Guest miff

• Replies 63
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'M NOT ASHAMED TO BE A WITNESS - ernestine rundless/ meditation singers - savoy 7"

11144 refosoul

Deep soul/Deep Gospel? Fecking awesome!

Derek

Edited by blackwhite
Social source share

Great thread,

Hope people like my few choices, not all deep in the true sense of deep soul more ballard than deep but just great records so enjoy,could spend hours putting stuff on here but must get on with my life.

Looking forward to hearing some top tunes as some great deep fans out there so come on make me a happy man biggrin.gif

Cheers

Andy

Social source share

I'M NOT ASHAMED TO BE A WITNESS - ernestine rundless/ meditation singers - savoy 7"

11144 refosoul

Deep soul/Deep Gospel? Fecking awesome!

Derek

Now thats deep, you know your stuff Derek thumbsup.gif

Social source share

A FORGOTTEN LOVER - virgil griffin - reginald 7"

11145 refosoul

Here's another for you Andy . Have a few copies of this one whistling.gif

Derek

Edited by blackwhite
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The love we had - the dells -

11147 refosoul

...Perfection. Hard to believe that some people out there actually think "Make Sure" is about as good as it gets from the Mighty, Mighty Dells, and would rather hear that than this. I'm not one of them, I'm afraid (although I'll admit that MS is a nice pop soul record in its own right)...

Marvin Junior. How great is he, eh?

TONE

YOU WON'T SUPPORT ME - mill street depo - stang

11143 refosoul

Time for a lady and what a lady Linda jones given it some on this

...Linda Jones had been dead for four years when this was recorded and released, but the MSD gal certainly does sound like her...

TONE :yes:

You Got Me Rushing - ebony rhythm funk campaign - lp track

11134 refosoul

Not 'deep' but slow. And nice.

...always thought so, too. My God, have we actually agreed on something whistling.gif

TONE

Social source share

Awwww, don't be like that, Tone, we probably agree on 95% of stuff if truth be known, we've just got off on the wrong foot I think, you know what these forums are like for giving the wrong impression of people. thumbsup.gif

Except in Simon White's case of course!! :yes::D:(

Social source share

Awwww, don't be like that, Tone, we probably agree on 95% of stuff if truth be known, we've just got off on the wrong foot I think, you know what these forums are like for giving the wrong impression of people. thumbsup.gif

Except in Simon White's case of course!! :yes::D:(

I reckon you've both got cloth ears Roger!

:(

Sean

Social source share

Every Single Time (There You Are) - paradyme - 1994 cd track

11159 refosoul

A bit newer, but one of my favourites.

I reckon you've both got cloth ears Roger!

laugh.gif

Sean

I always really enjoyed your sets at Yarmouth, Sean, so I must have!! TOO-SHAY!!! :yes::D:(

Social source share

Just can't get enough of this perfect, hauting deep soul recording by Oscar Perry - I found true love - Lee J :yes: If sound clip successful - taken it from John Ridley site as not got computer n turntable in same room yet to record from my copy yet.

Having trouble with sound bite, not got time to sort I'm afraid bit busy - you can hear it on John Ridley's excellent informative site though thumbsup.gif

Hope you enjoy as much as I do, looking forward to listening to everyones downloads above later this evening when got time to enjoy :D

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Stay Together Young Lovers - brenda and the tabulations - from my mp3 collection

11160 refosoul

I don't have much deep soul, but I hope you enjoy this one!

Social source share

Every Single Time (There You Are) - paradyme - 1994 cd track

11159 refosoul

A bit newer, but one of my favourites.

I always really enjoyed your sets at Yarmouth, Sean, so I must have!! TOO-SHAY!!! :yes::D:(

Yes Roger, but you're not the only one. All my mates (both of them) think I'm awesome too!

:(

It's been a while since you were down there, though from memory.

I reckon you're well due a return. Hope to see you there next year.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Stay Together Young Lovers - brenda and the tabulations - from my mp3 collection

11160 refosoul

I don't have much deep soul, but I hope you enjoy this one!

Hey Mav' - you really have to go some to beat Ben Aiken's version of this tune (the original BTW) - it was on Roulette and, before that, a local Philly label called Squire.

I compiled it onto a Sequel CD called "Doctor Good Soul" about 8 years ago, which is unfortunately deleted but which is well worth hunting down...

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Hey Mav' - you really have to go some to beat Ben Aiken's version of this tune (the original BTW) - it was on Roulette and, before that, a local Philly label called Squire.

I compiled it onto a Sequel CD called "Doctor Good Soul" about 8 years ago, which is unfortunately deleted but which is well worth hunting down...

TONE :thumbsup:

Groovy! I will add that to my list! Were you also responsible for the BATTLE OF THE BANDS series (Black Ivory, Odds and Ends, The Jonses, etc.)?

Social source share

YOU WON'T SUPPORT ME - mill street depo - stang

11143 refosoul

Time for a lady and what a lady Linda jones given it some on this

Great record, got this from Gilly, said he didnt know much about deep but this was alright, impeccable taste as ever, just kills me

Social source share

IT'S SO WONDERFUL - sam dees -

11137 refosoul

My personal favorite of one of our greatest singer/songwriters enjoy

Only 1 Sam Dees so far, quite surprising!! Dont know this one, when/what is it from?

Have a couple I was going to load when I get home, although no sound card so cant be sure they will work.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Great record, got this from Gilly, said he didnt know much about deep but this was alright, impeccable taste as ever, just kills me

....but, as I said before, it's not Linda Jones on this record - she'd been dead nearly 4 years when it was recorded and released!!!!!

TONE :lol:

Groovy! I will add that to my list! Were you also responsible for the BATTLE OF THE BANDS series (Black Ivory, Odds and Ends, The Jonses, etc.)?

...Yes I'm afraid they were all my fault :thumbsup::thumbsup::(

TONE

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

....but, as I said before, it's not Linda Jones on this record - she'd been dead nearly 4 years when it was recorded and released!!!!!

TONE :lol:

...Yes I'm afraid they were all my fault :thumbsup::(:lol:

TONE

Groovy! It is SO hard to find the other 4 volumes! I am still searching...was lucky to find the Odds and Ends songs! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Double frustration, as well as not being able to listen to any due to PC problems I cant get the CDR to work in PC, was going to upload Sam Dees My World and 4 or 5 others I picked out, might sneak them in tomorrow if allowed.

Think will take my headphones to work tomorrow to listen to some of above, look good

Cheers

Jock

PS Tony R you are a cantankerous and controversial sod, :lol: Make Sure is no pop soul record, agree it probably woudn't make my top 20 (50!) Dells songs but thats due to the quality of their catalogue rather than the poorness of that track,

Need to introduce myself at Porretta next year, hopefully that sun and wine will mellow you!! smile.gif

Social source share

Temptation 'Bout To Get Me - soul survivors - atco

11178 refosoul

Thought i'd add further proof that white men can sing soul. Soul Survivors version of a much covered tune. I think the 'Knight Brothers' version is my favourite but this is 'as' (if not more) deep & soulful

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!