So pleased I held on to my original copy of this

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 09:10, 45cellar said:

Catch it before it starts. Even has the alternate title for the instrumental written above SALVATION.

this is my copy I got from guy hennigan last year ......big floor filler for me at the moment

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 12/05/2017 at 10:57, Peter99 said:

Great Roger. Not seen many of your great scans lately. I hope all is well mate.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Thanks Peter.

All is well now mate will be spending more time on here now. I had a diffcult and busy time last year when my 90 year old Father died. Spent many months prior with Hospital visits to see him etc. Daily visit to Soul Source by mobile a lot of the time.

On 12/05/2017 at 19:14, soul shrews said:

Agree Peter99. And what do you make of my copy Roger ?

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul.

I am not sure of its source but it does look to be a re-issue. I seem to recall that I have seen some information surrounding these re-issues. When I find it I will post here.

The original Yellow & Green Robert Thomas Vocal has been about in great number, I bought my copy for around a fiver in 2011.

It is in demand currently so has increased in value as already mentioned.

The original Yellow & Green Instrumental copy appears to be extremely rare and has undergone a curious title change at some stage.

I bought this copy " THE IRON HORSE" for £40 in 2013.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

15 hours ago, wiganer1 said:

this is my copy I got from guy hennigan last year ......big floor filler for me at the moment

It must be one of only a handful of copies and extremely rare. A couple of collectors had previously told me that it existed is this variation titled "SALVATION". This is the first and only time that I have personally seen one.

Social source share

Thanks Paul.

I am not sure of its source but it does look to be a re-issue. I seem to recall that I have seen some information surrounding these re-issues. When I find it I will post here.

Thanks Roger I was afraid it wasn"t the real deal. Had it in my "Hmmm not sure " box for a few years but read recently that yellows were real and pinks were boots. This brought my hopes up for a while but after following this good thread my hopes are dashed.

Its heading for the bin ! :(

Cheers Paul

Social source share

8 hours ago, angus said:

Ref mals comment above-that aint quite true mate-you sold it to me for £25 at the beginning of last year-can I have my tenner back!!

times are tough in Yorkshire!!

thanks

LOLZ  Brilliant...

Social source share

Bought one ex+  for £70 just over a year ago from a dealer that had three,  got quickly bored and struggled to sell it on eventually getting £100 on here in Nov last year . It's not rare , it's already overplayed - a mixture of boots and originals at virtually every oldies event . Give it a six months or so and I'd predict prices will peak due to demand , then level and fall to what it was a couple of years ago (£50 ?) . 

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!