Source Suggestions, Thoughts, Views Etc Etc

Mike

Thought as soul source is getting to the long overdue 100% state may be worthwhile puting up a shout for any

views, suggestions, points, discussion , questions on anything really about soul source

Two reasons,

Main one being members make site what it is, so think fair to say members views worthwhile

If need be can give site opportunity to explain why something is done in such a way or the reasons behind it, and hopefully avoid any misunderstanding

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thought as soul source is getting to the long overdue 100% state  may be worthwhile puting up a shout for any

views, suggestions, points, discussion , questions on anything really about soul source

Two reasons,

Main one being members make site what it is, so think fair to say members  views worthwhile

If need be can give site opportunity  to explain  why something is done in such a way or the  reasons behind it, and hopefully avoid any misunderstanding

link

Just thought i'd bring Mike's original post back to the top again. :thumbsup:

Social source share

ahh one of these  :thumbsup:

Are you going to tell us what it is then Smiffy?

link

What, that picture? It's a f*cking tumbleweed, what's it look like? :thumbsup:

It represents a total lack of response from anyone to Mike's excellent suggestion...

do you like my new avatar by the way?

Social source share

Just thought i'd bring Mike's original post back to the top again.  :thumbsup:

link

Kolla, I do admire your trying. What can you do eh? :thumbsup:

Any ways, I have something :thumbsup:

I am sure that on the homepage at the end of each topic title, there were the number of pages listed. Therefore from the homepage if say there were 5 pages to a thread you could just hit the 5 and go straight to the last page. Now you got to go into the first page, then the last page. Obviuosly a minor thing, but it used to be like that (?) and it is just a hassle and time thing. And time is money...

Social source share

Could you get Mike to stop typing in the style where he misses out every 4th word?  :thumbsup:

link

Laughing my head off !!

Mike types as he speaks. Solicitors employ similar sentence structures when drawing up contracts :thumbsup: (funny eh).

In any case, I think it's very generous of him to allow you to punctuate his sentences where ever you see fit.

Social source share

I am sure that on the homepage at the end of each topic title, there were the number of pages listed.  Therefore from the homepage if say there were 5 pages to a thread you could just hit the 5 and go straight to the last page.  Now you got to go into the first page, then the last page. 

link

You've just floored me with a good suggestion Dave. I really didn't see it coming :thumbsup:

Social source share

Kolla, I do admire your trying. What can you do eh?  :lol:

Any ways, I have something  :unsure:

I am sure that on the homepage at the end of each topic title, there were the number of pages listed.  Therefore from the homepage if say there were 5 pages to a thread you could just hit the 5 and go straight to the last page.  Now you got to go into the first page, then the last page.  Obviuosly a minor thing, but it used to be like that (?) and it is just a hassle and time thing. And time is money...

link

Well said Dave, I have been thinking the same thing myself, but was unsure how to actually put it.

Social source share

Laughing my head off !! 

Mike types as he speaks.  Solicitors employ similar sentence structures when drawing up contracts  :lol:   (funny eh).

In any case, I think it's very generous of him to allow you to punctuate his sentences where ever you see fit.

link

I have grown accustomed to Mikes typing patterns, its almost like a language in itself. Speed writing ;-)

Social source share

Kolla, I do admire your trying. What can you do eh?  :(

Any ways, I have something  :D

I am sure that on the homepage at the end of each topic title, there were the number of pages listed.  Therefore from the homepage if say there were 5 pages to a thread you could just hit the 5 and go straight to the last page.  Now you got to go into the first page, then the last page.  Obviuosly a minor thing, but it used to be like that (?) and it is just a hassle and time thing. And time is money...

link

You've just floored me with a good suggestion Dave. I really didn't see it coming  :lol:

link

:lol::unsure::lol:swoon.gifswoon.gifswoon.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Solicitors employ similar sentence structures when drawing up contracts  :lol:   (funny eh).

link

Actually, you can charge extra for including definitive articles. :unsure:

Social source share

Mike, Serious now, how about a Soulsource 2004 National Northern Soul Adwards kind of deal, best venue, best weekender, best DJ, best live act, best radio show...lol, most popular magazine, maybe this would be a good way for all members to express their feelings and thoughts on the current scene......... just a thought, then maybe a National Northern Soul AGM or big event where all promoters, DJ's and Soul fans could get together air their views and present the adwards again just an idea....

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

You've just floored me with a good suggestion Dave. I really didn't see it coming  :lol:

link

on the "front page " thing

instead of hitting the subject, if you hit the "latest" link it "should" take you automatically to the "last post" you read in that thread (if logged in)

so saving the need for the "pages" links

note the "should" bit :unsure:

I have grown accustomed to Mikes typing patterns, its almost like a language in itself. Speed writing ;-)

link

mmm.. since reading the comments on my communication skills, I am currently counting as I type, throwing in "I"s everywhere, and planning a quiet weekend. There is a theory that this forum follows a day of the week related pattern, sunday, monday being the long post days, tue, wed being the grumpy days,....

Mike, Serious now, how about a Soulsource 2004 National Northern Soul Adwards kind of deal, best venue, best weekender, best DJ, best live act, best radio show...lol, most popular magazine, maybe this would be a good way for all members to express their feelings and thoughts on the current scene......... just a thought, then maybe a National Northern Soul AGM or big event where all promoters, DJ's and Soul fans could get together air their views and present the adwards again just an idea....

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

the "awards" thing sounds interesting, as you say Mark be a good way of members expressing their views, plus sure the results would be interesting. Not too sure how a agm would work though, need a fair few pairs of boxing gloves :lol:

Keep any suggestions, thoughts coming in ......

Social source share

yay mike, second mark's suggestion i remember proposing this b4 (awards thing)just after death of Mr Godin, could include a "hall of fame/services to NS"

prob b to complicated to set up but we can dream... if not just have a vote on here, nominate a shortlist for chosen categories and (someone design a form)

Danny D

Social source share

So lets do it then like a National Northern Soul poll, need to set it all up Mike but it would be interesting, don't think we would need boxing gloves at a possible AGM as a good old street fight would be oh so much fun...lol

Could set the various sections up and give people three votes or nominations each

i hope you can put something together.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Social source share

So lets do it then like a National Northern Soul poll, need to set it all up Mike but it would be interesting, don't think we would need boxing gloves at a possible AGM as a good old street fight would be oh so much fun...lol

Could set the various sections up and give people three votes or nominations each

i hope you can put something together.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

===============

Personally I could really see the balloon going up if this took off. Capulets and Montagues......was this what Billy S foresaw when he wrote R&J :thumbsup:

A couple of serious questions though.....

Would the major players want to take part?

Should we put them on pedestals anyway?

The mainstay of the northern scene IMO are the crowds.....without them you don't have a scene......they're the ones that deserve the awards for keeping it alive!

Winnie :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!