60's NORTHERN - GOOD 'N PROPER! NOW IN THE CORRECT FORUM!

Alan Walls

Allsorts of good, 60's Northern here. Jump in!

ALL IN AT LEAST EX CONDITION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

The Superlatives     -     Don't Let True Love Die    -            Dynamics    ex      £120   quality late 60’s Detroit getting noticed. Well, it went down a treat at Blacktrackin’ recently…

Andy Mack     -    Later Than You Think / Do You Wanta Go   -   Chess   ex   £40 quality Stafford double sider, heavy on the brass and backing vocals by Andy’s group The Carltons (got their Argo releases for sale, too)

*** ON HOLD *** Charles Perry     -    How  Can I / Move On Love      -      Mutt & Jeff    quality mid tempo with a gorgeous sweet flip. First Class! £80

Jospehine Taylor    -   I Ain’t Gonna Cry No More / Ordinary Guy    -   Mar-V-Lus ex £55  and it bloody well is marvelous, too: good old, knees-up Northern with a more polished, in vougue-sounding flip 

The Ledgends   -   Fear Not / Gotta Let You Go   -   Commonwealth United   ex £50  another tidy double sider, another uptempo dancer with mid tempo flip. In it’s “birth sleeve” (cringes at appalling sales patter…)

Little Charles & Sidewinders    -     Hello Heartbreaker / Got My Own Thing Going -    Drum   £35    a magnificently atmospheric slowie is HH, with the rowdy, swaggering stomper on the flip showing Wee Charlie’s  clearly over having his heart broken

*** SOLD *** Ray Pollard    -    Wanderlust    -    Decca ex    £60   big, swaggering, brassy fist pumper (ooh er)  I am absolutely certain I first heard this via Guy Hennigan at Stafford, but maybe I’m confused ‘cos it sounds like such a typical, gritty Guy sound

Sam And Bill                 -                I’ll Try                -   Decca   ex  £60  like label mate Ray Pollard, here’s another pounding, Hennigan-esque 60’s banger. Popping up on playlists of late, too!

The Valentinos       -    Do It Right  / What About Me      -      Chess *demo*    £40 couple of tidy, lesser known , mid tempo Northern sides. Bobby’s at his swaggering best on ‘Do’, with the brothers sounding like a kinda down-home Impressions on ‘What’. Real good stuff.

The Whispers    -         You Can’t Fight What’s Right / You Got A Man On Your Hands    -   Dore   £200  classy double sider, ‘Fight’ is in ex condition, ‘Hands’ is vg++ labels are pressed slightly off centre but just the labels, the centre is dead on. NAP

Willie Parker           -                Don’t Hurt The One You Love               -           M Pac     ex                       £70   Chicago couldn’t half turn out sturdy mid tempo fist pumpers! First heard this from a John Manship 60’s Newies tape, no one seemed to pick up on it at the time, now enjoying a new lease of life after Willie’s recent visit to these shores.

Terms (please do read this if you're gonna buy something) :

- Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

- Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals. Fact is, I’m selling these by choice, so I’d rather get a reasonable price than no sale at all, and there’s no sense you sitting there thinking you want it but it’s 50p more than on Discogs…

- Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. Please note these are standard Royal Mail prices, rounded up to cover the cost of proper packing. If you don’t want to pay for Special Delivery then fair enough, but understand I can only claim £50 from Royal Mail if they lose or knacker a record in transit, so what refund I pay you will be minus the difference between £50 and the sale price. For overseas destinations, please ask.

- Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you wish the peace of mind of paying as a business transaction, please add 4% to the total (ie record plus shipping). If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement.

- Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.

Ok, that's the formal jive out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest! Cheers, Alan

1. Superlatives - Don't Let True Love Die.jpg

Andy Mack - Do You Wanta Go.jpg

Andy Mack - Later.jpg

Charles Perry - How Can I.jpg

Charles Perry - Move On Love.jpg

Josephine Taylor - Ain't Gonna Cry.jpg

Jospehine Taylor - Ordinary Guy.jpg

Ledgends - Fear Not.jpg

Ledgends - Gotta Let You Go.jpg

Little Charles - Got My Own Thing.jpg

Little Charles - Hello Heartbreaker.jpg

Ray Pollard - Wanderlust.jpg