Original Acetates/one offs

I have along with others some US acetates, some are on offs like the one (in my opinion) this great dancer. As there is no price guides etc for these items I was wondering would it be better to set sale it or auction them....one at a time mind.

Just wanting some input really have researched it and cant find a listing of it whether the title or the artiste?

soundfile (not all of the track)  of the disc in question, it is relentless throughout and probably in the right hands might be a winner.

TIA

Dave

Chuck Valant.mp3

Edited by reforee
Item sold and new owner wishes it not to be on this forum
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Is that the right spelling on the surname of your acetate....I got a 45 by Chuck Vallent....love is so strong / my heart confesses....Peak Records P-101

its very much in the same vein as your acetate & definitely the same vocalist....penned by Darnell-Taylor-Vallent a Big K Production

Cleanteen & Peak music BMI

Social source share

Guest Phil Wainwright

Hi Dave

If you have the orig acetate its on Damon. I used to own this back in the day when I used to dj more on the northern scene. Think I sold it to Neil Holden. I think Ian Cunliffe had a dub done of it. Great tune. Remember playing at Congleton nighter and Rob Marriott coming over and asking me to "play it again youth".

Auction it....must admit tempted to buy it back!

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Hi Dave

If you have the orig acetate its on Damon. I used to own this back in the day when I used to dj more on the northern scene. Think I sold it to Neil Holden. I think Ian Cunliffe had a dub done of it. Great tune. Remember playing at Congleton nighter and Rob Marriott coming over and asking me to "play it again youth".

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

2 hours ago, diamondjim said:

Is that the right spelling on the surname of your acetate....I got a 45 by Chuck Vallent....love is so strong / my heart confesses....Peak Records P-101

its very much in the same vein as your acetate & definitely the same vocalist....penned by Darnell-Taylor-Vallent a Big K Production

It's Chuck Vallent & The Prophets.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, grumpyfella said:

Hi Dave

Cheers

Phil

Phil, that's the one unless there is another Damon acetate out there? Nice to get a bit of history on it!

Dave

Social source share

2 hours ago, diamondjim said:

Have you got a sound clip of the Peak release?

Social source share

46 minutes ago, grumpyfella said:

Good Stuff. Was a one off as far as I know Dave glad it is still floating about and might do the business on the floor soon :-)

Phil

that will depend on whether I sell it at the price I would like for it?

Dave

Social source share

Well Dave because of this thread I just read a thread started by Russ Vickers in 2008 a great read some of the tracks are bigger floor fillers now so maybe if you got connected to get a release on this, then your copy would jump some in value & as Phil says get more people dancing to a decent track IMO.

Kirsty

Social source share

19 minutes ago, Gold Band said:

Well Dave because of this thread I just read a thread started by Russ Vickers in 2008 a great read some of the tracks are bigger floor fillers now so maybe if you got connected to get a release on this, then your copy would jump some in value & as Phil says get more people dancing to a decent track IMO.

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

Yes it was an interesting read, it had crossed my mind to get things released , but would need to sort out legal status etc. If it were to happen to would have to be right.

Dave.

Social source share

Re:

If you have the orig acetate its on Damon. I used to own this back in the day when I used to dj more on the northern scene. Think I sold it to Neil Holden.

You didn't sell it to me Phil.. wish you had! That's where I heard it, one of your tapes 👍🏻. Hope you're well mate.

Neil

Social source share

24 minutes ago, gorgeous george said:

That's it! Yes I did have it at one point! Sold a lot around 2001 when I got divorced 😳 Oh well! 

Oh dear....forced too sell it not good at any time..........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!