• Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Lady Maverick

Why She Had to Leave Me - the temptations - motown

11199 refosoul

From EMPERORS OF SOUL Box Set...features Dennis Edwards on lead.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Hang On In There - the intruders - pir

11202 refosoul

From COWBOYS TO GIRLS: THE BEST OF THE INTRUDERS...I close my shows out with this one sometimes!

Social source share

Hang On In There - the intruders - pir

11202 refosoul

From COWBOYS TO GIRLS: THE BEST OF THE INTRUDERS...I close my shows out with this one sometimes!

am I missing something? thought it was a thread for posting r&b. Intruders, Temps, sly stone surely only r&b in the American sense of the description which basically means 'black music' and I figured no-one actually uses it to mean that in real life. Anyway, sorry, enjoy me r&b clips possibly :wicked:

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

am I missing something? thought it was a thread for posting r&b. Intruders, Temps, sly stone surely only r&b in the American sense of the description which basically means 'black music' and I figured no-one actually uses it to mean that in real life. Anyway, sorry, enjoy me r&b clips possibly :wicked:

Not to me...only sharing what I have...thanks for your input, however! :ohmy:

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

Keep On Pushing Love - al green - from soul galore cd

11196 refosoul

This has become one of my favorites!

good choice -- good cd compilation..

Social source share

No way, Thats the dogs wotsits IMO, love it ,

First heard Kev play it at No More Doggin' and thought it was a very odd tune.....thought it was somewhat better when Rowly played it at Johnny Timlin's party....maybe it will grow on me but I'll never spend money to get it.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

A bit overrated IMO....the tune that is

For it to go from a few $$$$'s to £200 - £400 for the demo in less than 12 months. I think there are a fair few out there that love it though :thumbsup::(:shades: I know of a few demo copies doing the mod and R&B circuit but only 1 issue.... strange!!!

BTW if there is anyone out there that has the slightest bit of info regarding ZuZu Blues Band........ i'd be so very grateful indeed. Even A&M have no details!!! :yes::yes:sad.gif

Social source share

First heard Kev play it at No More Doggin' and thought it was a very odd tune.....thought it was somewhat better when Rowly played it at Johnny Timlin's party....maybe it will grow on me but I'll never spend money to get it.

Well if you come across one let me know and i"ll spend some of mine, just out of curiosty, ive only seen demos of this, is it on an issue, if so which is rarer, seen demos a couple of times at 150 quidish is that about the right price ?

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Yep...... it was the lovely Kev "fluffy" C that first introduced me to the track at No More Doggin....... i'll always be grateful. :thumbsup:

Social source share

For it to go from a few $$$$'s to £200 - £400 for the demo in less than 12 months. I think there are a fair few out there that love it though :(:shades::yes: I know of a few demo copies doing the mod and R&B circuit but only 1 issue.... strange!!!

BTW if there is anyone out there that has the slightest bit of info regarding ZuZu Blues Band........ i'd be so very grateful indeed. Even A&M have no details!!! sad.gif:P:(

OK so you can type faster then me :yes:

Knew I should of brought that last copy i saw :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Well if you come across one let me know and i"ll spend some of mine, just out of curiosty, ive only seen demos of this, is it on an issue, if so which is rarer, seen demos a couple of times at 150 quidish is that about the right price ?

Kev sold one recently without a haggle for £275 but it can easily fetch more now. I missed out on one 6 months ago for £80 because i just couldn't afford it :thumbsup:

I really hope you get a nice cheap copy Miff. Better to buy it for love and play it than to just make a quick profit. Glad you liked the upload and THANKS TO KC for the introduction to the track

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Dutch Treat - utopians - imperial

11222 refosoul

First heard at Spondon and then at Hideaway..... love it! Quirky dancer!

Social source share

A fool in love - ike & tina turner - sue

11223 refosoul

As rare as air & cheep as chips but still good all the same

Edited by miff
Social source share

after listening to some amazing tunes on r&b wednesday, id like label,price and availability info on these please

carol fran-im gonna try- ?

little johnny taylor-zig zag lightening-?

rosco gordon-you got my bait-jomada

johnny wells-lonely moon-astor

thanks in advance

jason

Social source share

after listening to some amazing tunes on r&b wednesday, id like label,price and availability info on these please

rosco gordon-you got my bait-jomada

As I said earlier on this thread this is a great double sider for £10.....get it before it goes BIG

Edited by Rbman
Social source share

i`m not going home - lonnie brooks - usa

11234 refosoul

Played this last time i played out at the mousetrap,had the dance floor heavin`,and i bet R Banks sold a few not long after.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!