The In Crowd: The Story of the Northern and Rare Soul Scene

25 minutes ago, sunnysoul said:

Well Chalky was planning to tell the whole story post-Wigan ... wonder how that's going ?

Very slowly.  I've been gathering flyers of which I have 100s now, all needed naming and dating which was slow going.  I'm now gathering echoes together to draw up a time line.

I need to decide what period to write about, 80s, 80s and 90s or right through to today.  BUT to be honest my appeal for help from promoters received very little response.  The smas from peope who went to these venues.  I recently asked for help in what Clifton Hall looked like, inside and out and all I got was dozens of posts on how good e place was, whatbthe gear was like and what pub theye went to before hand, nothing relating to the actual building lol  

• Helpful 2
Social source share

40 minutes ago, Roburt said:

No idea, believe the plans for a #2 were scrapped years ago.

. . . .  BUT surely CHAPTER 6 of the existing book is enough compensation for everyone.   :thumbup:

I don't think they even started work on #2 (post wigan) and can't remember chapter 6 but there is nothing of any note about what followed Wigan and the next 30 odd years.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You might as well do post Wigan right up to the present (and overseas scenes if you can manage it).

Hopefully mention here will put your cause out in public view again and you'll get a torrent of useful stuff from punters and promoters.

As you've said all along , that part of the story needs to be told.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, chalky said:

I recently asked for help in what Clifton Hall looked like, inside and out and all I got was dozens of posts on how good e place was, whatbthe gear was like and what pub theye went to before hand, nothing relating to the actual building lol  

There are a few photos of the Clifton Halls (exterior) on-line but not all of them date from the 80's ... I'm also sure I've seen pics of the inside but they may have been old punta's photos.

Social source share

22 minutes ago, sunnysoul said:

You might as well do post Wigan right up to the present (and overseas scenes if you can manage it).

Hopefully mention here will put your cause out in public view again and you'll get a torrent of useful stuff from punters and promoters.

As you've said all along , that part of the story needs to be told.

It'll probably be up to today by the time I'm finished , if I finish it.  There are plans for oversees scene too, Scotland as well. 

I will make an appeal again in the future although I did ask on here and got practically zero response. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Roburt said:

There are a few photos of the Clifton Halls (exterior) on-line but not all of them date from the 80's ... I'm also sure I've seen pics of the inside but they may have been old punta's photos.

I can only find a couple of photos of the exterior on line and they aren't very good and resolution even worse.  I have one or two of the dancefloor.  I do know what it was built for and when etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!