Van Mccoy,trying To Make The Best Of It

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sounds good Ken, is that 1978 on the label? Can't make it out from the scan, but if it is then it shuold get a mention in "Soul Harmony" book and having just checked it doesn't. This could mean it's a rare one, or maybe it didn't get released.

Never heard it before, and don't know nothing about it........er not much help then sorry :tomato2:

Cheers Paco

Cheers Paul,reason i ask,somebody asked for the album for 1 trakc,i`m sure this is the trakc,but cant find me LP at the mo`,sure i give the LPa go,i remember one stand out tune,hope its this :(

Maverikc,glad you like it girl :thumbsup:

sitc,you will like it,maybe!!.

Thanks you all for listening.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Yes it is! It's a shame that Van is only remembered for THE HUSTLE, especially here in the states!

Quite interested in his 60s stuff also!

Social source share

I like this........lots ! :thumbsup: ......... Another one on the wants list then yes.gif

Still waiting for Harrogatesoul for if its the same as his,and some idea of availability/price. :wicked: ,glad you like it.........lots !! :lol:

Social source share

Sounds good Ken, is that 1978 on the label? Can't make it out from the scan, but if it is then it shuold get a mention in "Soul Harmony" book and having just checked it doesn't. This could mean it's a rare one, or maybe it didn't get released.

Never heard it before, and don't know nothing about it........er not much help then sorry :tomato2:

Cheers Paco

Yes,78 Paco. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Here's Van's Official Website...has some sound clips too!

https://www.vanmccoymusic.com/

I`m not a web head,i did have a look,but no pictures of vinyl,so not that bothered,but ive got a few of the tunes in his discography :wicked: ,and opening with the "hustle" is a bit of a off putter,usually if i post something it streight off pure none bootlegged first issues or demos,vinyl :thumbsup: ,not five minutes before ive posted em`.

Sound clips just wind you up yes.gif if i cant listen to it all,i wont listen at all.

Social source share

Ken

I'm pretty sure I have an issue of this at home (Memory blank here) - (Speakers not working at mo' at work so can't tell if its same one )

If it is - I got one from Rod Dearlove at Voices a couple of months ago for I think about £8-£10. Absolutley raved over and a great 45.

ATB

Rich

I've bought one blind from the States after hearing about it .Can't make my mind up about it , not sure if it's great or not , though it is being tipped for greater things .Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

The next Issue of There's That Beat! features an indepth look at Van McCoy and his works. A TRUE legend. In the top 5 contributors to rare soul imo.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Dave!

I will DEFINITELY check that out! :yes:

Sound clips just wind you up :yes: if i cant listen to it all,i wont listen at all.

I got you on that one! :yes:

Social source share

Still waiting for Harrogatesoul for if its the same as his,and some idea of availability/price. :huh: ,glad you like it.........lots !! :lol:

===================================================================

Hi Ken/All

Sorry for late reply - Have been away from the racks! Yes I do have an issue - The black / multi colour MCA. B Side is 'Two Points ' and taken from the My Favourite Fantasy LP. I know Rod at Voices had copies so anyone wanting one should try contacting him. Price wise I think I paid about a tenner but IMO a crackin uplifting track which should garner a few plays. I'll scan my copy and post up later.

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Hi Ken/All

Sorry for late reply - Have been away from the racks! Yes I do have an issue - The black / multi colour MCA. B Side is 'Two Points ' and taken from the My Favourite Fantasy LP. I know Rod at Voices had copies so anyone wanting one should try contacting him. Price wise I think I paid about a tenner but IMO a crackin uplifting track which should garner a few plays. I'll scan my copy and post up later.

ATB

Rich

Any contact details for Rod ?

Social source share

Hi Ken/All

ATB

Rich

Nice demo then,i got :(

I like this........lots ! :( ......... Another one on the wants list then :lol:

Hope you find one soon,Martyn. :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!