Soulshakers@aston Villa Sad News

Just recieved this note below from Aston Villa. This has been edited, but as you can see it looks like we will not be able to use this great venue again. So the hunt is on for a new venue, will keep you posted. Clearly this means there is no Soulshakers on dec 2nd :yes:

Dave & Malayka thumbsup.gif

Hi Dave,

After lengthy conversations with my Manager and our Head of Security we feel that due to the nature of your event and the type of venue we are, it is not viable for you to use our Trinity Suites for future events.

I have been advised that it is not our policy to allow guests attending an event to pay "on the door" so for any future events that may be held at Aston Villa all guests would have to be in possession of a ticket to present on the night.

There are also concerns regarding the type of security that is needed for this type of event. Our security staff are not employed to crowd manage and we would have to look at employing agency staff to act as bouncers which means a cost to us and therefore a cost to you.

Given the above comments, I would advise you to give serious consideration as to whether Aston Villa is a suitable venue for you. Obviously you have held previous events at nightclub venues which are equipped for this type of event but we are a totally different venue and I am doubtful we can fully meet your requirements because of this.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just recieved this note below from Aston Villa. This has been edited, but as you can see it looks like we will not be able to use this great venue again. So the hunt is on for a new venue, will keep you posted. Clearly this means there is no Soulshakers on dec 2nd :yes:

Hi Dave,

After lengthy conversations with my Manager and our Head of Security we feel that due to the nature of your event and the type of venue we are, it is not viable for you to use our Trinity Suites for future events.

I have been advised that it is not our policy to allow guests attending an event to pay "on the door" so for any future events that may be held at Aston Villa all guests would have to be in possession of a ticket to present on the night.

There are also concerns regarding the type of security that is needed for this type of event. Our security staff are not employed to crowd manage and we would have to look at employing agency staff to act as bouncers which means a cost to us and therefore a cost to you.

Given the above comments, I would advise you to give serious consideration as to whether Aston Villa is a suitable venue for you. Obviously you have held previous events at nightclub venues which are equipped for this type of event but we are a totally different venue and I am doubtful we can fully meet your requirements because of this.

Any venue ideas please PM me

thanks

Dave

Just recieved this note below from Aston Villa. This has been edited, but as you can see it looks like we will not be able to use this great venue again. So the hunt is on for a new venue, will keep you posted. Clearly this means there is no Soulshakers on dec 2nd :(

Hi Dave,

After reading the review in Event Lookbacks, got to say that it's a real shame, & feel for you Dave :(

In a black way, coulden't help but smile at the line " Our security staff are not employed to crowd manage" :D Erm, it's a football club for f*** sake ! Don't football & crowds go hand in hand ?

Anyway, hope you find another decent venue Dave, i'm sure you will :yes:

Edited by Bogue

After reading the review in Event Lookbacks, got to say that it's a real shame, & feel for you Dave :(

In a black way, coulden't help but smile at the line " Our security staff are not employed to crowd manage" :yes: Erm, it's a football club for f*** sake ! Don't football & crowds go hand in hand ?

Anyway, hope you find another decent venue Dave, i'm sure you will thumbsup.gif

Yes odd comment, what is thier job then and it fair to say there was enough of them there :D

What a bummer :D

Well at least as a 'one off' it will become the stuff that legends are made of :yes:

It was a class act Dave, but the venue was simply the blank canvas. It was the magic of the music, the creativity of the DJ's and the passion of the people that made it so special.

We shall overcome whistling.gif

Don't worry folks, plans a foot and all that, always have a plan B, this is not the last chapter, by some way. :yes:

IT'S THE VISION NOT THE VENUE DAVE.....BLOODY SHAME BUT ONWARDS AND UPWARDS....IT'S A WINNER FOR SURE SO JUST NEEDS A HOME...GOOD LUCK WITH THE SEARCH, WHEREVER IT IS WE'LL BE THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CnC thumbsup.gif

Sad news Dave :yes:

All though not in the same boat as such, when i was generaly dogs body for Dave and Lisa at the Rushden & Diamonds FC we ran twice, they wanted bouncers and put prices up (all though they took more behind the bar than any event they have ever held there) it just didn't work out, so feel for you mate, hope you can secure another venue ASAP thumbsup.gif

Sad news Dave :D

All though not in the same boat as such, when i was generaly dogs body for Dave and Lisa at the Rushden & Diamonds FC we ran twice, they wanted bouncers and put prices up (all though they took more behind the bar than any event they have ever held there) it just didn't work out, so feel for you mate, hope you can secure another venue ASAP :yes:

Trouble is these venues run as a business and we run soul events in the main for love, always hard to get the two to match. What I need is a club owner that is a passionate soul fan whistling.gif

Don't worry folks, plans a foot and all that, always have a plan B, this is not the last chapter, by some way. :thumbsup:

venues are hard to find... good ones are often being used for weddings or their own nightclub.

I think the NEC would be perfect in the area :thumbsup:

(will PM you with some ideas, in case you like 'em)

Was feeling rough last Saturday night, but it was a great night otherwise - lovely people, great music and so refreshing to have a "nice" venue for a change to many.

Good luck with swingng things right quickly D&M

m