The Greatstone Soul Club - New Years Eve Party

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents

A New Years Eve Soul Party

Rare 6ts Soul, Northern & Crossover

Sunday 31st December

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 3.00am

Tickets £12.50 Includes Hot & Cold Quality Buffet

Your Dj's- Alan Pollard, Eddie Engel, Chris Anderton,Paul Sadot, Paul Havekin, Budgie, Tony Jackson, Julian Bentley, Les Hare....Still looking to add a couple more???

Posting this up early as we have had so much interest shown already. Tickets are now available from me or at outlets listed below. Anyone who came to last years do will tell you what a fantastic party we all had. Really busy with great food atmosphere and of course most importantly top music. I would really like to have all the tickets sold 'early doors' so I don't have to mess around on the door on the night, so if you fancy coming try to get things sorted early. Enough for now, for a real quality way to see in the New Year look no further, it's going to be brilliant.

Tickets Available From :

Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk

Les - King Bee Records 0161-860-4762

Paul-On The Scene Mag.- 01253-318267

The Greatstone Hotel

The A56 Chester Road, Stretford,

Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony 07973-809492 tjackson@hss.co.uk

Mark 07939-872534 markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-1640

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 66
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Below is a list of nearby hotels, roughly in order of proximity to the venue.

Greatstone Hotel

Chester Road, Strestford, Manchester.

0161-865-1640

Chesters Hotel

Chester Road, Strestford, Manchester.

0161-877-5375

Old Traford Lodge

Talbot Road, Old Trafford, Manchester.FULLY BOOKED

0161-874-3333

Trafford Hall Hotel

23 Talbot Road, Old Trafford, Manchester.

0161-848-7701

Thistlewood Hotel

203 Urmston Lane, Stretford, Manchester.

0161-865-3611

Manor Hey Hotel

130 Stretford Road, Urmston, Manchester.

0161-7483896

Amblehurst Hotel

Washway Road, Sale, Manchester.

0161-973-8800

Copthorne Hotel

Clippers Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester

0161-873-7321

Premier Travel Inn

18-20 Trafford Boulevard, Urmston, Manchester.

0870-990-6310

Edited by Tony Jackson

You can definitely count the Stafford soulsters in again, had a fantastic night last year ... journey home was a nightmare though .... we weren't feeling too well :thumbsup::(

Anyone who didn't attend last New Year's Eve I can definitely recommend it for a marvellous way to see in 2007 - great tunes, great atmosphere, great people :thumbsup:

You can definitely count the Stafford soulsters in again, had a fantastic night last year ... journey home was a nightmare though .... we weren't feeling too well :thumbsup::(

Anyone who didn't attend last New Year's Eve I can definitely recommend it for a marvellous way to see in 2007 - great tunes, great atmosphere, great people :thumbsup:

Hi Mandy.....not seen you for ages, hows things?......are you and Mr & Mrs Shute stopping over again?....if so you're welcome to join us for champagne early doors again......as long as you bring the champers :lol:

PS I hope the all-dayer go's really well.....behave ......Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

I didn't know it was fancy dress last year Chris :thumbsup: ....but what ever rocks your world :lol: ....see you on the 18th enjoy Edinburgh :thumbsup:

It partly was for Carlos.....Dressed as an Arab to start off with.......and then a change of about 10 hats :( , Ohhhhhhhh sorryyyyyy only 6 :lol::lol:

Edited by asboannie

Hi Mandy.....not seen you for ages, hows things?......are you and Mr & Mrs Shute stopping over again?....if so you're welcome to join us for champagne early doors again......as long as you bring the champers yes.gif

PS I hope the all-dayer go's really well.....behave ......Tony

Hi Tony

Haven't mentioned it to the Shutes yet but I don't think they'll say no. I'll bring the champers this time then as Donna so nicely donated hers :lol:

Thanks for the help guys, we have booked Chesters for the night......be careful if you book on-line as it says they are full but i phoned and got a room no problem. The Cricket club place is full.

Cheers, Chris

The Copthorne Hotel is nice and has rooms available, and the Tulip Hotel by Man Utd's ground is good and has rooms available.....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

Just a quick bump, NYE tickets can be bought/collected on Saturday night , quite a few gone already, get in quick! .....Tony

Bloody hell, got conned out of £25 on Saturday for 2 tickets to this do. Luckily Alan Pollard will be driving so I can drown my sorrows.

Question: If tickets are going so quickly, how come mine are numbered 1 & 2 ???????

Answers on a postcard please.

Julian

Bloody hell, got conned out of £25 on Saturday for 2 tickets to this do. Luckily Alan Pollard will be driving so I can drown my sorrows.

Question: If tickets are going so quickly, how come mine are numbered 1 & 2 ???????

Answers on a postcard please.

Julian

Hiya Julian,

Good to see you Saturday night....probably the best £25 you've spent in 2006......hang on a minute, probably the only £25 you've spent in 2006....talking of Alan Pollard it was really really nice to see him and Judy on Saturday, I know he's got a way to go yet, and I don't mean miles, but I hope he know's we are all behind him and wish him well.

As for numbers on tickets, they refer to the purchasers I.Q... :shhh: no not really we all know you're well cleverer than that :lol: I think you will find that the lovely Donna Haverkin hand wrote on the numbers on the night so we can track tickets bought and sold on said night.

Sir, I trust this explanation meets with your approval and resolves your query, further enquiries should be made through my solicitors, Bodgitt & Scarpper.

Tony :lol:

:shhh::lol: It only when i go out in the fresh air, and walk to whereever, and get into bed, I keep forgeting what hapend :yes::lol: ........but never during the evening from start to finish :lol: .

OH YES IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW...IT'S THAT DEVILLISH FRESH-AIR AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH 25 PINTS OF 'SCRUTTOCKS OLD DERIGIBLE'...A SIMILAR FEELING TO THOSE FEW SECONDS AFTER A 'KNEE-TREMBLER' I SHOULD IMAGINE BUT LASTS ABOUT TWO DAYS .....FRESH AIR EH ! WHY ISN'T THIS GOVERNMENT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT ??? SETTING UP HELP-GROUPS OR JUST ROUNDING IT UP AND SENDING IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM...EH !!! WHAT AM I PAYING TAXES FOR....THERE'S TOO MUCH FRESH AIR AND IT HAS TO BE STOPPED ..NOW !!! YOU HEAR ME ...NOW !!! .....NOT NEXT WEEK !

Hiya Julian,

Good to see you Saturday night....probably the best £25 you've spent in 2006......hang on a minute, probably the only £25 you've spent in 2006....talking of Alan Pollard it was really really nice to see him and Judy on Saturday, I know he's got a way to go yet, and I don't mean miles, but I hope he know's we are all behind him and wish him well.

As for numbers on tickets, they refer to the purchasers I.Q... :shhh: no not really we all know you're well cleverer than that :lol: I think you will find that the lovely Donna Haverkin hand wrote on the numbers on the night so we can track tickets bought and sold on said night.

Sir, I trust this explanation meets with your approval and resolves your query, further enquiries should be made through my solicitors, Bodgitt & Scarpper.

Tony :lol:

Hi Tony

now you only need to have the flyers reprinted with the full DJ line up and the tickets will 'fly' out ( or were you under the influence of drink?)

Julian

PS

I was joking about the numbers on the tickets so don't blame Donna ( well, not this time anyway.

Tickets ordered and put placed to one side .. thank you Mr Jackson and rooms will be booked hopefully in the next week .... really looking forward to this ... it's not that far away either really when you think Christmas is only 4 weeks away ohmy.gif

THAT'S FRIGHTENING MANDY....ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY FROM SANTA DROPPING HIS LOAD DOWN THE CHIMNEY....ANYONE HEARD SLADE YET ??

COMPETITION TIME BY MY RECKONING .......IF ANYONE CAN GUESS WHO THE BEAMING CHAP IN MY AVATAR IS BEFORE THE CHRISTMAS PARTY ON THE 16th THEN A PRIZE WILL AWAIT THEM ......IF NOT THEN WE'LL JUST EXTEND IT A FEW WEEKS....CLUE : IT'S NOT MY DAD BUT COULD BE RELATED :thumbsup:

CAPTN M thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

THAT'S FRIGHTENING MANDY....ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY FROM SANTA DROPPING HIS LOAD DOWN THE CHIMNEY....ANYONE HEARD SLADE YET ??

COMPETITION TIME BY MY RECKONING .......IF ANYONE CAN GUESS WHO THE BEAMING CHAP IN MY AVATAR IS BEFORE THE CHRISTMAS PARTY ON THE 16th THEN A PRIZE WILL AWAIT THEM ......IF NOT THEN WE'LL JUST EXTEND IT A FEW WEEKS....CLUE : IT'S NOT MY DAD BUT COULD BE RELATED :thumbsup:

CAPTN M :yes:

Hi Chris & Carlos.....how was Belguim.....you missed a belter Saturday night.....are you in the the country NYE ? don't miss out twice....

Hi Chris & Carlos.....how was Belguim.....you missed a belter Saturday night.....are you in the the country NYE ? don't miss out twice....

BARBARA LEWIS WAS AMAZING I EVEN DID SOME POPCORN DANCING BUT SPILT MOST OF IT.....HEARD IT WAS A TOP NIGHT...WILL BE AT CRIMBO PARTY NIGHT AND RECKON WE'LL BE AROUND NYE TOO !!!!!!!! WILL GIVE YOU THE FULL LOWDOWN ON BELGIUM WHEN WE SEE YOU, GOT PICS AND FOOTAGE....NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH PIGS FEET ! Edited by bearsoul

Tickets ordered and put placed to one side .. thank you Mr Jackson and rooms will be booked hopefully in the next week .... really looking forward to this ... it's not that far away either really when you think Christmas is only 4 weeks away :yes:

Hi Mandy,

2 double rooms booked.....Tony :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Jackson

Sunday 31st December

Your Dj's- Alan Pollard, Eddie Engel, Chris Anderton,Paul Sadot, Paul Havekin, Budgie, Tony Jackson, Julian Bentley, Les Hare....Still looking to add a couple more???

Posting this up early as we have had so much interest shown already. Tickets are now available from me or at outlets listed below. Anyone who came to last years do will tell you what a fantastic party we all had. Really busy with great food atmosphere and of course most importantly top music. I would really like to have all the tickets sold 'early doors' so I don't have to mess around on the door on the night, so if you fancy coming try to get things sorted early. Enough for now, for a real quality way to see in the New Year look no further, it's going to be brilliant.

Tickets Available From :

The Greatstone Hotel

Still a month to go, so just a gentle nudge to keep us on the first page......more tickets went last weekend.....still time to get your's :thumbsup:

Tony,

Are you at the Three Greyhounds on Sat 2nd selling tickets for N.Y.E? We'll be there.

Don't know if Mr Havekin will be going.

Do you have any contact details for Mick & Mo?

All the best

Pete.

Tony,

Are you at the Three Greyhounds on Sat 2nd selling tickets for N.Y.E? We'll be there.

All the best

Pete.

Maureen is on here as Just Mo - usually early in the morning!

Tickets available from me at the Orwell tonight :thumbsup:

T'was nice to meet all of you at The Orwell thumbsup.gif

NYE will find us at home with the children, but we promise that we will make it along to the Greatstone in the not too distant future. I'd best warn you though, I'm not often as well behaved as I was on Friday night :thumbsup:

Tony,

All the best

Pete.

Hi Budgie,

Torn between the Greyhound and Soul or Nowt.....might do both......either way, tickets on sale for New Years do at both venues....Paul is definitely going to the Greyhound.....I'll PM you Mo's e-mail address and phone number thumbsup.gif

Hi Kirsty,

Good to put faces to names last Friday at the Orwell....you most definitely were on your best behaviour.....but it was early doors :thumbsup: ....see you at the GS real soon.....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

Just a quickie i will have tickets with me at the 3 Greyhounds on saturday if anyone wants any. See you all at the greyhounds Paul

You know you want one :yes:

Just a quick bump/reminder....more tickets gone last weekend, but still available....details top of the post.....looks like being a fantastic night again this year......cheers Tony :lol:

Edited by Tony Jackson

Sunday 31st December

Tickets Available From :

The Greatstone Hotel

Genuine question here, no hidden agenda....there seems to be loads of all-nighters/soul nights on in London on New years Eve.....is there a lot on in the Nortwest that night??.

Sunday 31st December

Tickets Available From :

The Greatstone Hotel

Hi....can anyone who ordered ticket's over the phone get payments in sharpish please, don't want to muck about taking money on the night :thumbsup: ....more sold at the weekend, but tickets still available...

Edited by Tony Jackson

Sunday 31st December

Tickets Available From :

The Greatstone Hotel

Rooms Available-Hotel 0161-865-164

.......Just bumping this up. Last year was a great event and now KARL RHODES is added to the lineup!!

Have'nt been able to get down for a while, so really looking forward to it....

PAUL-S

With that DJ line up you need to get rid of the regulars!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the night.

Jules baby

Jules baby?.....your right about the line up.....Chris M and Chic are also going to play a few 'Cheeky' ones on the night, all add's to the party atmosphere don't you think?.....would you describe yourself as one of the regulars :shades: .....things building up nicely now, it was brilliant last year can't wait....

Can't wait for this..........last year was effing brill, this year it's gonna be better....I can feel it in me beer !!!!!

Just emailed you Tony...........

Champer already on ice........... is there gonna be some of those little sausages and sausage rolls this year.......us lot from Stafford live on these ya know....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hiya Shute, got your e-mail, two rooms booked no problems,champers on ice, sprouts on a low light....building up nicely now, looks like another great New Years do....still tickets available though, for anyone up for a party....

Mr Bentley.....I already know what my New Years resolution is whistling.gif

Edited by Tony Jackson