The Loss of one of our own Mick Howard R.I.P.

To Nites Radio Show !!!!!!!!!!
Thought a while on this and have decided to dedicate the 2nd hour of tonight's show to Mick Howard. 1 hour of Mafia style 60's bangers for the lad. So if you fancy joining in 7-9pm on GFM

First hour the usual Usual mix, funk, modern, boogie, crossover and northern including the popular 'Sweet N' Low' selection.
On the web you can listen on the station site or via Tuin just follow the links

• Helpful 2
Social source share

First met Mick back in 77/78 when Ken Cox was running the Wirrina before he went to the fleet - got on the train at London I guess after reading the thread Chris was with him - he was still in the RAF - after chatting to him I asked what he did - am sure he said signals - I then said what do you do - "can't tell you as we've signed the official secrets act " - the rest of the trip was taken up we me asking for just one secret even a small one - am sure he told me something just to shut me up - it passed the time - Saw Mick a few times after that at the Fleet nighters and St Ives Dayers we always talked about how we first met, remember his golf dark green I think - one of the good Soul guys RIP Mick.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This is sad news....Mick was a top man....he is in my fond memories from the best of times...I had not spoken to him for a long time, but last time we met it was like we had never had a gap...sincere condolences to his family......rest in peace my friend.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I am always saddened to read news like this. Clearly he was extremely popular and the fitting tributes are very appropriate. My thoughts go out to his family and friends right now. Time to listen to your 1 hour tribute Dave Thorley.

Social source share

Just got back off holiday to this awful news...what a nice bloke Mick was had some good chats with him at the  'Marshalls'(Stuart and Jill) barbies in Radcliffe over the years. ...a sad loss ...rest in peace  Mick...

Dave L

Edited by lfcjunkie
Addition
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sad Sad News only got to know mick over the last few years  when going to  Burnley Nighter  - used to get a lift with Willie West from Carlisle and all travelled down together

always stopped of at forton services for a  brew and a Debrief  as you do:D had some good chats .... a nice easy going guy  R.I.P. Kev/Wend

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Sat in the mariner restaurant ,rags in brid, reading more thoughts Bout Mick , tears, tears, I just love the people and the scene it was and always will be  a privilege to know people like Mick and also the rest of you.

playedPatti Williams for Micky Cruz last night going to play if I've brought it what's more z z hill missed mate missed.!!!!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gibby, thanks for refreshing this post.

last weekend i was looking in the garage for some LPs.

I came across a pile of flyers and some other stuff that I had not looked at for a while.

In the bottom of a bag there was a T-shirt....see attached.

I trust you can make the text out.....

Mick had a batch made up, must be the thick end of 30 years ago........I think it shows his keen intelligence and sharp sense of humour.

made me smile.....also made me laugh that I would have fitted into it as well!

Best regards

Steve

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!