You Know You Got Soul, With Mick H

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

med_gallery_663_10_185052.jpgmed_gallery_663_10_295824.jpg

DJs Ian Wright and James Trouble joined by guest Mick H for 6 hours of classic northern biggies and cutting edge rare soul.

8pm till 2am at the Bassment, Wells Street, Chelmsford. £10 will get you in, and tickets are available at www.youknowyougotsoul.com (website will be updated in next day or so). We're expecting this one to be a sell out like all the previous events, so it's advisable to buy your tickets in advance.

And as usual, all proceeds go to charity!!!!

Edited by James Trouble
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tickets are now available to buy online at www.youknowyougotsoul.com

:shades:

I'm definately coming along to this, yes.gif I got the train times wrong and left an hour too early at the last one :D

Can you bring a couple of tickets along to Colchester on Friday? :)

If anyone is coming along with Mick H, don't forget your taxi fare laugh.gif

Guest James Trouble

I'm definately coming along to this, :yes: I got the train times wrong and left an hour too early at the last one frusty2.gif

Can you bring a couple of tickets along to Colchester on Friday? thumbsup.gif

If anyone is coming along with Mick H, don't forget your taxi fare laugh.gif

It sould be a good couple of days. Chelmsford on the Thursday, Colchester on the Friday.

I'll have the new "Trouble Pent House" by then as well, back at the infamous "Court", so I'll be thinking of having a party there at some point over the two days. :secret: :D

Guest James Trouble

Hope it goes well for you and hope to see some off you down the LEL afterwards along with Mick. thumbsup.gif

Oh fantastic, is it the allnighter on the Thursday? I've just updated the website, but if that is the case I'll try and squeeze you onto it (have you got a website?) and maybe organise a convoy up there after. What a great couple of days it is shaping up to be thumbsup.gif

Edited by James Trouble

Oh fantastic, is it the allnighter on the Thursday? I've just updated the website, but if that is the case I'll try and squeeze you onto it (have you got a website?) and maybe organise a convoy up there after. What a great couple of days it is shaping up to be thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif bar open till 6 am finish. Web site being sorted for next year but thanks anyway .

James, if poss Let me know of numbers on the night (text or something )i won`t charge full price for people coming over afterwards, if we not full. shades.gif

As always James best of luck with this, always for a worthwhile cause............I will get down one day :unsure:

Hi james best of luck with this like andy will be on the door at l.e.l like andy said let us know how many coming over after always willing to accommodate a few more dancers

hope it's a packer for you will make it over in 2007

:huh:

Hi james best of luck with this like andy will be on the door at l.e.l like andy said let us know how many coming over after always willing to accommodate a few more dancers

hope it's a packer for you will make it over in 2007

biggrin.gif

I'll be coming over to St Ives after YKYGS too - can't wait, it's going to be an insane weekend :thumbsup::shades: We need to find a space to fit james' party in too ohmy.gif

James, just booked mine - no doubt pay pal will slump again and I'll have to pick a cardboard box up in the street once more and say shifty's, james, arthur's (delete as appropriate) records mate to the bouncer ! With the all night stansted bus running from just outside to southend there's no reason for the south essex tightwads to miss this ! Colchester the night after - ouch ! Tis feast or famine in these parts!

Haydn

Guest James Trouble

James, just booked mine - no doubt pay pal will slump again and I'll have to pick a cardboard box up in the street once more and say shifty's, james, arthur's (delete as appropriate) records mate to the bouncer ! With the all night stansted bus running from just outside to southend there's no reason for the south essex tightwads to miss this ! Colchester the night after - ouch ! Tis feast or famine in these parts!

Haydn

It's come through Haydn, not sure what happenned last time, pretty sure you didn't press the confirm buttom though! :D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James Trouble

If Katie hasn't had enough bad luck in her life a horrid thing happenned to her yesterday afternoon.

A woman forced her way into Kate's house, shut the front door and wouldn't let Kate out, asked if anyone else was in the house, restrained her and forced money out of her before making her escape.

This is the home that Katie and her new husband have just moved into, and it's their first home together, and to say she is shaken up is an understatement.

The police have yet to visit her, because she is not a priority because she was not physically injured in the attack. 24 hours later they have still not come round to make a report or take a detailed statement!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with this country?

I'm not sure how this is going to affect Kate but knowing her she'll probably bounce straight back. Sorry for any unnecessary bumping, but just in case, it's all hands to the pump to get the night promoted. Fingers crossed Kate will bounce back stronger than ever and she'll be out on the floor with the in crowd come the 28th.... :unsure:

Edited by James Trouble

If Katie hasn't had enough bad luck in her life a horrid thing happenned to her yesterday afternoon.

A woman forced her way into Kate's house, shut the front door and wouldn't let Kate out, asked if anyone else was in the house, restrained her and forced money out of her before making her escape.

This is the home that Katie and her new husband have just moved into, and it's their first home together, and to say she is shaken up is an understatement.

The police have yet to visit her, because she is not a priority because she was not physically injured in the attack. 24 hours later they have still not come round to make a report or take a detailed statement!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with this country?

I'm not sure how this is going to affect Kate but knowing her she'll probably bounce straight back. Sorry for any unnecessary bumping, but just in case, it's all hands to the pump to get the night promoted. Fingers crossed Kate will bounce back stronger than ever and she'll be out on the floor with the in crowd come the 28th.... :D

Thats awful James, bloody old bill useless :angry: did you know they will be round your house the the same night if you've recived 'abusive' emails to check it out.....(or so i was lead to belive :yes: ) but when some one goes through such a thing like that they dont even bother :unsure:

Going on Kates past record with promoting this night, i dont think much will stop her :yes:

I'm not sure how this is going to affect Kate but knowing her she'll probably bounce straight back. Sorry for any unnecessary bumping, but just in case, it's all hands to the pump to get the night promoted. Fingers crossed Kate will bounce back stronger than ever and she'll be out on the floor with the in crowd come the 28th.... :unsure:

That's so awful, :angry: Thank God she wasn't injured. Give Kate a big hug from me when you see her.

:unsure: What a bunch of wanker.gif

Hope she feels better soon, not a priority, they jest surely!!

Simon

Guest James Trouble

:unsure: What a bunch of wanker.gif

Hope she feels better soon, not a priority, they jest surely!!

Simon

Katie is ofiicially "disabled" I think (try telling her that though), so there has been a forced entry of a disabled person's house who has effectively been held captive and she feared for her life and the police dont' think it's a priority.

And what is really sad is that Katie and her husband Nick have only been in their home together for a matter of days. So sad, and not a nice start to a marrage.

Seriously a disgrace.

Edited by James Trouble

Katie is ofiicially "disabled" I think (try telling her that though), so there has been a forced entry of a disabled person's house who has effectively been held captive and she feared for her life and the police dont' think it's a priority.

And what is really sad is that Katie and her husband Nick have only been in their home together for a matter of days. So sad, and not a nice start to a marrage.

Seriously a disgrace.

Hi James,

I read the piece on her that you put up a while ago, she is a seriously courageous person!

The sad thing is i'm really not surprised by the attitude of the fuzz, i've heard so many horror stories in recent times of serious incidences where they don't seem particularly bothered, not really sure nowadays why we have to pay taxes for them as they don't appear to do a lot.

I got burgled when i was living in Brixton about 10 years ago & it's something that always stays with you, it's such a serious crime imo, very personal as is car crime.

On a lighter note did anyone used to watch 'Early doors', there's a classic sketch where the old bill are having a drink in the Grapes & get called to a burglary & casually carry on with their drink & then the classic line "I don't know why some of these people phone up about burglaries, you almost feel like doing them for wasting police time", so spot on it's not true!

Simon

Guest James Trouble

A regular flow of people have started to buy tickets now, and with a couple of big features coming out in the local press and radio in the next week or so we fully expect this to be another sell out, so if you want to come I woudl as usual recommend buying tickets in advance.

If you are thinking of coming up to the St Ives allnighter this event could be a great place to stop off and get warmed up. It will be a lot of fun, is less than an hour to St Ives up the m11, and of course is 100% for charity.

The music will be rather special as well :thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

There are still 100 tickets left, but there are going out at a pretty steady rate now, the articles in the local news papers and magazines are out this week as well, mostly tomorrow. If you've not got your ticket yet.... thumbsup.gif

There are still 100 tickets left, but there are going out at a pretty steady rate now, the articles in the local news papers and magazines are out this week as well, mostly tomorrow. If you've not got your ticket yet.... thumbsup.gif

Have you put mine and Ady's tickets by? Or could you bring them along to xmas party on Thursday please biggrin.gif

Guest James Trouble

Have you put mine and Ady's tickets by? Or could you bring them along to xmas party on Thursday please :shades:

I can reserve two for you to collect on the door, although you could always buy them on the website with a credit/debit card, it's very easy to use!

www.youknowyougotsoul.com

Guest James Trouble

By popular demand from some of the Chelmsford soulies who have asked if Trickster can DJ after his popular dancing at the March event, he has been added to the DJ roster. He'll be helping Ian and I out on the warm up to Mick's 2 hour set :shades:

Trickster has terrific taste in music, and is a welcome addition to the DJ line up. It'll stop the Chelmsford girlies hassling me to get him on now as well :lol:

Guest James Trouble

There are still a few tickets left, but if you are thinking of coming and have not got your ticket in within the next few hours it will probably be worth ringing either myself or Kate, the number is on the website, to check if we are still selling them in advance.

:wicked:

There are still a few tickets left, but if you are thinking of coming and have not got your ticket in within the next few hours it will probably be worth ringing either myself or Kate, the number is on the website, to check if we are still selling them in advance.

:thumbup:

james

hope your nights a great success let me know how many of you are coming to st ives later atb steve :thumbsup:

Have a good one tonight, We ain't going nowhere tonight, I need a clear head for my own do on Friday

Jon & Sue

Guest James Trouble

james

hope your nights a great success let me know how many of you are coming to st ives later atb steve :thumbsup:

Will do, I think alot depends on everyone's ability to resist afternoon coctails! whistling.gif

Guest James Trouble

Have a good one tonight, We ain't going nowhere tonight, I need a clear head for my own do on Friday

Jon & Sue

Know the feeling, I got to do Colchester tomorrow as well ph34r.gif

med_gallery_663_10_185052.jpgmed_gallery_663_10_295824.jpg

DJs Ian Wright and James Trouble joined by guest Mick H for 6 hours of classic northern biggies and cutting edge rare soul.

8pm till 2am at the Bassment, Wells Street, Chelmsford. £10 will get you in, and tickets are available at www.youknowyougotsoul.com (website will be updated in next day or so). We're expecting this one to be a sell out like all the previous events, so it's advisable to buy your tickets in advance.

And as usual, all proceeds go to charity!!!!

There are 4 soul minded folks from Bristol coming.........should be a great night.....see you there whistling.gif

Ian Williams