Deep Soul Tuesday

Guest miff

....but, as I said before, it's not Linda Jones on this record - she'd been dead nearly 4 years when it was recorded and released!!!!!

TONE :D

Sorry my fault always thought it was her, i will go to the back of the class blush.gif

Thanks for the info

cheers

Andy

...Yes I'm afraid they were all my fault :lol::lol::lol:

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 63
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Only 1 Sam Dees so far, quite surprising!! Dont know this one, when/what is it from?

Have a couple I was going to load when I get home, although no sound card so cant be sure they will work.

Hi glad you enjoyed the Sam track, its from 4 lp box set promo only EAST MEMPHIS MUSIC from 1982 to promote irving music buying up the rights to stax, or something like that( maybe MR ROUNCE CAN CONFIRM) anyway the song is credited to Fredrick knight on the album but is Mr Dees, ( hope i have that right or i'll be in trouble again) not many were made and only gave out to radio jocks in the US.

ANDY :wicked:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

PS Tony R you are a cantankerous and controversial sod, :ohmy: Make Sure is no pop soul record

Jock, nowhere in my posting did I say it was a poor record - in fact, I like it very much, but I sometimes get a bit frustrated that it regularly gets cited as their best record - here and elsewhere - by people who have never heard the best of the Dells (most of which is several bpm slower than "Make Sure").

Compared to "The Love We Had", or something like "My Pretending Days Are Over", "Does Anybody Know I'm Here " or "Give Your Baby A Standing Ovation", though, I'd stick by my comment that it's a pop soul record. And a very good one at that....

See you in Porretta, we'll have a pint in 'Il Califfo'!

TONE :wicked:

Social source share

Believe in me - david sea -

11314 refosoul

Also off the Birmingham cd

Nice one Neece - THE BIRMINGHAM SOUND - THE SOUL OF NEAL HEMPHILL - Superb CD. 100% recommended, a few funky sounds on it, but beyond these other standouts are other than the soundfiles already posted - David Sea - Let's Just Get Together, Roscoe Robinson - Two Heart Accident, Ralph 'Soul' Jackson - Take Me Back and Little Louis Barber - Specify

Cheers Pat

Social source share

YOU WON'T SUPPORT ME - mill street depo - stang

11143 refosoul

Time for a lady and what a lady Linda jones given it some on this

==============================================================

Great track - but flip it over for 'I May Be Right I May Be Wrong' - PLay this bugger LOUD and tell me it ain't a great 70s dancer - Slightly on the funkier side but IMHO a belter!

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!