Where can I get nice large 45 record boxes?

Does anyone know where I can get some double/large 45 record boxes like those jazzman ones? Looks like they sold out at the time but I've been looking for ages for something similar with no luck :(

I can't seem to find anything that isn't either really ugly or really impractical

Love my vintage small 45's boxes, but it's hard to carry more than a couple at a time due to awkward handles.

Has anyone seen any reproduction / vintage larger record boxes (like double or triple size of normal boxes)? Either in a shop or online?

I don't like the modern looking metal ones

Any help appreciated :)

Social source share

Why not contact your friendly local cabinet maker if you want something specially making to your size and style. Georgian inlaid mahogany with rococo brass handles, walnut art deco, oak gothic revival?:) Or maybe a good plywood box with sturdy handles and a lock. Might cost a bit but not much compared to the price of the average OVO single.

Rick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

Why not contact your friendly local cabinet maker if you want something specially making to your size and style. Georgian inlaid mahogany with rococo brass handles, walnut art deco, oak gothic revival?:) Or maybe a good plywood box with sturdy handles and a lock. Might cost a bit but not much compared to the price of the average OVO single.

Rick

Thanks Rick, might be a bit heavy do you think? I do have a pal who's a great carpenter though so will investigate!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!