Wounded record. Tee cut solution?

Ik001

Hi Anyone?

As a small time record collector who finds that mending “wounded” records very therapeutic, (i.e. do tend to play them rather than drool over the condition) I was just wondering if anyone has used Tee cut?.

Bought a rather badly marked Tommy Navarro for a pittance but is really badly marked (see photo). It does play through okay but with constant bacon and egg frying background noise.

Have lightly sanded down the bumps but thought a tee cut then wood glue might help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In Advance

Ian

DSCN8656.JPG

Edited by ik001
Social source share

I know someone who t-cut his sales. They looked great but sounded like total sh*t   and I got a full refund. Ok if you're pulling a one way sales scam but not if you want to actually listen to them,

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Use a Loricraft record cleaning machine, if you can't afford one then make friends with someone who can. This is (IMHO) the finest cleaning unit on the market. Anything you put into the grooves of a record you then have to get out again, this unit uses a great Vacuum system which works very well and is also sturdily built, I have had my unit for 20+ years and never had a problem, I have cleaned many thousands of records on it which when you break down what it cost me back then (£350ish) makes it a bargain. I got it direct from the Guy who builds them but do not have his contact details. The use of T-cut sounds insane...........! Also wood glue.........?? They both must leave heavy chemical residue in the grooves which must impair the sound and also effect the stylus. Also, remember when using alcohol to clean records you must let the grooves dry thoroughly before playback as the alcohol can effect the glue which attaches the stylus, this will effect playback and can cause the stylus to fail.

Affect or effect? I bunked off school a lot!

Social source share

PVA when done right can be very effective. It won't deal with scratches but will lift out crap from the grooves and doesn't leave anything behind. You end up with a negative of the record on the dried PVA.

I wouldn't touch tcut. It'll clean the surface but that is not where the grooves are. All you would do is move the crap from the surface to the grooves which can't help anything. 

Works a treat on the GP though!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Stompingsevens said:

Use a Loricraft record cleaning machine, if you can't afford one then make friends with someone who can. This is (IMHO) the finest cleaning unit on the market. Anything you put into the grooves of a record you then have to get out again, this unit uses a great Vacuum system which works very well and is also sturdily built, I have had my unit for 20+ years and never had a problem, I have cleaned many thousands of records on it which when you break down what it cost me back then (£350ish) makes it a bargain. I got it direct from the Guy who builds them but do not have his contact details. The use of T-cut sounds insane...........! Also wood glue.........?? They both must leave heavy chemical residue in the grooves which must impair the sound and also effect the stylus. Also, remember when using alcohol to clean records you must let the grooves dry thoroughly before playback as the alcohol can effect the glue which attaches the stylus, this will effect playback and can cause the stylus to fail.

Affect or effect? I bunked off school a lot!

Affect.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!