Darrow Fletcher Secret Weapon

On 17/04/2017 at 13:38, davemac3 said:

cool video

You need to subscribe to this guy's YouTube channel. Ian Whittington. All very cool videos with sublime crossover tracks (probably wrong description, but that's more or less where I'd reference it talking to people) . Really worth a delve into his archive if you've not seen his other uploads; various socially conscious style retro footage, plenty of West coast low rider scene stuff including lots of tattooed and face-painted 'Day of The Dead' style female studies.

Although I hesitate to say, it (as the visuals are fairly in-your-face and it's not even OVO) I just love the verve displayed in his video for Joe 'Jama' Perales  "My Life" 2001 version:

• Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/10/2017 at 18:13, ady croasdell said:

End of February but only an estimate 

Ady

Any further release details.... as I have the chance of buying the so called Boot atm in mint cond' and hanging off for the Kent 7" ?

Thanks

Social source share

12 minutes ago, NSG said:

Ady

Any further release details.... as I have the chance of buying the so called Boot atm in mint cond' and hanging off for the Kent 7" ?

Thanks

It's in the next batch now, so not until late summer depending on the pressing plant. It's a boot, not a so-called boot; if it was legit it would have credits, not even the songwriters get paid on that one.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 20/04/2017 at 22:24, seano said:

You need to subscribe to this guy's YouTube channel. Ian Whittington. All very cool videos with sublime crossover tracks (probably wrong description, but that's more or less where I'd reference it talking to people) . Really worth a delve into his archive if you've not seen his other uploads; various socially conscious style retro footage, plenty of West coast low rider scene stuff including lots of tattooed and face-painted 'Day of The Dead' style female studies.

Although I hesitate to say, it (as the visuals are fairly in-your-face and it's not even OVO) I just love the verve displayed in his video for Joe 'Jama' Perales  "My Life" 2001 version:

What's the story on the Joe 'Jama' Perales 2001 re- make ****** it's Fab! ****** Love It ******

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

It's in the next batch now, so not until late summer depending on the pressing plant. It's a boot, not a so-called boot; if it was legit it would have credits, not even the songwriters get paid on that one.

Ady, thanks for the update 

The reason I stated so called boot is that its been pressed prior to any other official release, so where did they boot from ?

- btw does someone actually have the rights to this track in any shape or form ?

Social source share

On 28/03/2018 at 19:00, John Siret said:

If its on a Kent cd then obviously Kent have the rights to it. 

Well Yes its on a Kent CD from 2012? (Crossover Soul 1975-79 LA Sessions) however was the so called boot pressed before that or booted from the CD ??

That was my question to Ady as Ace are releasing it on '45 this year afaik - it would be so good Ady,  if you could issue with "Its no mistake" on the flip please.... :-)

Edited by NSG
Social source share

16 hours ago, NSG said:

Ady, thanks for the update 

The reason I stated so called boot is that its been pressed prior to any other official release, so where did they boot from ?

- btw does someone actually have the rights to this track in any shape or form ?

Yes from the Kent CD, licensed from the Ray Charles Estate, so his family get's the royalties as does Darrow and the songwriters. We've licensed the previously unissued tracks for Europe, they were not available until the Kent CD which you should get as there are a lot of great issued and unissued tracks from this period of Darrow's career

Social source share

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, andybellwood said:

Quick question(s) 

Are each of the Kent Select 45s ltd editions ? 

If so , how many and the same for each release ? 

Anyone ? 

Back in 2007 on here with the launch of the label and the first 3 releases there’s mention of 500 ltd press . Subsequently on discogs some are listed as ltd others are not .  Seen ‘for sale’  prices up to £150  , yet for others lower two figures eg 

https://www.discogs.com/Tobi-Lark-Little-Ann-True-True-Love-Sweep-It-Out-In-The-Shed/release/4052562

https://www.discogs.com/Candi-Staton-One-More-Hurt/release/3138136

https://www.discogs.com/Ben-E-King-The-Marvellos-Gettin-To-Me-I-Need-You/master/1139494

Some of others are fairly near  original retail price , which might be an indicator on volumes pressed ? 

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

36 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

All are limited, most to 500 some to 1000 and a few points in between. Some sell out, some don’t. The Rita and the Tiaras was 1000 but sold out and price is edging up. I’m pretty sure Darrow will Be The Same. His ‘No Limit’ sold out a while back

Thanks Ady . 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!