Rohdale All-niter 8th December

Guest toffee lady

Guest toffee lady

IVE JUST SEEN THE VENUE FOR THE NEW ALL-NITER IN ROCHDALE ON 8TH DECEMBER. THIS PARTICULAR CLUB IS OPEN EVERY WEEKEND WITH MOST OF ITS PUNTER BEING AGED 18-25 ( MY NEPHEW AND HIS GANG OF YOB MATES GO EVERY FRIDAY)

WHAT I AM WONDERING IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON 8TH DECEMBER WHEN 200+ CLUBBERS TURN UP FOR THEIR REGULAR FRIDAY NITE CLUBBING ONLY TO BE TOLD ITS A SOUL ALLNITER, METHINKS THEY WILL SAY "ALL NIGHT,ON TILL 6.00, LETS GO IN!!!"

IM ALL FOR INTRODUCING OUR BELOVED SCENE TO THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS BUT IM JUST RATHER WORRIED THAT THIS NIGHT WILL BE OVER-RUN BY BOTTLE-SWIGGING, SMOKING ON THE DANCE FLOOR LADS AND HANDBAGGING DISCO DOLLIES. :ohmy:

ON MANY OCCASION I HAVE BEEN TO NIGHTS WHEN PEOPLE OFF THE STREET, NON SOULIES VENTURE INTO A VENUE AND YOU CAN GUARRANTEE IT USUALLY ENDS IN TEARS.

SURELY A DIFFERENT DATE AND VENUE, NOT CLASHING WITH ANY OTHER GREAT SOUL NITES IN OUR REGION WOULD BE BETTER

• Replies 45
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

SURELY A DIFFERENT DATE AND VENUE, NOT CLASHING WITH ANY OTHER GREAT SOUL NITES IN OUR REGION WOULD BE BETTER

mmmmm...

Another bloody venue clash, this time with Lowton Civic Hall, one of the scenes longest running & most popular monthly events on the soul calender!!! :ohmy:

£5 entry before 10pm, but surely thats not to encourage people to go that venue instead of Lowton.....no....such bastardly tricks dont go on these days....do they? :angry:

Regarding the above post, im sure they will admit any old rag tag & knob head into this event just to get bodies through the door

I wont be going!!! and I wont attend any events where any of the DJs are playing in future either! :yes:

Edited by soul45s

Mark, take a look in the events section. :yes:

Come on phil dont be shy, point us in the right direction cant find nowt :ohmy:

just found it................its all clear as mud now :huh:

mmmmm...

Another bloody venue clash, this time with Lowton Civic Hall, one of the scenes longest running & most popular monthly events on the soul calender!!! ranting_1.gif

£5 entry before 10pm, but surely thats not to encourage people to go that venue instead of Lowton.....no....such bastardly tricks dont go on these days....do they? :angry:

Regarding the above post, im sure they will admit any old rag tag & knob head into this event just to get bodies through the door

I wont be going!!! and I wont attend any events where any of the DJs are playing in future either! :lol:

I find this all a bit strong, maybe cos it's a bit early, but Lowton and Rochdale aren't that close geographically ... is Lowton a nighter also then? If not then I don't think it will spoil the attendance at Lowton as it's always been a good turn out no matter what else is on.

Good luck to the nighter at Rochdale, sounds like they might need it though if there's going to be loads of drunken teenagers rampaging through the doors ohmy.gif

Guest sharynm

I find this all a bit strong, maybe cos it's a bit early, but Lowton and Rochdale aren't that close geographically ... is Lowton a nighter also then? If not then I don't think it will spoil the attendance at Lowton as it's always been a good turn out no matter what else is on.

Good luck to the nighter at Rochdale, sounds like they might need it though if there's going to be loads of drunken teenagers rampaging through the doors ohmy.gif

Hi Mandy

It would affect Lowton as anybody putting an all nighter on the same night always does. Lowton is an expensive venue to run, so if you don't get the people through the doors then Kev has to pay the DJ's out of his own pocket, and I'm sure all the DJ's will confirm that they have always been paid at Lowton regardless of the turn out. November always affected Lowton because of Soul in the Sun and Fleetwood (now Blackpool) and now Mr Roberts :lol: has decided to put an all nighter on round the corner with cheap entrance fees before 10.

The strange thing is that the DJ's he is advertising are actually on at Lowton and have been for months so unless they are splitting themselves in half I don't see how they can be in two places at once (unless they know something I don't yes.gif )

I know that Kev had heard rumour that something like this was going to be run but was then told it wasn't. Maybe one of the DJ's advertised for Rochdale can reply on here and let us all know who's DJing, or maybe Mr Roberts himself, of maybe Little Firefly.

Kev M hasn't seen this post yet (mainly because it would mean switching on a computer!) but i'll show him it tonight and i'm sure he will add his own comments.

I know they are trying some new things at Lowton from next month as already mentioned by Baz, maybe one of the DJ's for that could also post and let people know exactly, as you all know what i'm like, I love Northern Soul but there's nothing wrong with a bit of Cat Stevens and leonard Cohen (my mothers fault) unsure.gif

I replied to your post Mandy as you were the last on here so nothing on here is aimed at you or your post :D

I keep telling Kev to just stop running Lowton and buy a camper van with me so we can become fat old sad wrinklies but don't think he's ready to give it up just yet!

Shazza - see you on Friday at Lowton

Just spoke to kev roberts not just about this but it came up so this is what kev has to say.The club approached him as a consultant to put on a soul niter on dec 8th, which they were going to put on with or without him.The dec 8th nite is the only date that will run as a northern niter as such,all the other dates will run as a commercial event motown out on the floor etc and the only dj from the dec 8th line up involved will be Ginger taylor.That is the info i have been given by kev roberts.

Just spoke to kev roberts not just about this but it came up so this is what kev has to say.The club approached him as a consultant to put on a soul niter on dec 8th, which they were going to put on with or without him.The dec 8th nite is the only date that will run as a northern niter as such,all the other dates will run as a commercial event motown out on the floor etc and the only dj from the dec 8th line up involved will be Ginger taylor.That is the info i have been given by kev roberts.

============

Has the club ran soul nights/nighters before? I take it the management of the club have knowledge of the northern scene?

Seems to conflict a bit with this tho'

https://www.goldsoul.co.uk/shop/events/cal-back.html

============

Has the club ran soul nights/nighters before? I take it the management of the club have knowledge of the northern scene?

Hi Winnie

There was a niter there years back, PP Arnold was supposed to do a 'show' but didnt turn up!

The management tried to close it early (around 1am I think) as it was not well attended and people were not very happy about it!

cheers

Paul

Guest toffee lady

============

i went to the one and only soul do ever to be held here, it was boxing nite a few years ago.

pp arnold was supposed to be on , it was on till 4.00am, a tenner in. Well i happily paid my tenner at 10.00pm.( only about 50 people in ) pp arnold didnt show and at MIDNIGHT all the lights came on, music stopped and the bouncers appeared and told us "that was it night over! Said it wasnt worthwile staying open n paying barstaff for so few people We argued for our money back but we were refused

What happened next was the funniest thing i havce ever experienced at a northern do, all the disgruntled punters refused to go, people were singing ' we shall not be moved' and we stayed put, linking arms, sat on the dance floor! bouncers tried to physically remove us but to no avail,

this went on for about 20 minutes then eventually the promoters gave in and the music came back on till 2.00.

It got loads of complaints and even made a story in the local paper the week after.

Think I'll give it a miss!

Edited by toffee lady

i went to the one and only soul do ever to be held here, it was boxing nite a few years ago.

pp arnold was supposed to be on , it was on till 4.00am, a tenner in. Well i happily paid my tenner at 10.00pm.( only about 50 people in ) pp arnold didnt show and at MIDNIGHT all the lights came on, music stopped and the bouncers appeared and told us "that was it night over! We argued for our money back but we were refused

What happened next was the funniest thing i havce ever experienced at a northern do, all the disgruntled punters refused to go, people were singing ' we shall not be moved' and we stayed put, bouncers tried to physically remove us but to no avail,

this went on for about 20 minutes then eventually the promoters gave in and the music came back on till 2.00.

It got loads of complaints and even made a story in the local paper the week after.

Think I'll give it a miss!

Is Rochdale anywhere near Whitby? :wicked:

I am absolutely heartbroken as it has been a dream of mine to put on a niter here ever since I saw the place. It has to be the closest room in layout to Wigan I have ever seen, cept it's bigger!!!!

However I believe that the timing's are all wrong, this place is normally packed to the rafters

2000+ pure beerheads each and every Friday talk about your culture clash.

Should have saved this for the big all nighters at Bank Holidays that we are missing since the Ritz closed

All The Best

Tony

Guest sharynm

:wicked:

:lol: You should've added a warning to your post Ranger... that clicking this link will scare the living daylights out of you...

God .. the horror... the horror... the horror... :)

I'd like to add that this is my own personal view... and not that of the site.

:no:

Sorry, Kev still can't reply as I haven't been able to get online at home for three days now. just had a mild disagreement with Orange about it on the phone

He doesn't need to reply anyway as i've worked it all out..........

it's all about trying to beat Subway to be the fastest growing UK franchise :ohmy:

yea, don't think i would wanna attend this event either - having lived (being the operative word here) in Rochdale for 10 years until 1-1/2 years ago.

Liquid Rock is full of kidz every weekend - even had the misfortune of going in there one Christmas on a works 'do' but quickly made an exit! it would be good for a Northern Soul do i reckon, but like someone else has already said, who wants to contend with hundreds of 'Chavs' queuing up outside and wondering why their 'normal' night isn't on - they'll gatecrash - i can almost guarantee it!

they'll come in - take the piss outta our dancin and just generally be right cunts, to be nice about it. (can't you tell i don't have kidz lol!)

PS: to my knowledge i've never known Liquid Rock to have held any other themed events, (at nighttime anyway), other than to be a 'nightclub' in what you would expect a 'nightclub' to be.

wAvy

I replied to your post Mandy as you were the last on here so nothing on here is aimed at you or your post :ohmy:

No offence taken Sharyn .. just glad you put up the picture ... good old Mr Roberts again eh :wicked: Does he really need a venue in every part of the bloody country :angry:

I am absolutely heartbroken as it has been a dream of mine to put on a niter here ever since I saw the place. It has to be the closest room in layout to Wigan I have ever seen, cept it's bigger!!!!

However I believe that the timing's are all wrong, this place is normally packed to the rafters

2000+ pure beerheads each and every Friday talk about your culture clash.

Should have saved this for the big all nighters at Bank Holidays that we are missing since the Ritz closed

All The Best

Tony

============

Potential nightmare by the sound of it.

Have to say though, some on SS have advocated this as the way forward for the soul scene, surprised they haven't taken this opportunity to put their case again. Plush venue, young crowd, northern soul, all the right ingredients? :thumbsup:

Guest toffee lady

============

Potential nightmare by the sound of it.

Have to say though, some on SS have advocated this as the way forward for the soul scene, surprised they haven't taken this opportunity to put their case again. Plush venue, young crowd, northern soul, all the right ingredients? :thumbsup:

[/qu

I wouldnt say plush, your feet stick to the carpets in there

Have to say though, some on SS have advocated this as the way forward for the soul scene, surprised they haven't taken this opportunity to put their case again. Plush venue, young crowd, northern soul, all the right ingredients? :yes:

[/qu

I wouldnt say plush, your feet stick to the carpets in there

============

Just to make things clear, I'm in no way bigging the venue up, I've never been there so have no idea what its like. Was more pointing out recent posts re: attracting youth, and the sort of venue described in this thread was what was being advocated as that which might attract youngsters. Will leave it there, as those making the 'attracting youth' posts, clearly aren't going to bite. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sharynm

============

Just read this, so this is the way forward?

have heard on the grapevine that this has been cancelled...can anybody confirm? I know somebody got shot there last weekend, in the buttocks apparently.......keep your backs to the wall! :lol:

yea, i heard about the guy getting shot, as some workm8s were talking about it this morning. apparently the guy who had the gun had it down the back of his pants and was either fiddling with it or taking it out to shoot and inadvertently pulled the trigger and shot himself in the arse!!!!!! lmffao!

serves the dick right for carrying a gun! :shhh:wanker.gif

Edited by wAvy

yea, i heard about the guy getting shot, as some workm8s were talking about it this morning. apparently the guy who had the gun had it down the back of his pants and was either fiddling with it or taking it out to shoot and inadvertently pulled the trigger and shot himself in the arse!!!!!! lmffao!

serves the dick right for carrying a gun! :shhh:wanker.gif

What was roberts thinking of,the venue itself is ideal,being an old dancehall,but a stated before its now full of e'd /coked up wannabee gangsters.I've promoted soul nights in rochdale for many years and found loads of more suitable venues,the attendance has always been piss poor,usually made a loss.It was advertised in the local paper ,just to encourage the local dickheads to have a nosey/fight.Is kev's rep spreading to the extent that most towns wont entertain him wacko.gif

What was roberts thinking of,the venue itself is ideal,being an old dancehall,but a stated before its now full of e'd /coked up wannabee gangsters.I've promoted soul nights in rochdale for many years and found loads of more suitable venues,the attendance has always been piss poor,usually made a loss.It was advertised in the local paper ,just to encourage the local dickheads to have a nosey/fight.Is kev's rep spreading to the extent that most towns wont entertain him wacko.gif

No it means that there aint many places that Kev aint got a night...Just Rochdale now and Tim Buk Too(is that how you spell it :shhh: )...

Guest gfarrington

:thumbsup:

No it means that there aint many places that Kev aint got a night...Just Rochdale now and Tim Buk Too(is that how you spell it :thumbsup: )...

glad someone heard this too , a m8 not connected with the scene from rochdale who was gonna meet me for a pint just rang to say the local plod shut the place untill the licence hearing on dec 18th

Just thought i'd mention it in case there was anybody with a baby sitter booked and didn't want to cancel....

You could always come here... :thumbsup:

D.D.A

are proud to be opening their doors this Friday 8th December in the 2nd room at

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

8pm - 2am

KARL RHODES & JUMPIN JOAN

(sorry... no Paul Sadot this month)

with 2 very special guests

MARIA WILLINGHAM & STEVE GREEN

If that's not enough... you've also got the cream of the crop in the main hall with

NEV .. BARRY MALEADY .. BOB HINSLEY .. SIMON .. KARL RHODES

It's going to be a cracker of a night... something for everybody... so see you all there

Just thought i'd mention it in case there was anybody with a baby sitter booked and didn't want to cancel....

D.D.A

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

8pm - 2am

If that's not enough... you've also got the cream of the crop in the main hall with

It's going to be a cracker of a night... something for everybody... so see you all there

well i'll be there anyhoo with my m8's - first time for me too! :thumbsup:

wAvy

D.D.A

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

8pm - 2am

SEE YA THERE JOAN :thumbsup:

Guest sharynm

SEE YA THERE JOAN :thumbsup:

i'm really looking forward to tonight. Don't you damn DDA's be trying to sneak into the big room for a dance! :thumbsup: This is my big Christmas party night out as won't be here for Christmas or New Year so let's make it a good one

Shazza