The Greatstone Soul Club - Saturday 18th Nov

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents

A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover

Saturday 18th November, and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 3.00am

Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

This Months Special Guest Dj- Steve ( Cenco ) Green

Time once again for our monthly offering of rare soul. No policy, just quality, mega rarities played back to back, with lesser known imaginative cheapies added to the mix. This month see's Steve Green break his Djing cherry down at the Greatstone. Having seen recent playlists and listened to peoples comments about his set's, this should be something special, can't wait. We also have the welcome return dj wise, of one of our regulars, Mr John May, always turns up some great tunes, well worth the admission fee for him alone. Warm friendly atmosphere, cosy cellar bar club, great bunch of people. As I always say, if you've not been before, introduce yourselves, were right nosey us!!!

Your Dj's For The Night, Mark B,Tony J, Paul H,Budgie,John May

+ Resident Stevie Zelenyji

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk

Mark 07939-872534 markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Time once again for our monthly offering of rare soul. No policy, just quality, mega rarities played back to back, with lesser known imaginative cheapies added to the mix. This month see's Steve Green break his Djing cherry down at the Greatstone. Having seen recent playlists and listened to peoples comments about his set's, this should be something special, can't wait. We also have the welcome return dj wise, of one of our regulars, Mr John May, always turns up some great tunes, well worth the admission fee for him alone. Warm friendly atmosphere, cosy cellar bar club, great bunch of people. As I always say, if you've not been before, introduce yourselves, were right nosey us!!!

The Greatstone Hotel

Looking forward to the Adventures at the Greatstone :yes:

Steve (cenco) played some great Mid-Tempo on the phone this past week "New to ME"

John always plays a superb set thumbsup.gif

Surprise Surprise a few more purchased to play out by all the guys including me.

ATB Stevie Z

QUOTE(mark.b @ Nov 9 2006, 08:38 PM) link

hi john

what new sound are you gonna treat us to john

mark

I'm going into the studio to record it next week, thought i'd add my own vocals to it...... :D

so it will be The Derby and Joan Set Featuring Vocals By Johnny (Big Boy) May. :D mark

Sorry to be missing this again (babysitter has had enough the last couple of weeks :huh: ) especially after what StevieZ played down the phone to me tonight ....bloody gorgeous .... I'm sure he said it was my christmas pressie :lol: :dance: :dance:

Thought you'd had lot's pressie's last saturday mandy.....Framed pictures etc. :lol:

Sorry to be missing this again (babysitter has had enough the last couple of weeks :lol: ) especially after what StevieZ played down the phone to me tonight ....bloody gorgeous .... I'm sure he said it was my christmas pressie :lol: :dance: :dance:

Hi Mandy,

Sorry you can't make Saturday but we'll see you soon. As for Stevie Z, all his tunes sound brilliant 'down the phone', but play 'em at a venue well, dear me :lol::huh: only joking, Steve played me 3 or 4 blinders the other day, can't wait to hear them out, loud and proud :lol: .

PS did those Greatstone tickets go at the all-dayer, if so who won them?........Tony

Hi Mandy,

Sorry you can't make Saturday but we'll see you soon. As for Stevie Z, all his tunes sound brilliant 'down the phone', but play 'em at a venue well, dear me :(:( only joking, Steve played me 3 or 4 blinders the other day, can't wait to hear them out, loud and proud :( .

PS did those Greatstone tickets go at the all-dayer, if so who won them?........Tony

Maybe this could be the future of the soul scene, Telephone soul nights........Just phone up your fav' D.J and listen to their latest discoveries down the telephone, would solve the need to travel..... :lol:

Sorry to be missing this again (babysitter has had enough the last couple of weeks :thumbsup: ) especially after what StevieZ played down the phone to me tonight ....bloody gorgeous .... I'm sure he said it was my christmas pressie :lol: :dance: :dance:

Hi Mandy :lol: Had big problems with the PC/getting on line over the past few days.

Sent you a PM in reply :lol: ...Glad you enjoyed the tunes too.....am I gorgeous ...or the tunes :lol: ATB Steve

The Greatstone Hotel

Hi Tony, Mark, Paul etc

Will you be supplying warm baths and sharp knives to open up the old veins on Saturday?

LOL Julian & Carolyn :)

Hi Tony, Mark, Paul etc

Will you be supplying warm baths and sharp knives to open up the old veins on Saturday?

LOL Julian & Carolyn :thumbsup:

hi julian

we may not have the stannah stairlift installed in time but if you are coming we can open up the disabled access (the old coal shute) :thumbsup: only joking.

Will be nice to see you both before christmas well it will be nice to see carolyn as for you julian thats a different matter :thumbsup:

mark

Hi Tony, Mark, Paul etc

LOL Julian & Carolyn :thumbsup:

hi julian

we may not have the stannah stairlift installed in time but if you are coming we can open up the disabled access (the old coal shute) :thumbsup: only joking.

Will be nice to see you both before christmas well it will be nice to see carolyn as for you julian thats a different matter :thumbsup:

mark

Stock up the bar ( I assume you're paying) get the shute open and the bath running!!

Mr & Mrs B are in town!!!

SORRY FOLKS 'YOUNG TONY' ON A FOREIGN EXCHANGE VISIT WITH HIS SWEDISH PENPAL 'LARS TORDERS' THIS MONTH ...ADVENTURES WILL CONTINUE NEXT MONTH WITH A BUMPER CHRISTMAS EDITION.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AA TOP NIGHT TOMMORROW !!!!!! :shhh:

Have a great time overseas Chris, hope to catch with you soon...... :)

John

SORRY FOLKS 'YOUNG TONY' ON A FOREIGN EXCHANGE VISIT WITH HIS SWEDISH PENPAL 'LARS TORDERS' THIS MONTH ...ADVENTURES WILL CONTINUE NEXT MONTH WITH A BUMPER CHRISTMAS EDITION.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AA TOP NIGHT TOMMORROW !!!!!! :thumbsup:

Yep we will definitely miss our very own Welsh paparazzi, as well as the Capt. and the Mad Mex this month.....indeed there has been talk in certain quarters of cancelling turkey & toys, due to the resulting drop in bar-take :) ......enjoy your travels, be good :thumbsup: ......however I do hear rumours of a royal visit....from Julian and his better half :shhh: .....can't wait now it's gonna be brill......anyway just off to put me Pudsey suit on.....Tony

Running Order.....For those who care

8.00 - 8.45 Open Forum

8.45 - 9.30 Budgie

9.30 -10.15 John May

10.15 - 11.15 Tony & Paul

11.15 -12.15 Mark Baildon

12.15 - 1.15 Steve Green

1.15- 3.00 Stevie Z

Get down early, there really is something for everyone.....Later thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tony Jackson
Not even opened my play box yet, best get started soon :thumbsup: .....dj times may vary obviously, due hairdresser and nail appointments.....see you later wicked.gif
I'm back from my trip down the old smoke but i'll be a bit late tonight as i'm getting my nails curled and my hair polished and i have a few new tunes to play as well, see you all tonight Paul byeeeeeeeeeee :yes:

I'm back from my trip down the old smoke but i'll be a bit late tonight as i'm getting my nails curled and my hair polished and i have a few new tunes to play as well, see you all tonight Paul byeeeeeeeeeee :yes:

I wonder If i'll recognise you paul ohmy.gif , sounds like you've had a few alterations...... :thumbsup:

Should be heading over the Pennines later with some of the Yorkshire contingent. See you there! :hypo:

Thanks for the last minute lift Andy. Bri said in passing that he didnt mind me going out tonight as well, you've never seen me move so fast whistling.gif:D

I must be mad though as I've had no sleep, having been to The Wilton & I look pretty rough, a bit of make up & no one know :D:D

First time at The Greatstone for me, I've heard great things.

See ya later.

Kirstyx

It was really good last night musically. I just regretted going because I'd had no sleep from the night before. Thought I would be alright when I got there, but I spend all night fighting with my eyelids to stay open whistling.gif:D

Nice little venue & friendly crowd too, although I wasnt very sociable.

I know that Andy, Sarah & Richard all enjoyed the night, perhaps they can add a bit more.

I will deffo be back, not after an allnighter though next time.

Thanks a lot for the lift Andy, not that I remember the lift home, sorry if I was snoring.

Kx