Acetate of same old song...who is it?

Briank

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I just play their version on utube and does not sound like my acetate.  Ray Brown is a white guy and the one on the acetate sounds black.  I know white guys wanted to sound rnb back then, but I don't think it's him in my opinion and ears.

I never heard of Ray Brown before, so thanks for the input.  What did you think of the track?

Social source share

No surprise that I don't recognise it.  It's in a style that's not to my taste at all.  Usually, from the style of the arrangement, and the sound of the instrumentation, I can peg the recording in time, and sometimes to a given record label, or even producer.  But, I can't even tell roughly when this recording was made.  I would guess 1967-68.  Definitely a "White" artist.  He sounds "American".  I don't hear an underlying "accent" under his "fake American 'Black' accent".  I'd guess that he was from The US.  But that's no guarantee.  As that similar "fake American 'Black' accent" is often fairly close whether sung by US Blue Eyed Soul Singers, Aussies, (Anglophone) South Africans, Canucks, Kiwis and the like.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert