FAVE CLUBS FROM THE DECADES?

Just a bit of fun....Can you name your fave club from the 1960's,1970's, 1980's, 1990's, and the Noughties? Obviously if you were only 10 in 1970 then you can't really do the first decade but whatever floats your boat or moves your groove as they say in Blackburn.

Social source share

At 53 just pup but - Morecambe Pier, Bradford (bouncy bouncy dance floor), Brian's Wheel Revivals at their best and Leighton Buzzard... Plus Lifeline when we made it there (massive respect on that one).

Also used to love Carlisle when we co-ran it at the White Heather (93-94) - with people often travelling up from London and down from Dundee - it was great to be booking DJs we really rated (Dickie Watt, Carl, Spenna, the Scots lads etc) plus doing the first spot (which was usually about 3 hours from 8 o'clock - allowing me to do a properly structured spot ranging everything from early Wheel to Curtis and Bileo)... Plus Saus was at his best there. We usually lost money but it was worth it and we usually then treked down to Donnie to stop with W&S until Monday... Remember divvying up the fast stuff amongst us to ensure everyone there was fully fried towards the end of most nights.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

60's  KING MOJO   . . . >>>      70's   (mainly off the scene but ) Rudy's, Scarboro ... >>>     ... 80's >>> Clifton Halls . . ..      90's ... >>>  100 Club  .. . 

Y2K . . . >>>   Twisted Wheel (Whitworth St) ...      this decade ... >>>   Cleggy Weekender 

Social source share

On 26/04/2017 at 20:42, Roburt said:

60's  KING MOJO   . . . >>>      70's   (mainly off the scene but ) Rudy's, Scarboro ... >>>     ... 80's >>> Clifton Halls . . ..      90's ... >>>  100 Club  .. . 

Y2K . . . >>>   Twisted Wheel (Whitworth St) ...      this decade ... >>>   Cleggy Weekender 

Rudy's Scarborough, brings back memories, some good and some not so good.Sadly the manager John Rona (from Barnsley )  got kicked to death in an alley near to the club.And I think the murder was never solved. On the pleasent and funny side Bub was a regular  DJ at the club on bank holidays and was always up for a laugh, on one occasion I remember Bub setting off a fire extinguisher  and covered a bouncers head with foam  to which Bub was barred from the club. All of us were just rolling about on the floor laughing!  Regards Fred.

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

On 26/04/2017 at 12:14, dean jj said:

Just a bit of fun....Can you name your fave club from the 1960's,1970's, 1980's, 1990's, and the Noughties? Obviously if you were only 10 in 1970 then you can't really do the first decade but whatever floats your boat or moves your groove as they say in Blackburn.

Yes we went to the Queens Hall in Bradford what a night brill, did anyone go 

Social source share

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 15:13, DaveNPete said:

At 53 just pup but - Morecambe Pier, Bradford (bouncy bouncy dance floor), Brian's Wheel Revivals at their best and Leighton Buzzard... Plus Lifeline when we made it there (massive respect on that one).

Also used to love Carlisle when we co-ran it at the White Heather (93-94) - with people often travelling up from London and down from Dundee - it was great to be booking DJs we really rated (Dickie Watt, Carl, Spenna, the Scots lads etc) plus doing the first spot (which was usually about 3 hours from 8 o'clock - allowing me to do a properly structured spot ranging everything from early Wheel to Curtis and Bileo)... Plus Saus was at his best there. We usually lost money but it was worth it and we usually then treked down to Donnie to stop with W&S until Monday... Remember divvying up the fast stuff amongst us to ensure everyone there was fully fried towards the end of most nights.

Dx

My favourite Allnighters, travelling down from Edinburgh, getting lost - Everytime - on the way, music was top class all night, great venue, really miss that.

Social source share

Too many too mention, but these stick out.. not all soul though, mix of northern and house clubs

8ts- the old Vic and the outrigger, snobs in bham 

9ts - Shellies - stoke on Trent / the hummingbird - Birmingham 100 club and I have to say the Hacienda, that was an experience

2000's - 100 club, cleethorpes soul weekenders

Happy days 😃

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!