• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

f*** ME PEDRO YOURE LOSING IT

ITS A CHART SPECIAL,TOP 20 IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT

,WHAT ARE YOU ON TONIGHT

SKIN ME UP ONE..

yeah its disco - patrice rushen - " forget me nots", club anthem from 1982, sampled on "men in black" think

danny

Edited by rachel
Social source share

f*** ME PEDRO YOURE LOSING IT

ITS A CHART SPECIAL,TOP 20 IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT

,WHAT ARE YOU ON TONIGHT

SKIN ME UP ONE..

I know it made the top 20. So did a lot of the Temptations tracks I sent up, the Candi Staton, the David Ruffin. What difference does it make, all I said was I liked the record, and I'm gonna post And The Beat Goes On by The Whispers in a minute, that'll make you choke on your beansprouts.

Edited by rachel
Social source share

==============

Who remembers the days of "The only good modern record is a broken one" :ohmy:

You'll be asking when the next southport weekender is next :wicked:

I know you're pulling my leg but everyone's missing the point which is - it's just a great little record. Like Sister Sledge - Thinking Of You, wish I had a video of that.

Social source share

Love it, reminds me of a crazy week spent in Benidorm, :ohmy: it was played over & over again in every bar & club we went in, Paid for my hotel full board and never slept or ate in it once, :wicked: Happy Days

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

yeah its disco - patrice rushen - " forget me nots", club anthem from 1982, sampled on "men in black" think

danny

It was also sampled on a George Michael track...now if only i could remember which one... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I know you're pulling my leg but everyone's missing the point which is - it's just a great little record. Like Sister Sledge - Thinking Of You, wish I had a video of that.

It is a great record, Pete and I applaud your taste. Was big back in the day along with Hi Fashion 'Feeling Lucky', Daytona 'Sound of The Music', Alicia Myers 'Say Say Say', Jenny Burton 'Bad Habits', Whatnauts 'Help is on it's way'....Fatback Band 'I found Lovin' and 'Girls on my mind'....Loose Ends 'Hanging on a string' - I was running a record shop in Chatham and djing at The Avenue...all scrunchy dayglo dresses and pineapple hairdos...Ibiza was just starting out and it was all very Club Tropicana - :thumbsup: happy happy days, Jo....

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Social source share

She is a well respected keyboardist in the Jazz world.

She was the first female musical director for the Emmys

Yep she's a serious jazzer and she writes as well as plays and sings. From Norman Connors to Sheena Easton and Stanleu Turrentine she's arranged, produced and played on hundreds of albums.

It's a handbag classic and I love it. Her other 12's go down well in Europe and Japan. Kickin' Back for one. Have'nt You heard was another club biggie.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

It was also sampled on a George Michael track...now if only i could remember which one... rolleyes.gif Jo

Doh....Faster Love....it came to me in a blinding flash...ooh err :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Yep she's a serious jazzer and she writes as well as plays and sings. From Norman Connors to Sheena Easton and Stanleu Turrentine she's arranged, produced and played on hundreds of albums.

It's a handbag classic and I love it. Her other 12's go down well in Europe and Japan. Kickin' Back for one. Have'nt You heard was another club biggie.

hi do you have a clip of Kickin' Back I don't have that

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mel brat

"Haven't You Heard" (ELEKTRA, 1979) was one of my favourite records from 'The Rum Runner' Jazz/Funk nights back then. What a pity many of the "soulful" contributors to this subject were (and are in some cases still are!)flapping around in Spencer's baggies to f___ing Murial Day, or some such!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

It's funny how there are so many parallel Soulful worlds going on and what is well known as a Dance/Soul rcord in one world is totally unknown in another. Variety is the spice of life, one mans meat, eggs in one basket, people in glass houses, too many cooks, gathering no moss and all that I suppose.

I'm going back to my Air Power, Masurrati and Eastside Connection 12"s

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mel brat

It's funny how there are so many parallel Soulful worlds going on and what is well known as a Dance/Soul rcord in one world is totally unknown in another. Variety is the spice of life, one mans meat, eggs in one basket, people in glass houses, too many cooks, gathering no moss and all that I suppose.

I'm going back to my Air Power, Masurrati and Eastside Connection 12"s

Eastside Connection ("You're So Right For Me") is another one of my faves! Disco rules! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!