Old Soul Scribblings

Roburt

We all live these days with 'rose coloured' glasses' on regarding the past ..... the rekkids spun were superior, the clubs were better, the crowd was more together, the ladies were sexier, ETC ETC.  . . . BUT as we start to fade away, our memories become much cloudier .... I have an old diary from 1967, so I know what I did every weekend that year and seeing my old scribblings joggs the memory and I recall lots of info that was slipping slowly away .... HOWEVER ... in 1968, I didn't keep a diary and though that was a major year for allniter attending (Wheel etc), I have no idea which weekends I went or exactly who I saw .... very annoying.

GETTING BACK TO THIS THREAD   So, I thought ... there's loads of old soul articles posted up on the net, why not copy a few across to this thread to remind folk of some facts that were captured back when the memories were much fresher.

If the thread proves popular, I'll post more stuff up from back in the day ....  LET'S BEGIN   ... 

TwistedWhFlyers.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, Roburt said:

We all live these days with 'rose coloured' glasses' on regarding the past ..... the rekkids spun were superior, the clubs were better, the crowd was more together, the ladies were sexier, ETC ETC.  . . . BUT as we start to fade away, our memories become much cloudier .... I have an old diary from 1967, so I know what I did every weekend that year and seeing my old scribblings joggs the memory and I recall lots of info that was slipping slowly away .... HOWEVER ... in 1968, I didn't keep a diary and though that was a major year for allniter attending (Wheel etc), I have no idea which weekends I went or exactly who I saw .... very annoying.

GETTING BACK TO THIS THREAD   So, I thought ... there's loads of old soul articles posted up on the net, why not copy a few across to this thread to remind folk of some facts that were captured back when the memories were much fresher.

If the thread proves popular, I'll post more stuff up from back in the day ....  LET'S BEGIN   ... 

TwistedWhFlyers.jpg

John

where are all the articles sourced from?

if they are available on the web and have been copied from another site then you should just post a preview clip and a link to the original source

I have asked you to do this in the past , so am a bit lost why there are no links this time?

plus have you got permission of the site to repost?

posting copyrighted articles in full on other sites can only be done if you do have permissions 

can you please pm asp on this

i have temp unapproved the 5 or so full articles due to these concerns

thanks

mike

Edited by mike
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!