Mark Randle pres. Time To Burn

Mark R

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

Another good 2 hours here - especially liked the Joey Negro and Jose Carretas tracks, and Kashif at the end was a nice touch. Looking forward to the new Joey Negro album now!

Thanks for the feedback.  Interesting you say Kashif because it's actually Ron Trent but it is so obviously based on "The Mood" from his debut LP.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Well I know you're a big Kashif fan and who knows what sort of mixes you've been able to get your hands on compared to us lesser punters :wink:

As for Ron Trent, it was thanks to your previous mix here that I've been digging through his catalogue - the recent double cd retrospective comp of Prescription Records was well worth the pennies :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

Well I know you're a big Kashif fan and who knows what sort of mixes you've been able to get your hands on compared to us lesser punters :wink:

As for Ron Trent, it was thanks to your previous mix here that I've been digging through his catalogue - the recent double cd retrospective comp of Prescription Records was well worth the pennies :thumbup:

I missed the 6LP box set first time out so grabbed it a week or two back when they pressed some more up.  A second press eh, that'll never do!  LOL

Anyway, the track we were discussing..........

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/ron-trent-touch/644081-01/

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Mark R said:

You got me thinking all things Ron.  Have you heard this?  Off the scale............

Hey, you started it! But feel free to continue with tunes like that :thumbsup:

I first discovered Ron Trent years ago when I was looking for a copy of Freeez "Keep in touch" on cd - at the time the only place to find it was on a Ron Trent mix cd which I duly bagged, and the rest is history.

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Hey, you started it! But feel free to continue with tunes like that :thumbsup:

I first discovered Ron Trent years ago when I was looking for a copy of Freeez "Keep in touch" on cd - at the time the only place to find it was on a Ron Trent mix cd which I duly bagged, and the rest is history.

I'm not sure on your tastes..........do you like the real deep side?  Another of my faves...........gets right in the grey matter.........

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I like a lot of deep and enjoyed what you've posted so far. Recently I've been catching up on stuff by Grant Nelson, Kenny Summit, Kenny Carpenter, DJ Man-X, as well as Louie Vega, DJ Spen, Ron Trent, Ralf Gum, Vick Lavender, Jonny Montana, ...

I love the instrumental of this, but the vocal works for me too, as in burrowing into the grey matter:

And this is pretty good too:

Social source share

4 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

I like a lot of deep and enjoyed what you've posted so far. Recently I've been catching up on stuff by Grant Nelson, Kenny Summit, Kenny Carpenter, DJ Man-X, as well as Louie Vega, DJ Spen, Ron Trent, Ralf Gum, Vick Lavender, Jonny Montana, ...

I love the instrumental of this, but the vocal works for me too, as in burrowing into the grey matter:

And this is pretty good too:

Interesting you should select those.........I don't go a bundle on the Afro stuff in truth, and Ngawe happens to be one of the few I've bothered with, though I think I went for a slightly different mix.  Love it, though it always made me think that the odd Afro thing I like seems to actually be UK produced or influenced.......not by intention but it does seem to be a common theme, or did at the time.

As for Vick, if you know me at all you will know that I have a lot of time for VL.........it was us that got him over for his first UK set at our now defunkt Soul Purpose night, or more accuratley it was a joint Soul Purpose/Surgery event with the good Dr. Bob Jones on board too (and of course Mr. Curtis amongst the guest DJ's).  I'll send you a link to some other Vick stuff instead of keep posting here.  But I think the third cut on the first of my mixes posted here is a recent thing by VL "Universal Laws".

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

And bang fresh from last night..........quite why I picked the hottest night of the year so far to do this is anyones guess!  Quite a bit of deep house on here, interspersed with some current vocal fave new releases.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!