inc Teardrops

Joys Of Life Good Times Are Over

second set 6.15 - 6.45

Frankie "The Loveman" Crocker Ton Of Dynamite

Rokk Patience

Dennis Landry Sing My Song

Brothers Gilmore I Feel A Song

Freedom Can`t You See

Timeless Legend I Was Born To Love You

Vanguards Good Times Bad Times

Sensations Gonna Step Aside

Psychedelic Frankie Puttinng You Out Of My Life

Joe Walker This Is My Last Goodbye

Delegates Of Soul I`ll Come Running Back

Archie Bell & The Drells A 1000 Wonders

Edited by Marc Forrest
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kid mohair

Well, for me it was "the most beautiful nightmare" ever...why that I hear you ask ? Well, of course the night down at the 100 Club was great if not awesome (to me anyway). It always has been sth special for me (especially as a guy from the continent who can`t always attend) to be there, but to be given the chance to play some records at this place was a dream come true to say the least. I was so nervous I couldn`t eat whole day...well, I can do with some stone(s) less :) so that wasn`t doing me any harm. We (my girlfriend and I ) arrived pretty late at about half past 11 pm at Liverpool street and up we went in a taxi to meet up with Keb, Butch, Trickster and Etsu at Madame JoJo`s..after two pints and some dancing moments Trickster reminded me on the time and up again it was this time to head for the 100 Club. We were there right on time (1.30am) just to find the place already being nice packed. Roccia was on as Eduardo wasn`t yet there and the dancefloor was already in swing to some nice NS classics played by Roccia.

After that it was over to Stephane from Paris, the place already being crowded. It was so great to meet Jon Buck again and having a pint and talk with him as well as with other friendly and familliar faces (hello Kenny and Mick !). Special thanks go to one Berlin Soul girl who made the feffort to travel all the way for that night on her own without letting me know before and of course Polly who came down all the way from Southport Weekender just for that night... At 3.00 the floor was in full action so I had the job to keep it that way after Stephane (thankfully I suceeded). After me it was John from Dublin who just like Stephane and Eduardo and Roccia played a great set. Ady joined in and had the floor busy at the highest level. Then it was all dj´s in the same line up again and after my last set at around half past six (which had a sweating Keb Darge on the floor to some "hot" 7ts :huh: ) John and Eduardo again kept the floor busy until Ady finished the night with the last three awesome tunes.

At around 9 it was time to leave, tired, hungry and so full of positive energy. I have memories of all great allnighters (of course) I have been to, but I am sure that the memories of this particular night will linger on forever.

Again I have to express my thanks for having been given the chance to play some tunes at the 100 Club !

So much for the positive side of things..over to the negative aspects...the hotel I booked a room at seemed to be unreachable...at least from my phone. The situation even became worse as no taxi driver seemed to know the adress despite the hotel being "near to Oxford street" :lol: ...so it was down to walking in hope to find sth to sleep at until the plane would leave sunday evening at 7. However, after a walk across Trafalgar (what a sight on a sunday at half past nine in the morning!) and a full English we finally managed to find a taxi driver who knew the hotel.

To cut it short, the room was NOT reserved :ohmy: Despite the web advert it was not 75 UKP but 185 UKP :yes::( but thankfully the girl at the reception had a heart and obviously was into Soul music...she gave us her last room for 80 UKP :(:yes:

So after four hrs sleep it was off again to head for Standsted...we arrived there fairly on time but had to wait half an hour to check in...which wouldn`t have been that bad if the following line/qeue at the security check wouldn`t have been the longest I have ever ever witnessed...soon as I realised that it was going thru the whole airport (ever been to Stansted ?) I realised with still one and a half hour to go that we would never ever make it to the plane. The scene we had to witness was unbelievable. Next to us of course were tens if not hundreds of people who were realizing that they wouldn`t get their plane so there was for example one obviously east-european old lady who begged the officers on her knees crying (not joking!) to let her thru as she can`t afford a new ticket, others already came back totally shocked after having had to realize they missed their planes due to having been to long in that security control check line...others before and behind us tried to phone home to inform their relatives. It was a shameful situation, not one I would have expected in Britain or any other civilzied Eurpopean country. Somehow like this things must look like when war breaks out or a catastrophe is at hand and people try to escape... The security people showed no heart to noone and let noone cue in first if they had to get to their plane(s). However, at ten to 7 (exactly our scheduled time for departure) we were (f-i-n-a-l-l-y) at the entrance to that security check...too late to catch the plane as we still had to face and pass the controlls. A useless effort.

I can not understand how on earth the security can work so inefficiently and slow in resulting hundreds of people missing their flights. However, for us it was back to Ryan air, getting those pound notes out again ( watch this space for new record sales by yours truly soon..) and organizing a b&b (last pound notes out please....) as the new flight would be at 6 in the morning.

the place today morning at four when we came back from the b&b (no words..) was (again) a real nightmare. People sleeping with and without sleep-bags everywhere and nowhere...a real mess all over the place. We finally made it on the plane to face yet another one hour delay sitting in the plane. You think the captain or anyone of the crew would tell you what it is all about ? Dream on, you are in a Ryan Air plane ...Simply unbelievable....the night- mare finally ended after I fell down at Berlin security passport control and luckily managed not fall on my record box.

So Stansted and ryan air brought a bad taste into what was one hell of a great weekend.

Thanks again :yes:

My playlist in order

first set 3.00 - 3.30

Jokers Soul Sounds

Joe Jama My Life

second set 6.15 - 6.45

Rokk Patience

Freedom Can`t You See

JOE MATTHEWS aint nothing you can do, love it :ohmy: and big bucks!!!! wish i had one......... just brilliant.

First: an enormous thanks to Ady. A dream went true...

Great night, but my english skill isn't good enough to describe it...

My playlist (surely not in order):

1st spot 1.30-2.30

Christine Cooper "Heartache Away My Boy" (Parkway)

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians "Baby Don't You Weep" (Mary Jane)

Vonettes "Touch My Heart" (Cobblestone)

Constellations "I Didn't Know How To" (Gemini Star)

Eddie Spencer "If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely)" (Arc)

Cliff Nobles "My Love Is Getting Stronger" (Atlantic)

Van Dykes "Save My Love For A Rainy Day" (Mala)

Luther Ingram "If It's All The Same To You Babe" (HIB)

Seven Souls "I Still Love You" (Italian CBS)

Tony Galla "In Love" (Swan)

Frank Beverly & The Butlers "If That's What You Wanted" (Sassy)

Jimmy Fraser "Of Hopes And Dreams and Tombstones (instrumental)" (Columbia) I was very nervous and played the wrong side... :ohmy::yes::huh:

Mickie Champion "What Good Am I" (Musette)

Big Daddy Rogers "I'm A Big Man" (Midas)

Wade Flemons "Jeanette" (Ramsel)

Charades "The Key To My Happiness" (MGM)

Cajun Hart "Got To Find A Way" (WB)

Darrow Fletcher "What Good Am I (Without You)" (Jacklyn)

Silky Hargraves "Keep Loving Me (Like You Do)" (Dearborn)

Jack Montgomery "Dearly Beloved" (Scepter)

Denise LaSalle "Love Reputation" (Tarpon)

Second spot 5.15-5.45

Sam Dees "Lonely For You Baby" (SSS International)

Tony Clarke "The Wrong Man" (M-S)

Herb Ward "Strange Change" (Argo)

Billy Hambric "She Said Goodbye" (Drum)

Carol & Gerri "On Your Heartache Looks Good" (MGM)

John Bowie "Youre Gonna Miss A Good Thing (Baby)" (Merben)

Imaginations "Strange Neighbourhood" (Fraternity)

Jimmy McFarland "Lonely Lover" (RPR)

Spidells "Pushed Out Of The Picture" (Coral)

Ronnie Forte "Nervous Breakdown" (Tarx)

Edited by Roccia

My playlist (surely not in order):

1st spot 1.30-2.30

Christine Cooper "Heartache Away My Boy" (Parkway)

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians "Baby Don't You Weep" (Mary Jane)

Constellations "I Didn't Know How To" (Gemini Star)

Eddie Spencer "If This Is Love (I'd Rather Be Lonely)" (Arc)

Van Dykes "Save My Love For A Rainy Day" (Mala)

Luther Ingram "If It's All The Same To You Babe" (HIB)

Seven Souls "I Still Love You" (Italian CBS)

Tony Galla "In Love" (Swan)

Frank Beverly & The Butlers "If That's What You Wanted" (Sassy)

Jimmy Fraser "Of Hopes And Dreams and Tombstones (instrumental)" (Columbia) I was very nervous and played the wrong side... :huh::yes::yes:

Mickie Champion "What Good Am I" (Musette)

Big Daddy Rogers "I'm A Big Man" (Midas)

Wade Flemons "Jeanette" (Ramsel)

Charades "The Key To My Happiness" (MGM)

Cajun Hart "Got To Find A Way" (WB)

Darrow Fletcher "What Good Am I (Without You)" (Jacklyn)

Silky Hargraves "Keep Loving Me (Like You Do)" (Dearborn)

Jack Montgomery "Dearly Beloved" (Scepter)

Denise LaSalle "Love Reputation" (Tarpon)

Second spot 5.15-5.45

Sam Dees "Lonely For You Baby" (SSS International)

Tony Clarke "The Wrong Man" (M-S)

Herb Ward "Strange Change" (Argo)

Billy Hambric "She Said Goodbye" (Drum)

Carol & Gerri "On Your Heartache Looks Good" (MGM)

John Bowie "Youre Gonna Miss A Good Thing (Baby)" (Merben)

Imaginations "Strange Neighbourhood" (Fraternity)

Jimmy McFarland "Lonely Lover" (RPR)

Spidells "Pushed Out Of The Picture" (Coral)

Ronnie Forte "Nervous Breakdown" (Tarx)

:ohmy: Now that is what I would definately be up and dancing to those,nice one :yes: Delx

:

My playlist in order

first set 3.00 - 3.30

Jokers Soul Sounds

Joe Jama My Life

second set 6.15 - 6.45

Rokk Patience

Freedom Can`t You See

Guest Tom Walsh

Fantastic night!!! Great set Roccia!

Can't wait to Dj with you 25th November!!!!!

Pete

:ohmy::yes::huh:

Hi all!

Eduard from Barcelona here...well, as both Marc and Roccia say, it was a dream come true...but maybe in not in the better possible way.

Maybe i've been a victim of my own enthusiasm here, and, to be honest, haven't been in 100 Club for four years, so i'm not sure how things have been during this time. But, anybody correct me if i'm wrong, the place was only at half of its capacity at 3 a.m...and, being brutally honest, i think that the only ones left at the end of the night were ourselves, our respective crowds (including some of our UK friends) plus Keb, Trickster and his wife. So, maybe i'm wrong, but i got the feeling that the "Euro lot" isn't too attractive for the average UK northern soul punter yet.

So, ten (twenty!) points to Ady for bringing us to Dj, i was so honoured to be there and i'll remember this for the rest of my life...but sorry, but i've never been the one with the "rosy coloured glasses" vision. I was hoping this to be a real corker and and i'm a bit frustrated it wasn't, that's all.

About the music, i especially liked Marc's set (quite brave to play things like Rokk or Freedom, me thinks) and John Dunn second set: not the usual biggies, but a really nice selection of quality northern soul dancers. My selections weren't that brave, i'm afraid...

SET 1

OTIS LEE- Hard row to hoe Quaint

CHARLES SHEFFIELD- It's your voodoo working Excello

LARRY DAVIS- I've been hurt so many times Kent

TROY DODDS- Try my love El Camino

KARMELLO BROOKS- Tell me baby Milestone

MONTCLAIRS- Hey you don't fight it Arch

WILLIE TEE- First taste of hurt Gatur

UNIQUE BLEND- Yes i'm in love Eastbound

CONSTELLATIONS- I don't know about you Gemini Star

UJIMA- I'm not ready Epic

PATTERSON TWINS- I need your love Malaco

SET 2

MARVIN GAYE- Sweet thing Tamla Uniss

DARRELL BANKS- I'm the one who really loves you Volt

LINDA JONES- I just can't live my life WB

TONY MIDDLETON- Paris blues Mala

LASHAWN COLLINS- What you gonna do Sincere

NORMA JEAN- I'm taking over your love Hep'me

INNERSECTION- I'm in debt to you Group 5

ESSEX IV- My heart just can't take it Wind Mill

BELOYD- Get into your life 20th Century

MIXED EMOTIONS- Gold of my life Rock-Way

PAGES- Heartaches and pain Sunstruck

BOBBY SHEEN- Something new to do WB

PEARL DOWELL- It's all over Saadia

So, nice to see you all and be sure i'll be @ 100 Club supporting next Euro Allnighter...i think the idea is worth it.

Edu

Hi All

thanks to ay for asking me to do it. Definitely a dream come through.

Nice atmosphere and great sounds all night (inc warm up in the Tower). Interesting point about from Eduardo about the appeal of the EC line up to local soulies.

Anyway here's what I played.....

3.30-4.00

Pat+The Blenders: Just Because (Fast Eddie)

Bonnie Herman: Hush Don't Cry (columbia)

Dee Dee Sharp: Deep Dark Secret (Cameo)

Chantels: indian Giver (Verve)

Shirley Lawson: One More Chance (Back Beat)

Cookie Jackson: do you still Love Me (Progress)

Betty Lloyd: I'm Catching On (BSC)

Little Tommy: Baby Can't You See (Sound Of Soul)

Adorables: Ohh Boy! (Golden World)

Spiedells: Dream Girl (Providence)

Tommy Navarro: I Cried My Life Away (Dejac)

Freddie Houston: If I Had Known (Old Town)

6.45-7.15

TJ Williams: Baby I Need You (Josie)

Embers: Just Crazy About You Baby (EEE)

Gary Sole: Holding On (Knight)

Falcons: Good Good Feeling (Big Wheel)

Lonnie Lester: You Can't Go (Nu-Tone)

Marion James: That's My Man (Excello)

Sydney Barnes: You'll Always Be In Style (Red Bird)

Little Gigi: I Volunteer (Decca)

Gene Holiday: Scratch My Name Off the Mailbox (Johnson)

Dottie + Millie: Talking About My Baby (Topper)

Beverly And The Del Capris: Mama I Think I'm In Love (Columbia)

Soul Bros 6: I'll Be Loving You (Atlantic)

Best

John

Love this track to bits & have wanted a copy for a while. Can someone please remind me of the details of the originals & boots etc. because i nearly bought a copy a while back & if i rememeber rightly it was on the EEE label but it turned out to be a repro, not casting any aspertions on your copy John cause i'm sure EEE is the proper label but if i remember rightly it's also been booted on this label?

Simon

Hi all!

Eduard from Barcelona here...well, as both Marc and Roccia say, it was a dream come true...but maybe in not in the better possible way.

but i got the feeling that the "Euro lot" isn't too attractive for the average UK northern soul punter yet.

Can't see why not babe,your playlist seem to be aimed for the dancers and a very good mix at that....

I was hoping this to be a real corker and and i'm a bit frustrated it wasn't, that's all.

Don't be, the strange thing about this scene, is that you could play exactly the same set somewhere else in the UK,and get a totally different reaction darling....

SET 1

SET 2

So, nice to see you all and be sure i'll be @ 100 Club supporting next Euro Allnighter...i think the idea is worth it.

With records like those, so do I mate.....Delxxx

Hi All

thanks to ay for asking me to do it. Definitely a dream come through.

Nice atmosphere and great sounds all night (inc warm up in the Tower). Interesting point about from Eduardo about the appeal of the EC line up to local soulies.

Anyway here's what I played.....

3.30-4.00

Pat+The Blenders: Just Because (Fast Eddie)

Bonnie Herman: Hush Don't Cry (columbia)

Dee Dee Sharp: Deep Dark Secret (Cameo)

Chantels: indian Giver (Verve)

Shirley Lawson: One More Chance (Back Beat)

Cookie Jackson: do you still Love Me (Progress)

Betty Lloyd: I'm Catching On (BSC)

Little Tommy: Baby Can't You See (Sound Of Soul)

Adorables: Ohh Boy! (Golden World)

Spiedells: Dream Girl (Providence)

Tommy Navarro: I Cried My Life Away (Dejac)

Freddie Houston: If I Had Known (Old Town)

6.45-7.15

TJ Williams: Baby I Need You (Josie)

Gary Sole: Holding On (Knight)

Falcons: Good Good Feeling (Big Wheel)

Lonnie Lester: You Can't Go (Nu-Tone)

Marion James: That's My Man (Excello)

Sydney Barnes: You'll Always Be In Style (Red Bird)

Little Gigi: I Volunteer (Decca)

Gene Holiday: Scratch My Name Off the Mailbox (Johnson)

Dottie + Millie: Talking About My Baby (Topper)

Beverly And The Del Capris: Mama I Think I'm In Love (Columbia)

Soul Bros 6: I'll Be Loving You (Atlantic)

Best

John

My legs are moving again, good choice of records all round from all of you Djs IMHO :ohmy: Delxx

Ladies, Gent's, European soul cousins & Kenny wink.gif

First of all may I say I really feel for Marc and the strife he went through and was coincidentaly explaining to Marco from Genoa about a similar situation that occurred to us just a couple of months ago at Stansted that was definitely not induced by the extra security measures they'd only just introduced. Really hope it didn't put you off coming over again because...............................................

...........................it was an excellent night with a cracking cross the board policy for everyone to enjoy.

I have to disagree with Eduard on the issue of numbers. I arrived at 4 and was pleasantly surprised to find the place jumping with no less a crowd than on a normal monthly event (Anniversary being the exception).

I knew before arriving that a lot of the 100 regulars would be missing for one reason or another (there was an awful lot on - would hate to think regulars classified it as a month off!) and I have to pay my respects to the likes of Messrs Butch, Smith and Hulatt for still attending albeit with sales boxes.

Believe me I'm talking from experience when I say there have been many nights which have been less attended and which disheartened the guest DJ's so much - you should feel proud and confident that all your sets were on a par with the vast majority of guests Ady has had on and I know the night was enjoyed by all I spoke to whether they'd come from the continent or from within the UK.

For me you cannot get more of a Soul purist collector/DJ than one from the continent.

Records of the night for me were Little Gigi - I volunteer and cut 2678 of Milton Bennett :lol: .

Lovely to see faces I ain't seen for a while and in particular the Italians - hope you all arrived home safely.

Personally I'd love to see another similar night as the likes of Sebastian, Christian etc DJing would really be something I'd look forward to.

Well done Ady and all those who travelled from afar.

Ladies, Gent's, European soul cousins & Kenny wink.gif

First of all may I say I really feel for Marc and the strife he went through and was coincidentaly explaining to Marco from Genoa about a similar situation that occurred to us just a couple of months ago at Stansted that was definitely not induced by the extra security measures they'd only just introduced. Really hope it didn't put you off coming over again because...............................................

...........................it was an excellent night with a cracking cross the board policy for everyone to enjoy.

I have to disagree with Eduard on the issue of numbers. I arrived at 4 and was pleasantly surprised to find the place jumping with no less a crowd than on a normal monthly event (Anniversary being the exception).

I knew before arriving that a lot of the 100 regulars would be missing for one reason or another (there was an awful lot on - would hate to think regulars classified it as a month off!) and I have to pay my respects to the likes of Messrs Butch, Smith and Hulatt for still attending albeit with sales boxes.

Believe me I'm talking from experience when I say there have been many nights which have been less attended and which disheartened the guest DJ's so much - you should feel proud and confident that all your sets were on a par with the vast majority of guests Ady has had on and I know the night was enjoyed by all I spoke to whether they'd come from the continent or from within the UK.

Hi, Steve!

I'm VERY proud of having played at 100 Club and i'm quite confident of the music i play, otherwise i wouldn't have accepted Ady's invitation. And, i said before, i'm not a regular visitor of it (i used to, but quite a long time ago), so my impressions are based on this particular night only...don't know wich other nights clashed with it either, but i guess it's something that happens every month. But i understand this was the first Euro-nighter ever to be held in UK, that made it (at least IMO) a quite special night...and, bearing this in mind, the attendance (and atmosphere) wasn't up to the standards i expected. It's nobody's fault. But if i'm asked for my opinion i can't honestly say it was a superb night, because it wasn't.

Hopefully my thoughts will make some people think that innovative, fresh proposals like this one deserve to receive more support from the scene...at least, this is the main point behind my messages.

Best!

Edu

Hi, Steve!

I'm VERY proud of having played at 100 Club and i'm quite confident of the music i play, otherwise i wouldn't have accepted Ady's invitation. And, i said before, i'm not a regular visitor of it (i used to, but quite a long time ago), so my impressions are based on this particular night only...don't know wich other nights clashed with it either, but i guess it's something that happens every month. But i understand this was the first Euro-nighter ever to be held in UK, that made it (at least IMO) a quite special night...and, bearing this in mind, the attendance (and atmosphere) wasn't up to the standards i expected. It's nobody's fault. But if i'm asked for my opinion i can't honestly say it was a superb night, because it wasn't.

Hopefully my thoughts will make some people think that innovative, fresh proposals like this one deserve to receive more support from the scene...at least, this is the main point behind my messages.

Best!

Edu

Edu

I totally agree!!!! thumbsup.gif apart from the point regarding atmosphere - rest assured it had the same atmosphere as any other good night down there - ask Mr Lupton who I've just received a message from which included a reflection of that fact. It was a great night imo.

Hi all!

Maybe i've been a victim of my own enthusiasm here, and, to be honest, haven't been in 100 Club for four years, so i'm not sure how things have been during this time. But, anybody correct me if i'm wrong, the place was only at half of its capacity at 3 a.m...and, being brutally honest, i think that the only ones left at the end of the night were ourselves, our respective crowds (including some of our UK friends) plus Keb, Trickster and his wife. So, maybe i'm wrong, but i got the feeling that the "Euro lot" isn't too attractive for the average UK northern soul punter yet.

So, ten (twenty!) points to Ady for bringing us to Dj, i was so honoured to be there and i'll remember this for the rest of my life...but sorry, but i've never been the one with the "rosy coloured glasses" vision. I was hoping this to be a real corker and and i'm a bit frustrated it wasn't, that's all.

About the music, i especially liked Marc's set (quite brave to play things like Rokk or Freedom, me thinks) and John Dunn second set: not the usual biggies, but a really nice selection of quality northern soul dancers. My selections weren't that brave, i'm afraid...

SET 1

SET 2

Edu

Hi Eduard. I for one stayed to the end and thoroughly enjoyed the night. First time I've been since the eighties so I can't truthfully comment on previous nights, but don't do yourselves an injustice.

I'd certainly attend anothr Euro night and am glad I'm off to Pisa on a friends recommendation.

Myabe Barcelona next ?

On the night there was a vibrancy (at the Tower as well) that I found refreshing (obviously not a comparison to the 100Club as I've rarely been, but to venues I have attended recently.)

Great night, and thnks to Adey, Ken, and all the dj's back in December God willing.

Edu

I totally agree!!!! thumbsup.gif apart from the point regarding atmosphere - rest assured it had the same atmosphere as any other good night down there - ask Mr Lupton who I've just received a message from which included a reflection of that fact. It was a great night imo.

Hi, Steve!

Tell Ady from me that he's the PERFECT guest, many thanks from all the Spanish crowd for his hospitality. Lovely, lovely guy... people like him really touch my heart :lol:

Best!

Edu

Edu

I totally agree!!!! :lol: apart from the point regarding atmosphere - rest assured it had the same atmosphere as any other good night down there - ask Mr Lupton who I've just received a message from which included a reflection of that fact. It was a great night imo.

Number`s were down,at the Bakcdoor,maybe i scared em`,dont know unsure.gif Steve,but it was quiet full,more than the one before the anniversary anyway whistling.gif it was a pretty good nighter in my books.Ken

Edited by ken
Guest Karen Heath

Hi, Steve!

Tell Ady from me that he's the PERFECT guest, many thanks from all the Spanish crowd for his hospitality. Lovely, lovely guy... people like him really touch my heart yes.gif

Best!

Edu

Edu,

You know I love you but I disagree with your perception of the lower attendance! I was quite impressed-there were more people there than I thought there would be. It is a funny time coming up to, but not quite christmas. You know what us British are like about the weather too-after it being warm, it suddenly turned cold which is enough to send us scurrying for our hot water bottles and a night at home in the warm!

Also, may I suggest that, shall we say, you were a little "tired" for some of the evening or were you just meditating in my car?

You did a great spot as did all the dj's and it was a fab night. I didn't hear anyone say anything negative at all. (And that's unusual!)

Hope you didn't mislay your crutch again.

K x

Edu,

You know I love you but I disagree with your perception of the lower attendance! I was quite impressed-there were more people there than I thought there would be. It is a funny time coming up to, but not quite christmas. You know what us British are like about the weather too-after it being warm, it suddenly turned cold which is enough to send us scurrying for our hot water bottles and a night at home in the warm!

Also, may I suggest that, shall we say, you were a little "tired" for some of the evening or were you just meditating in my car?

You did a great spot as did all the dj's and it was a fab night. I didn't hear anyone say anything negative at all. (And that's unusual!)

Hope you didn't mislay your crutch again.

K x

Hi, Karen!

Eeeerm...let's say it'd been a loong afternoon party in Ady's place. Yep, i was quite tired (and i don't do drugs...), got some kind of "extra-distraction" during the night :lol: and, obviously, i was kind of frustrated for not being able to dance due to my f****d up knee ranting_1.gif , something you know i love to...As i said before, i'm not a regular punter at 100, so if everybody says it was a fantastic night according to 100 Club standards i won't argue with that...

Big hug & kisses

Edu

it was a pretty good nighter in my books.Ken

Yep I'd go along with that. biggrin.gif

Numbers may have been down a wee bit. But there were other things on and people are free to go where they want. Seen it a lot emptier than that in the past.

All in all a good night I thought.

I finally got to read the comments and thank you all for taking the trouble to send in your impressions and playlists.

The nighter after the anniversary is usually a quiet one and I must admit I put the Euro night there to create more interest and inject a bit of life into a tricky fixture. I was slightly disappointed with the lack of reaction from the UK, both before and after, but the quality of music and the chance to say thank you to fellow European collectors for sticking with the music over so many years now, and broadening the appeal of our scene, was worth it. Everyone I spoke to on the night was very happy and impressed with the DJs. And if it wasn't 10/10 for atmosphere it was still a very good night and one I'll hopefully do again.

Now that I read the other commenst and great playlists I get all the memories back again, what a great night that really was. Teriffic. And I even have gotten over the Stansted affair by now thumbsup.gif Still many thanks for your understanding Steve, if you had to experience the same you know what I was talking about. Give me Heathrow any time of the day :yes:

I finally got to read the comments and thank you all for taking the trouble to send in your impressions and playlists.

The nighter after the anniversary is usually a quiet one and I must admit I put the Euro night there to create more interest and inject a bit of life into a tricky fixture. I was slightly disappointed with the lack of reaction from the UK, both before and after, but the quality of music and the chance to say thank you to fellow European collectors for sticking with the music over so many years now, and broadening the appeal of our scene, was worth it. Everyone I spoke to on the night was very happy and impressed with the DJs. And if it wasn't 10/10 for atmosphere it was still a very good night and one I'll hopefully do again.

Hi, Ady!

Once again, thanks for bringing us to Dj at 100 Club, i'm sure it's a memory we will tresor for the rest of our lives. Please keep doing it, even if it's only once a year i think it's really worth it...and, hopefully, it'll attract a bigger crowd next time. I'll be there for sure.

Best!

Eduard

I thought the music was great, particularly from Marc and Edu, but everyone played some belters. A nice blend of northern and seventies.

I'd agree the attendance was slightly lower than usual, but I thought the atmosphere was fine.

Good work to all the DJs and Ady for putting it on I'd say.

Cheers,

Joel

I thought the night was really refreshing with all the Europeans more than making up for what I thought was a less than average turn out from the UK. For me the atmosphere and music was excellent all night.

I just also wanted to thank all the DJ's who played at the Tower warm-up before hand - Ady, Kenny, Yann, David and James, the music was brilliant. Also thanks to everyone who came along and made it a really nice pre-100 club event. :yes: Hello to the three mad Italians who were dancing from 8pm, even though we didn't start until 9 :yes::yes:

Hello to the three mad Italians who were dancing from 8pm, even though we didn't start until 9 :D:thumbsup:

Matassini Brothers & Giovanni "Biascio" Marchi... Funny scooterist types from the glorious Tuscany :D ...as you can imagine they were a bit, eeerm ...supported... :thumbsup::P

They're not on this forum, but I'll pass them your comment, Donna...

BTW: Excellent warm-up...! thumbsup.gif

Roccia

Matassini Brothers & Giovanni "Biascio" Marchi... Funny scooterist types from the glorious Tuscany :D ...as you can imagine they were a bit, eeerm ...supported... :thumbsup:shhh.gif

BTW: Excellent warm-up...! :thumbsup:

Roccia

They still havent payed the entrance tax :P

Matassini Brothers & Giovanni "Biascio" Marchi... Funny scooterist types from the glorious Tuscany :D ...as you can imagine they were a bit, eeerm ...supported... :thumbsup::P

BTW: Excellent warm-up...! :thumbsup:

Roccia

Thanks Roccia :D It was good to meet you. thumbsup.gif

Edited by DonnaD

Thanks Roccia :thumbsup: It was good to meet you. :thumbsup:

Donna, i heard some top tunes at the Tower, but Dave Santiago has been a real surprise for me... Edu said that bloke's got some good stuff, but i didn't tought it was so good...

Roccia

Donna, i heard some top tunes at the Tower, but Dave Santiago has been a real surprise for me... Edu said that bloke's got some good stuff, but i didn't tought it was so good...

Roccia

One of the best "new" Spanish crossover-modern Dj's in Spanish scene IMO, Cristina Alonso is really good too (and she's also into R&B, northern, latin...you name it)

Best!

Edu

One of the best "new" Spanish crossover-modern Dj's in Spanish scene IMO, Cristina Alonso is really good too (and she's also into R&B, northern, latin...you name it)

Best!

Edu

I'll agree with that. cristina is great, played some crackin' tunes in gij³n this august. lovely person too...

macca

pontevedra.

• 3 weeks later...