Alex Brown - I'm not repsonsible (price)

Attempted to licence this a few years back for a limited 45 press here's the reply ...Never did hear what commercial it was used for Stateside  ??

Dear Glyn:

Having started my career way back in the mid-60's as an independent specialty label, I've always had a real fondness for products like you're doing with CratesofSoul Records. 

The issue we're faced with is in the not too distant future, a major internationally known actress is unveiling a perfume line of products, actually being called I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE which television and radio commercials will feature the Alex Brown/Monk Higgins track, under a multi-years marketing license contract with Tobac Music and Sundi Records. 

Even if we arranged a limited usage waiver for your specific distribution territory, the base licensing fee would most likely be out of your budget range at $3,500-US.  This happens whenever songs are revived for products, movies, etc.

Very truly yours, 
Robert G. Barns, EVP 
Licensing and Marketing
TOBAC MUSIC / SUNDI RECORDS

Social source share

30 minutes ago, glynthornhill said:

Interesting Glyn

Would only really want the 45. Not sure if I would part with that much cash - maybe if I was in a good mood and drinking!

Social source share

Always wanted the album and only got near twice to buying it but got pipped both times....ah well. Sold my 45 back in 89 after a friend went stateside and came back saying they left a couple of hundred of them behind, so I thought will get another easily enough......and regretted it for years until I got another copy. Always wondered what happened to those he left behind?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've not seen the yellow issue pop up for sale too often...guessing that carries a hundred or so premium over a demo in same condition? Was lucky to find one several years ago. Love it...everything about it. Interesting story behind the label I think I read on here a few years ago, will try and find the link.

...The power of Soul Source search! Some interesting links included in this thread from 2012: :thumbsup: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/220626-alex-brown-in-search-of-love-sundi-lp-1977/#comment-1819511

Edited by Scotters
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!