Something Very Interesting About Tailor Mades

Pete S

You know that thread the other day about what's your favourite tailor made record? Well I had some "reissues" for sale yesterday, (mel britt, terry callier, athens rogues, jan jones, bud harper etc) and I had one copy of the Four Vandals - Wrong side of town. I'm not lying to you know when I say I had six calls for it. I was shocked.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You know that thread the other day about what's your favourite tailor made record? Well I had some "reissues" for sale yesterday, (mel britt, terry callier, athens rogues, jan jones, bud harper etc) and I had one copy of the Four Vandals - Wrong side of town. I'm not lying to you know when I say I had six calls for it. I was shocked.

Because it's a great, danceable, non elitist record. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Pete, was it on the US label, if so I can understand the attraction, it will be the one to play in a few years and I reckon will be hard to find on this format. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Pete, was it on the US label, if so I can understand the attraction, it will be the one to play in a few years and I reckon will be hard to find on this format. :ohmy:

:lol:thmbdn.gif:no:

Grr, must not rise to bait.... :):wicked:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Yes and no...it was an untampered one.

I agree with Netspeaky, couple of years, this will be massive. And why not.

Its pooh! Thats why. And there are better records to play. :ohmy:

:wicked: I still quite like the Vienneta Wotsit though.

Social source share

Its pooh! Thats why. And there are better records to play. :wicked:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i personally dont think its very good....however, would everyone be slagging it off the way they do if it was still a one off & the story behind it was still a secret

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

"i personally dont think its very good....however, would everyone be slagging it off the way they do if it was still a one off & the story behind it was still a secret"

Yes. It had been rumbled whilst it was still a "one off" and before the full story came out. And on the basis of the track alone, I personally don't much like it (not appalling mind, just not my cup of tea).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!